IMG_20190504_124955.jpg

IMG_20190504_124404.jpg

IMG_20190504_124953.jpg

IMG_20190504_133126.jpg

Bike / Product Year: 2019
Manufacturer: Focus
Model: Jam2 6.8 Plus
Asking Price: £3250

Description: I am selling this superb Jam2 it is only 3 months old and is as close to new as you will find, it has only done 308 miles and has never been down any big drops etc, I have never crashed it or fallen off it and the bike is totally immaculate.

It is a size medium

It has a Schwalbe magic mary on the front and a current eddy on the rear they are set up tubeless as well, it performs and handles superbly, this comes with the TEC pack range extender which doubles the battery power to 754wh which is great for long rides, the TEC pack has only been used twice.

The bike is in the lovely petrol blue colour which looks stunning in the metal.

It has Nukeproof pedals on it and I am happy to leave them on if wanted as the bike doesn't come with pedals as standard.

I really love this bike but truthfully my heart has always been set on a Levo and after getting a better than expected bonus I couldn't resist and I bought one, so now I have too many bikes in the garage.

The Jam2 is a great bike at a great price.

The bike is located in York North Yorkshire.

Thanks

Last edited:

S D

Mar 26, 2019
Shelley
I would be interested to how you compare both bikes if you’ve had time to ride the levo yet?
, I have the carbon Jam2 which I like very much, I’m needing another bike for the Alps and was considering getting another , but now I’m thinking removing a Levo battery and taking upstairs into the apartment would be much easier than dragging the Jam up to charge it.
(no Sockets in garage)

Andy A

Patreon
Jan 13, 2019
North Yorkshire
I am going out on the Levo tomorrow morning hopefully on a 34 mile ride so I will let you know, but when I had a quick blast on Linda's Levo it felt fantastic so I will report back tomorrow.

Mad Mark

E*POWAH Elite
Patreon
Nov 2, 2018
Burton on Trent
Andy - andy - andy
Why............. have you got artificial grass......
You thought I was going to say something else then didn't you ?

Andy A

Patreon
Jan 13, 2019
North Yorkshire
Andy - andy - andy
Why............. have you got artificial grass......
You thought I was going to say something else then didn't you ?

Haha that really made me laugh and I will explain :) we back onto open fields and have been plagued by moles who ruined the small lawn and it always looked crap and we love animals so we can't kill them so we got a very good quality artificial lawn which is really nice, but I can't believe you spotted it :)

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
............................ but now I’m thinking removing a Levo battery and taking upstairs into the apartment would be much easier than dragging the Jam up to charge it.
(no Sockets in garage)

Have you never heard of extension leads? :unsure:
They are really very cheap and come in useful for all sorts of things. :)
Just Google "Extension leads 13 amp" You should easily get a long lead for less than £20. :love:

billwarwick

E*POWAH Elite
Oct 1, 2018
warwick
Well spotted Mark. Now got visions of moles thinking they about to reach fresh air only to find that they are trapped under a carpet.
On a serious note Andy, if it’s medium, how tall are you and was it the right fit?

Andy A

Patreon
Jan 13, 2019
North Yorkshire
Well spotted Mark. Now got visions of moles thinking they about to reach fresh air only to find that they are trapped under a carpet.
On a serious note Andy, if it’s medium, how tall are you and was it the right fit?

Don't tempt fate as I haven't seen any signs yet!!!! as for height I don't really know but I must be 5' 9" ish and the size is just perfect the bike feels superb for my size

S D

Mar 26, 2019
Shelley
Have you never heard of extension leads? :unsure:
They are really very cheap and come in useful for all sorts of things. :)
Just Google "Extension leads 13 amp" You should easily get a long lead for less than £20. :love:
Hey Steve that’s funny, I’ve got lots of extensions, ? unfortunately it’s not the distance that would be the problem , running one out of my apartment down the corridor then down two sets of stairs , outside around the block and into the garage might be a pain though.:rolleyes:

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
@Andy A Good luck with the sale Andy.
I find it heart breaking selling a good bike for way below what I think it is worth. I sold my YT Capra late last year to help pay for my Focus and I've just sold my Whyte T130 as I was not riding it at all. Heartbreaking. :(

If it wasn't for the fact that they continue to reduce in value even though I don't put any miles on, I would have kept them. But it's a battle between heart and head. My heart makes me hang on to them longer than I should but my head eventually takes over and the bike gets sold for whatever I can get for it. :eek:

I'm assuming that you are advertising it more widely than just on here?

Andy A

Patreon
Jan 13, 2019
North Yorkshire
@Andy A Good luck with the sale Andy.
I find it heart breaking selling a good bike for way below what I think it is worth. I sold my YT Capra late last year to help pay for my Focus and I've just sold my Whyte T130 as I was not riding it at all. Heartbreaking. :(

If it wasn't for the fact that they continue to reduce in value even though I don't put any miles on, I would have kept them. But it's a battle between heart and head. My heart makes me hang on to them longer than I should but my head eventually takes over and the bike gets sold for whatever I can get for it. :eek:

I'm assuming that you are advertising it more widely than just on here?

Hi Steve I know what you mean and this bike for £3000 is an absolute steal especially with the tec pack, and as yet I haven't advertised it elsewhere do you have any tips on where else to advertise it?

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Hi Steve I know what you mean and this bike for £3000 is an absolute steal especially with the tec pack, and as yet I haven't advertised it elsewhere do you have any tips on where else to advertise it?

Word of mouth is my first resort, my favourite Forum would be my second (if allowed). I once used Singletrack Classified and had to fight people off, but that was only because I had well under priced the bike! Most criticism of SC is that it is unsearchable (it might be now, I haven't looked for ages). Once the bike disappears off the front page, then it's pretty much out of view. It's free but I haven't used it for years. I certainly wouldn't buy anything off it unseen.
That leaves eBay. I have mixed feelings about eBay. The downside is that eBay takes 10% off you and then PayPal takes another 3.4% off that. That's a lot of money off your already price reduced bike. And then there's all the scammers out there! I sold a YT Capra via eBay last Nov, taking advantage of an offer that I could sell for £1. I also did a cash on collection deal. This means that nobody buys a used bike unseen (I wouldn't!). It also means no PayPal charges. You have to protect yourself of course from the cheats and scammers. Two were easy to spot, but the third nearly had me and he wasn't even after the bike! But after just over 30 days I got the price I wanted and in cash. I have just sold my Whyte T130 C RS within less than a week, for the price I wanted. But the guy absolutely refused to use the cash method and insisted on PayPal. Apparently he had been scammed out of £5k on a cash purchase. He didn't tell me this until after he had paid via PayPal, so that cost me 3.4% that I wasn't expecting and hadn't taken into account during the negotiations.
What eBay is good for is allowing you to distinguish your bike from all the other similar bikes out there. You do this by the quality of your pictures, the story you tell and the honesty with which you do it. eBay also allows you to determine what a good selling price is, and that is where the heartbreak starts. It is always lower than you think! But head over heart and you can sell quickly and get the cash back to work instead of sitting in the garage, reducing in value.

Others will no doubt have their favourite ways of selling and I look forward to seeing what they are.
But be very wary, there are some unscrupulous people out there. :mad:
Never agree to post a bike to someone you don't know, not even with a signed for method. If I absolutely had to do so, it would be fully insured and they would pay.

Andy A

Patreon
Jan 13, 2019
North Yorkshire
Thanks Steve I hate ebay and would certainly never sell my bike on there I will just keep it on here for now as I am confident it well sell at this price.

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Thanks Steve I hate ebay and would certainly never sell my bike on there I will just keep it on here for now as I am confident it well sell at this price.

I don't like eBay either , but I still use them. In an ideal world yes, keeping it on here might work, but how big is the number of people on here that are looking for a used Focus? How many of the membership actually live in the UK? None of them might be looking! If there are insufficient potential buyers on this Forum, you may never sell it until it gets to a no-brainer price.

To check whether your price is realistic, pretend you are a buyer and see what you can find. google it, use eBay.

Leave no stone unturned to sell. Create some small flyers and post them in local shops (often they are free) and put some adverts in local newspapers. I sold one bike that way, but it was for £350, not £3000! Ask at your nearest trail centre bike shop if you can post your advert. Or will they sell your bike for a fee (use anything less than 13.4% as your starting point). The Sherwood Pines bike shop does this, but I suspect it may only be for the regulars, or maybe only for bikes that were bought there, otherwise they would be flooded out! But it doesn't hurt to ask.
What about the place you bought the bike from, ring them up - better still go talk to them face to face and take the pics or even better, the bike.

Here's another one to consider, how about Gumtree? I have never used it but many do. One of my daughters who lives in Melton Mowbray uses Gumtree a lot. She only sells locally so there is no postage, no surprises, nobody pays unless they like the look of it. It might be an option, check it out and check for snags. It might be the wrong Forum though, so search first. But don't dismiss it, someone might be jogged by your advert and think "why not?"

But don't hang about, get on with it! Time is not on your side! You have already reduced the price by £250, will it be another £250 in another two weeks, £500 by the end of the month?

Andy A

Patreon
Jan 13, 2019
North Yorkshire
Thanks Steve but it won't be dropping any lower but I was going to contact the dealer I bought it from see if they can help

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Thanks Steve but it won't be dropping any lower but I was going to contact the dealer I bought it from see if they can help
Don't expect them to buy the bike from you. They might sell it for a fee. I'd give them 4 weeks and if they haven't sold it they probably won't unless the price reduces even further. I said it was heartbreaking! :(:cry:

Andy A

Patreon
Jan 13, 2019
North Yorkshire
Don't expect them to buy the bike from you. They might sell it for a fee. I'd give them 4 weeks and if they haven't sold it they probably won't unless the price reduces even further. I said it was heartbreaking! :(:cry:

I don't expect them to buy the bike from me :) they might put it in their shop for me and take a cut.

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Congrats to @Andy A :)

I sold my Whyte T130C RS after less than a week. I got the money I was asking for, but that was helped by an offer from eBay for £1 selling fees. So I reduced the price to help it shift. :)

I'm handing over the bike at a trail centre mid way between where we live. And then I am actually riding with the buyer afterwards!! OMG, that wasn't the plan! I sure hope it goes well! :eek:

It should do, nothing wrong with the bike, but if something is going to fail, I can't help feeling it will be then! :eek:

Andy A

Patreon
Jan 13, 2019
North Yorkshire
Congrats to @Andy A :)

I sold my Whyte T130C RS after less than a week. I got the money I was asking for, but that was helped by an offer from eBay for £1 selling fees. So I reduced the price to help it shift. :)

I'm handing over the bike at a trail centre mid way between where we live. And then I am actually riding with the buyer afterwards!! OMG, that wasn't the plan! I sure hope it goes well! :eek:

It should do, nothing wrong with the bike, but if something is going to fail, I can't help feeling it will be then! :eek:

Thanks Steve I can just enjoy my new Levo now and that is funny you riding with your old bike, i had a Whyte T130 recently and that was a great bike it won't go wrong :)

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles