2019 Kenevo (Comp) upgrades

SMJA

Oct 26, 2018
Hertfordshire, UK
Looking for a little advice, if we can restrain from destroying my bank balance all the better.

I have a 2019 Kenevo Comp

It's been great, I mean really great and it's taken me to a level I never thought I would get to so obviously it's time for some upgrades.

Brakes are RE's. They work fine, stop me fine but do fade a little on the more tricky stuff and lack the finesse of speed checking in some critical moments. Any suggestions?

Wheelset is heavy and I managed to ding one quite badly a while ago, had to replace Any suggestions?

Tyres are Buther Grid 2.6. Yes, I know... kept replacing them... seen the light.... etc etc.. thinking of Magic Mary front and back?

Gone through a chain and a cassette, 700 miles so far, that about right? If not, suggestions? (SLX 11 speed, 11-46T, KMC X11ET)

No issues with front fork and rear shock. But... hey, in for a penny. suggestions? ( Rockshox Tari RC, Fox Van RC Coil)

Any upgrades to Cranks, Chainring, Handlebars, Saddle err.... did I miss anything out? :)

Just looking for an upgrade list really. Out of curiosity to, what settings are people running on the fork and shock on this bike? I'm 85kg and ride bike parks mostly and the odd involved trail.

Thanks for any help, know this one is broad and sweeping but just wondered what people have done. If the content of this is detailed in another thread, apologies, I've clearly missed it and I will fall on my sword.

CjP

PRIME TIME
Subscriber
Jan 1, 2019
Everywhere
My two cents

Hubs are a must dt swiss or above.

Brakes maybe start with some good quality pads first

Tires I went with maxxis dhf rear and assagai front. Killer combo for me. I also have black diamond eliminators to try which my brother says worked a treat on his front end. Definitely cushcores or some other insert

Chain, cassette. Just replace, if it’s doing it’s job no need to upgrade. Ebikes wear everything out quicker.

Shorter cranks do reduce pedal strikes a lot but as someone mentioned before that is probably more due to technique. Never the less I still reduced to 150mm and love it.

Good set of pedals made all the difference to me.
I also went to a 29er front and could never go back. But that’s also where the cost shot up fast. New rims, hubs and fork etc. You could probably do this much cheaper with Levo bits but I am impatient and want things now so I went big.

Still no regrets!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles