2019 Levo 27.5 wheels

MEDUIX

Nov 21, 2018
BARCELONA
Guys, don't you think that Cushcore is very, very difficult to install and remove?
Do you think Cushcore is much better than other similar systems like Panzer, Rimpact, etc ...?

I'm considering installing it in my TL 19 but I'm afraid of the difficulty of its installation.

etoni

E*POWAH Elite
Sep 3, 2018
Thun Switzerland
Guys, don't you think that Cushcore is very, very difficult to install and remove?
Do you think Cushcore is much better than other similar systems like Panzer, Rimpact, etc ...?

I'm considering installing it in my TL 19 but I'm afraid of the difficulty of its installation.
there is no problem to install and yes it is the best system.

Last edited:

etoni

E*POWAH Elite
Sep 3, 2018
Thun Switzerland
Have you tried any other systems? which ones?
Can you compare Cushcore with Panzer or Rimpact?
No, but i tried Huck norris victoria some noodles.. not good for me.
but the cushcore move not sideway like all other product on the rim and it is a suspension system to! look that video and no other question are necessary!
the other system you talk i not interesst sorry.

Last edited:

Charlie149

Mar 16, 2019
Glasgow
HI all, I just swapped out my 29" wheels for some 27.5" Hope Fortus 30s with the same Butcher Grid 2.6 tyres as were on the original wheels. For me, a 5'6" woman on a women's medium Levo FSR, it has made the world of difference to handling (so much more agile, steering feels much more direct) and there's a happy little payoff in terms of standover height too. I'm so glad I made the change! Anyone looking for a set of Roval 29" wheels?? ;)

skypickle

Jul 18, 2019
MA
So i too want to join the 27.5" wheel club. I am looking at dt swiss h 1700 spline . The are supposedly beefy wheels specifically for high torque bikes. For tires i'd go 2.8in rear 2.6 in front. I don't really know much esoterica, but I imagine I need 'boost' sizing for the levo? and what about that 'flip chip'? do i need to fuss w that? has it made a difference?

Charlie149

Mar 16, 2019
Glasgow
I’ve flipped the chip, just so that I don’t start hitting rocks etc with my bb. You do need boost sizing. I’d say the bike feels really well balanced and I’m happy with the set up. Good luck with your change!

etoni

E*POWAH Elite
Sep 3, 2018
Thun Switzerland
do a fox 36 float grip2 fork 27.5 170mm 44mm rake works, in the 2019 levo with 2.6 tire? ore is the bike to deep in the full travel? boot the 29 51mm rake and the 27.5 44mm rake have 57mm axle to steerer..

jm2e

Jun 2, 2019
ekn8tios
Wife and I both bought 2019 Turbo Levo base models.

Mine's set up stock with the wheels/tires, but I upgraded to a 160mm Fox 36 Factory. I think the stock wheels are garbage and am planning to upgrade soon. Seriously considering leaving the front 29" and putting a 27.5" in the back.

Wife's was built up with 27.5" DT Swiss XM521 (35mm inner) wheelset and 2.8" Minions. And a 170mm Fox 36 with the Push Coil conversion. At her shorter height, 29" wheels just don't ride as well. The bike has absolutely zero problems being run this way. She'll outdescend 99% of the riders. Biggest problem with the small frame is lack of full seat tube. Had to BikeYoke Revive 160mm we bought for her because it wouldn't drop down far enough into the frame. On a OneUp Dropper now, which works but is waaaaay less awesome.

Regarding CushCore: Yes, it's worth it. 100% worth it on the eBike. The secret is, it's not just about flat protection. Significant sidewall support in turns and landing jumps wonky. But when you're flying down fast chattery stuff, the damping affect is unreal. My Levo feels smoother with better traction at ultra high speed than my downhill bike! And I'd say it eliminates the need to consider Ebike specific tires and wheels.

jwrx

Jul 22, 2018
Malaysia
yeah i want feedback also! how do you all like the 19 levo on the 27.5's

i like my bike alot more on 27.5, but make sure you
- flipchip to high mode
- raise your stem
- increase front sus if possible (im using a pike with 160mm spring)

Im on Santa Cruz Reserve, with DHF 2.5/DHR 2.4, pic shows original butcher 29ner
20190905_154411.jpg

Dee Scee

Dec 21, 2018
Berkeley
I have put my 27,5 on my 2019 Levo. I run the 2.6 Butcher in front and 2,6 Purgatory in the back. These tires because I haven´t shifted theme since they were on the rims from my original bike. What I found out was where I ride even the tiny pattern of Purgatory in 2.6 work just fine when it comes to grip. Would like a more precise cornering tire though, but still...I ordered 2.6 Maxxis DHF and DHR in 27,5 now which I belive will be plenty of grip and better when it comes to cornering. The BB hight comes in around 330mm(3mm higher than Stuntjumper EVO) now in the low setting. The frontend feels a little bit low so ordered a 160mm air shaft to the front end to raise it up a bit. I think the bike would be fantastic with "normal" 27,5 wheels with 170mm up front....The handling is 10 times quicker and more fun than the 29". The low BB is just noticeable on a slow step down but works great on slow step ups when it comes to hitting the motor and battery...You also need to plan a little bit more where to paddle for not hitting your krank arms but I really prefer that than a high BB
hey @Levolized ! thanks for all the info. one question... when you say the 27.5’s were from your original bike, do you mean a previous year of levo? i mostly ask because i‘m thinking of trying 29’s on my 2017... swappy mc swapperson???

thewrx

Sep 4, 2019
US
I plan on getting a heavy duty set of 27.5s for anything offroad, with an ewilde, eddy, or dhf/r; and keeping the 29s for paved/mix with ardents/race or similiar.

Levolized

Dec 16, 2018
Norway
hey @Levolized ! thanks for all the info. one question... when you say the 27.5’s were from your original bike, do you mean a previous year of levo? i mostly ask because i‘m thinking of trying 29’s on my 2017... swappy mc swapperson???
You are welcome. Hehe, yes fun to try things out...:geek:No that was from an traditional bike...

Alan Yeung

Jul 9, 2019
Ottawa, ON, Canada
I've tried 29 F&R (flip bit low), 27.5 F&R (flip bit high), and mullet: 29F, 27.5R (flip-bit high) and my favorite is the mullet configuration. The smaller rear wheel allows me to get lower over the rear end, especially when going down steeps. The bike felt more playful with the smaller wheels but I was getting a tad more pedal strikes than I like. For me the mullet hits the the sweet spot, plus it raises the front end which is a bonus.

Levolized

Dec 16, 2018
Norway
I've tried 29 F&R (flip bit low), 27.5 F&R (flip bit high), and mullet: 29F, 27.5R (flip-bit high) and my favorite is the mullet configuration. The smaller rear wheel allows me to get lower over the rear end, especially when going down steeps. The bike felt more playful with the smaller wheels but I was getting a tad more pedal strikes than I like. For me the mullet hits the the sweet spot, plus it raises the front end which is a bonus.
I ended up with the same set up, love it as well...I will keep my mullet for ever:LOL:. 29 on the back wheel really limits the fun factor for people with shorter legs. I would say if you need a frame M, than a 29 in the rear is probably to big, if you want fun.... It should come stock with a 27 rear wheel in S-M

Letford

Jul 21, 2019
Basford
Does slacken or steepeen head angle using 650B wheels? My current "Acoustic" is a Cotic Rocket which is slack, trying to get the levo a little slacker.

Blebo19

Dec 1, 2019
Italy
My Levo 2019 27.5
20191130_111119.jpg
My cassette is broken in less than 50km can you suggest me a more strong cassette?

Mavik

Jan 4, 2019
Malaysia
Thanks for the reply. I'm surprised there hasn't been more that have tried the smaller wheels.
In my local trails I know of a couple who went for the 27.5" wheels for their 2019/2020 Turbo Levo. They seemed to like it over the 29ers.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles