2019 Flyon Closer Look

boneht

Sep 22, 2019
oxon
I don’t get the trail destruction issue - you can ride uphill faster on an EMTB, but on the straights and down it’s the same as any other bike

Just the extra mileage folk will do will wear the trails more, not to mention newbies lured by emtbs

arawa

Jun 17, 2019
Highlands
So we are practically in October.. Is there any update on the release date for Flyon bikes yet?!
Called into my dealer yesterday to ask and they say they have had no fresh information on delivery dates since being told “October” months ago when the March date was not met.

Polaris

Oct 15, 2018
Lancashire, England
admittedly I was very interested in one, but delays of this magnitude can only be for a small number of reasons, all of which I'm not sure I'd like to have to deal with. It may have to be the Flyon v2.0 for me.

MattyB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 11, 2018
Herts, UK
People have been criticising Specialized for the embargo on the new Kenevo, but the car crash launch of the Flyon shows why releasing info early in the product lifecycle is far riskier - experience a major issue and you are left with egg all over your face. I am sure there are a lot of worried people at Haibike wondering if it is possible to recover from these issues and turn a profit after all the development cash that must have been spent.

Last edited:

arawa

Jun 17, 2019
Highlands
admittedly I was very interested in one, but delays of this magnitude can only be for a small number of reasons, all of which I'm not sure I'd like to have to deal with. It may have to be the Flyon v2.0 for me.
My thoughts too and so I have asked for my delivery date to be slipped from the first batch to the second.

MattyB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 11, 2018
Herts, UK
I suspect this is the current location of batch 1...

11245770-3x2-700x467.jpg

DenyeR

Apr 11, 2019
Santiago, Chile
I work in a shop, and they haven’t given any info. their b2b shows that the next badge of bikes will be delivered to bike shops March 1st, 2020.
I abandoned all hopes on getting one this year.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
I am sure there are a lot of worried people at Haibike wondering if it is possible to recover from these issues and turn a profit after all the development cash that must have been spent.

Might not be the case. They could have just said "For FFS Ralph, I told you to get the stress analysis guy to test the frame, not work on your new cantilevered porch. Just fix it."

So for 6 months poor Ralph has just been sitting there on his own trying to work out how to stop his new carbon frame from fracturing. It's most likely that that Ralph will leave to start his new company - producing low temperature reactive resin carbon duct tape before sorting the problem.

arawa

Jun 17, 2019
Highlands
I emailed Haibike to ask what was going on and received a VERY bland response saying that dealers had all the information and should communicate it to customers. I replied saying that I did not think my dealer knew what was happening but there has been no reply to that comment.
Given the rave publicity the magazines etc gave to the Flyon announcement I would have thought there might be some follow-up reports published but perhaps they prefer not bite the hand that feeds them????

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
I have absolutely no idea why I put my headphones on so I could hear the sound .. :)

I kept listening out for "Scheisse" ... but nothing .. He's just not got that @Rob Hancill touch.

I got excited at 50 seconds when I thought he said "Fooks", but he actually said "Fox" :oops:

Cool vid, gives it a pretty good ride and you can understand bits because some German sounds like English.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles