2019 Commencal Meta Power on order :D

Mudgey

Feb 20, 2019
Exeter
Dead excited, this is my first eMTB and really looking forward to getting out on one! I've never ridden an eMTB before but I've read enough user experiences to know eMTB is the way forward, that and the guys smashing past me on the hills are getting twice as many runs in.

I am hoping it will be here before the end of the month and i'll get some pictures up as soon as its been delivered :)

I'm in Exeter BTW and would be keen to meet up with some other local eMTB'ers once it's in!

Mudgey

Feb 20, 2019
Exeter
NEW BIKE DAY!!! Yes, it is here! Thought i’d quickly stick up some pics whilst I have 5 mins at work :)

15948D87-8FBB-4C8B-9C6E-3334ACEBC3E7.jpeg

EFC570A5-2EF5-48FB-8A74-B17A08D9EE24.jpeg

C62ED78C-D8A4-4398-BD5D-F5A3F691BAF6.jpeg

Mudgey

Feb 20, 2019
Exeter
Cheers! Looking forward to getting out on it this weekend for some testing on some local trails, only done the car park test at present but it rides as quick as my road bike up to the limiter which just feels nuts! The fork needs a good bit of setup, loads of adjustment available, and am impressed with how little stiction there is in the bushes!

I've not been this excited since I first got my first full suspension bike 15 years ago!

Mudgey

Feb 20, 2019
Exeter
That’s a cracking bike! Roll on Sunday for my first proper ride :)
Have any more pictures of yours?
How do you find the saddle? I opted for a slightly smaller frame and find that I slide back off the saddle a little, it seems to be quite flat. I took the one off my old back that has a slight kicker at the back which has helped.

simda

Sep 5, 2018
Switzerland
I’am on size xl/ 29er wich fits perfectly for me (190cm) and my riding style. Saddle is ok for me - I will replace the handlebar soon. Like to have some more rise and backsweep. Maybe 30mm rise. The fork (shaft) came cut a bit short for xl. Not much place for spacers. It’s not that i like to have a “tower of spacers” - but one more (5mm) would be nice. Maybe I will contact Commencal on this with a feedback for futur deliverys. Have an eye on the Clash for Bikepark adventures ;-)

Had to adopt my riding style but it didn’t take long to get that extra weight around corners like I do with my Speci Enduro 29er who has nearly the same geometrical number on paper. For an active and playful riding style it gets more physical to berm this machine. Turns out that this bike is a very good climber. The front wheels stays on ground even on the steepest climbs. The Meta also likes the downhill sections with a good amount of speed.

I was suprised of the value that you get for the money. As a Speci “ Fanboy” this is a good surprise to go with the parts and don’t feel the need to replace anything (except the handlebar) This experience will surly have an influence on my future purchases.

0F00F01C-9D6B-4B40-9742-EBFA7DCC370B.jpeg

Trail Doug

Nov 22, 2018
Wrexham
I went with a 170 air shaft and 20mm rise bars and still like it after hundreds of miles.
I went the other way on my 9'er. DMR Defy Stem for 15mm extra rise on top of the top of the short cut steerer and a 38mm rise bar on the original 150mm fork. I'd prefer 160mm coil forks but that's a whole different ball game price wise.

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles