2019 Dropper Post

m1bjr

Oct 22, 2018
Plymouth, UK
The X-Fusion Manic post is fitted to the 2019 Turbo Levo Comp FSR.
Anyone know where the outer of the bowden cable is clamped to the frame?
It appears to be pinned under the rear shock with a cable clamp, and then enters a large plastic gland just a few CM further along.
The outer is pretty hard to pull back into the frame to lift the seatpost out even with these undone.

Am I missing another clamp or pinch point? Or has it been botched in and got hung up somewhere?
Steve

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Are you replacing the dropper? Is so, and the new one is cable actuated, I would just pull the inner cable out of the outer and reuse the outer. The stock dropper is a decent piece of kit though

m1bjr

Oct 22, 2018
Plymouth, UK
To clarify, I'm just trying to raise the seat height but running out of slack in the dropper cable.
It's so tight I cannot pull it through at the seat tube end, so cannot get the dropper out either.
Plenty of slack at the headstock, and have undone the clamps by the shock pivots and tried pushing it in at the bar end after dismounting the lever.
I'm thinking the idiots in the shop have built it badly and the outer is hung up or crossed under a brake cable or something somewhere...

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Ahh that makes more sense - personally I would take it back to the bike shop and get them to sort

paquo

Jul 31, 2018
usa
Mmmm... did that, but Certini were incapable of such a simple task. Another rant for another day :)

have you looked at the manual? I did and realized it seems like a total clusterf@ck but maybe it makes sense to you

dfkenevo

Aug 13, 2018
Truckee, Ca
The cable house makes a loop inside the frame so in orders to pull it up you have to do it pushing the slack in a little bit at Then you pull up the seat post just a bit then push again, pull again. What happens if you just pull the post up the loop inside gets tied up! I know it sounds complicated but I had to do it on my wife’s ‘19 Levo Small.

dfkenevo

Aug 13, 2018
Truckee, Ca
I did attache the manual pic so you can see C is the dropper housing.
I hope this will make more sense than my not so clear explanation.
C1F1E21C-B7AB-411D-93E9-D348227DFAF2.jpeg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles