2019 Giant Trance E MTB +1 Pro dropper seatI have a 2019 Trance E +1 Pro still under guarantee.

Labrador29

Jun 24, 2019
Marlborough New Zealand
I have a 2019 Trance E +1 Pro still under guarantee. Took it in to the LBS with what I consider excess play in the seat post. LBS bike shop owner agreed and said the bushes were worn and can't get the parts in NZ. To replace would be in excess of NZD$300 (USD$200). I'm no expert but would have thought it is not fair wear and tear and should be covered under warranty. Have done around 5000 km in 16 months. Would appreciate advice. Cheers

Report Edit Delete Bookmark

Miscel76

Oct 31, 2020
Melbourne
No much you can do it with warranty, it is a parts that wears out and depending on your weight and the kind of riding style 5000k's or 18 months can get it to the end of life....

DrStupid

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Jul 10, 2019
Pleasureville Ky
This is the second one since april 2019. Still working perfectly, though looks a little worse for wear. The first one wore out too, so this ones been greased and cared less horribly for.

I'm not complaining. I love the action of the gaint dropper and the lever too. I use it constantly and love mud riding most of all.

20201122_163319.jpg

Last edited:

GrandPaBrogan

⚡ eGeezer ⚡
Oct 5, 2019
New Zealand
This is the second one since april 2019. Still working perfectly, though looks a little worse for wear. The first one wore out too, so this ones been greased and cared less horribly for.

I'm not complaining. I love the action of the gaint dropper and the lever too. I use it constantly and love mud riding most of all.

View attachment 45251
That looks like abrasion damage caused by repeated use with mud. Most rear fenders won’t be able to stop mud from landing on the dropper post. If you ride through mud a lot, you might be able to find an aftermarket rubber boot to protect it? Or maybe cut a strap of stretchable neoprene fabric (like wetsuit material) and fix it behind the dropper post to act like a shield?

7869hodgy

Jul 15, 2020
Reading
That looks like abrasion damage caused by repeated use with mud. Most rear fenders won’t be able to stop mud from landing on the dropper post. If you ride through mud a lot, you might be able to find an aftermarket rubber boot to protect it? Or maybe cut a strap of stretchable neoprene fabric (like wetsuit material) and fix it behind the dropper post to act like a shield?

Road Bike tyre? I am just about to do that....

GrandPaBrogan

⚡ eGeezer ⚡
Oct 5, 2019
New Zealand
Road Bike tyre? I am just about to do that....
That’ll work!

Thing about rubber tubes or even proper rubber bellows boots is that they could trap crud or moisture unseen. The one I remember seeing was just a wide strap (roughly 60mm) each upper corner is zip tied to the saddle rails, and the bottom to the suspension rocker link. Easy to clean and dry the dropper. A bit of stretch might help but the one I saw just folded wave-like into itself when the post was lowered.

Raising the saddle would be like raising the main sail and you’d get a ‘push assist’ from a tail wind! :)
Head wind doesn’t matter... right? ? :unsure:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles