New-Lapierre-Overvolt-AM-727i-2019-Shimano-Steps-Electric-Bike.jpg

Manufacturer: Lapierre
Model: Overvolt AM 727i
Model Year: 2019
Price Paid: 5500€ est. with lbs discount
New/Used: Used
Score (out of 10): 8

Review: I jusr realized I should post these posts as a review:

My local lbs loaned me a overvolt 727i. It is a shimano powered 160mm enduro/all mtn bike set up to be relatively lively with shortish chainstays and 65.5 angle.

I loved how the bike rode in general. Excellent all round bike with great suspensión and really good brakes. (I had never tried the guide RE, and didn’t expect much from them. They are almost as good as the saints on the cube I rode, so great value for money.).

I like the shimano motor, but i must admit I prefer Bosch for climbs and trails, except for on fast straights. I can confirm that the really big advantage of shimano as everyone knows is that is is low or almost no drag. However, the big tires (2.8) create a lot of drag themselves.

Finally, it is the first time I tried the shimano remote and the dropper on top, and as is also well documented here, it is not very ergonomic and I would also make the change to the wolf tooth and E6000 remote.
In conclusion, loved the bike, it can take anything I could throw at it, extremely well balanced and great fun. The only thing I didn’t like was the dropper post, a bit short and flimsy and the remote setup. Oh, and I really don’t like the paint job, too busy.

2nd ride:
Thumbs up for battery and fun, dropper still an issue.

Saturday I did 60km more on the bike, mostly fire roads, but also about 15km of rocky trails up and down. 800m elevation change. I used 3 bars out of 5 riding aprox. 70% eco, 25% trail and 5% boost. The battery life was quite impressive and the bike has a great allround geometry, really fun, spot on.

Spending more time on the bike, I realised that the Guide brakes are a little difficult to modulate, although they are incredibly powerful. A bit of an "on" or "off" kind of thing.
Also, the dropper is now completely broken, but I think that is just a specific issue on this bike.

I maintain that it is an 8 out of 10 bike and if it were mine I would change the dropper and perhaps also the brakes to make it an almost perfect trail bike. The more I ride it, the more more impressed I am with the geometry.

Since its a loaner, unfortunately I have to take it back to my LBS today...

original thread:
Lapierre overvolt 727i first impression. - EMTB Forums

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles