2019 Giant Trance E+2

CaptSlow

Dec 10, 2018
Houston, TX
Hi Friends,
Just ordered the bike and excitedly waiting to take delivery this coming Friday!

It was a toss up between a Specialized Turbo Levo Base and a Giant Trance E+2.

Rode a 2018 Turbo Levo Comp and a 2018 Giant Full E, realized the 2019s I'm looking at were totally different so decided to look more on paper and which one came with better options and specs for under $5k. Giant won easily. Better components, dropper seat, and a 6amp charger, also a huge Yamaha fan so easy win there.

Hoping it's the right choice.

For those of you with the Trance - any must do accessories or options I should look into? Bike computer? Phone apps? Aftermarket stuff to prolong the bike's life or enhance the riding experience? Fire away! All ears :).

RobNevyn

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Nov 19, 2018
Central Coast NSW Australia
Welcome to the forums Capt Slow. I'm the same situation as you as I pick up my E+1 on Thursday.
From what I read it appears that one of the first things to upgrade is the seat. I believe the phone app has recently been updated too.
In my opinion the E+2 is the best looking Trance in the range. Fun times ahead.

Lee67

Nov 21, 2018
Yorkshire
Download the Giant ride control app.. you can alter the tune as you wish.... the seat is hard but i manage 3 hours ok.. welcome to Giant group and enjoy!!!

ULEWZ

Nov 27, 2018
Northridge, Ca
Wtb volt seat, industry one pedals, and that is all I needed. I use wahoo app and link it to starva app. Phone mount clamps to handle bars.

Shane

Sep 16, 2018
Adelaide
They're pretty good factory. Lots of people don't like the seat but it's no worse than what was on my Cube prior he Giant so I haven't bothered swapping yet.

You'll probably want to get a side access bottle cage though.

CaptSlow

Dec 10, 2018
Houston, TX
Thank You for the warm upgrades fellas!

Took delivery on Friday and left on Saturday on an epic road trip covering TX, NM, AZ and now in CA. Rode the bike in El Paso, TX (Rocky terrain) and in California (dirt packed) and so far love it!

Mikey1984

Oct 27, 2018
North east uk
Hi Friends,
Just ordered the bike and excitedly waiting to take delivery this coming Friday!

It was a toss up between a Specialized Turbo Levo Base and a Giant Trance E+2.

Rode a 2018 Turbo Levo Comp and a 2018 Giant Full E, realized the 2019s I'm looking at were totally different so decided to look more on paper and which one came with better options and specs for under $5k. Giant won easily. Better components, dropper seat, and a 6amp charger, also a huge Yamaha fan so easy win there.

Hoping it's the right choice.

For those of you with the Trance - any must do accessories or options I should look into? Bike computer? Phone apps? Aftermarket stuff to prolong the bike's life or enhance the riding experience? Fire away! All ears :).
You made the right choice mate enjoy :)

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles