Levo Gen 2 2019 / 2020 Specialized Turbo Levo info and FAQ

BSA73

May 22, 2020
Australia
Hi there,
I have a 2019 Turbolevo carbon expert, full stock except tyres. Want to change the dropper remote lever and i considering the Wolftooth Remote but is it compatible with the Specialized post?

Thanks
Biclas
Wolftooth remote lever works fine, comes in two sizes, I’ve had no problems with mine.

Benson

Sep 19, 2018
Hampshire UK
Broken a spoke on my 2019 Levo Comp Carbon with the original Roval Traverse 29er wheels. Original spec sheet says the spoke is a “DT SWISS Industry” but I’ve searched online and can’t find any mention of these. Anyone know an equivalent spoke and nipple that will drop in?

KennyB

E*POWAH Master
Aug 25, 2019
Taunton
No, but on my 2020 Comp they spokes are 2mm plain (ie same thickness all the way) and I reckon yours are the same. Suggest you measure the thickness (at each end and in the middle just to check they aren't double butted) to make sure. By the way, if you need a guide to truing, check this out. Wheelbuilding

KennyB

E*POWAH Master
Aug 25, 2019
Taunton
Just checked DT's web sight and these look like the ones:
Tweeks sell them singly, just need the length, inside of the J bend to the tip of the threaded part. When you buy a box of spokes you also get a box of nipples so hopefully Tweeks will supply one - might be worth a call.

Last edited:

Benson

Sep 19, 2018
Hampshire UK
Just checked DT's web sight and these look like the ones:
Tweeks sell them singly, just need the length, inside of the J bend to the tip of the threaded part. When you buy a box of spokes you also get a box of nipples so hopefully Tweeks will supply one - might be worth a call.

Thats really helpful, thank you for the reply!

Benson

Sep 19, 2018
Hampshire UK
EDIT - For the benefit of others, and thanks to @KennyB 's help, my spoke measurement is 283mm for the rear wheel on a 2019 Comp Carbon.

Last edited:

syngen smythe

Jun 17, 2020
seattle
Hoping somebody can weigh in and tell me whats up on my bike. 2020 Expert Carbon medium.
Now the specialized shop tells me its normal, so I am just 'trusting and verifying'. It looks like.. and I do not know; that is why I am asking... but it looks like it is not laminated correctly. I have a lot of experience with epoxy and polyester resins with fiberglass cloth, and zero experience with carbon fiber. If this was the fiberglass that I do have experience with, I would not be happy with the way it looks. From a cosmetic standpoint I guess it doesn't matter, although for $8275 I'd like to look at something a bit prettier. But from a structural standpoint if this was fiberglass that I produced and it looked like this I would have trouble selling it to a customer. It looks like it was not laminated correctly; this is how voids and/or air bubbles look in fiberglass- which is structurally a huge issue. I don't know enough about this construction process or these bikes, so maybe someone that does can help me out. Pictures below. In the sun it looks a lot worse than these pics. If it is just cosmetic then oh well. But I don't want a bike that might start peeling apart down the road a year or three or even ten. Thanks.
IMG_20200704_212813.jpg

IMG_20200704_212818.jpg
IMG_20200704_220815.jpg
IMG_20200704_220808.jpg

Last edited:

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
Hoping somebody can weigh in and tell me whats up on my bike. 2020 Expert Carbon medium.
Now the specialized shop tells me its normal, so I am just 'trusting and verifying'. It looks like.. and I do not know; that is why I am asking... but it looks like it is not laminated correctly. I have a lot of experience with epoxy and polyester resins with fiberglass cloth, and zero experience with carbon fiber. If this was the fiberglass that I do have experience with, I would not be happy with the way it looks. From a cosmetic standpoint I guess it doesn't matter, although for $8275 I'd like to look at something a bit prettier. But from a structural standpoint if this was fiberglass that I produced and it looked like this I would have trouble selling it to a customer. It looks like it was not laminated correctly; this is how voids and/or air bubbles look in fiberglass- which is structurally a huge issue. I don't know enough about this construction process or these bikes, so maybe someone that does can help me out. Pictures below. In the sun it looks a lot worse than these pics. If it is just cosmetic then oh well. But I don't want a bike that might start peeling apart down the road a year or three or even ten. Thanks.
View attachment 34992

View attachment 34995 View attachment 34999 View attachment 35000
I have 19 expert mine has a few bits like you show in the pic nothing as bad as yours though, it looks rough. Sun does affect how it looks as well.

NULevo

Nov 7, 2019
Nottingham
I think the colour affects you see the film under the gloss, my dark blue blue carbon looks like yours in places, it depends on how it catches the light and how bright it is. I'll try and get some pictures of mine.

I wouldn't worry as I think thats a film on the carbon. The carbon weave proper is different and can be seen when you look in the down tube when you take the battery or TCU out.

Last edited:

NULevo

Nov 7, 2019
Nottingham
Managed to get a pic of the carbon itself, this is inside the down tube, and nothing like what you see on the outside:-
image.jpeg

miPbiP

E*POWAH Master
Jul 8, 2019
Surrey Hills.
I get weave showing through the gloss finish on my dark blue '19 carbon comp - just like that, tho less of an area.

AFAIK it's just how the finish it.

NULevo

Nov 7, 2019
Nottingham
I see it too, but only just, it looks like a foil or tint on some sort over the carbon before the clear lacquer is applied.

The shimmer changes with the light, I love it

IMG_6603.JPG
IMG_6604.JPG
IMG_6605.JPG

Max chainring Size: 36t, but requires the chainguide to be removed. 34t will fit fine.

I fitted a 36T and found a way of turning the chain guide around 180 degrees. The way I've got it at the moment it does rub the chain in some gears but I'm not bothered so long as the chain stays on. I'll try putting an extra washer in between the two side guides to space them out a bit.

towzer

Aug 31, 2018
Oxfordshire
Hi,

After info for a 20 levo, I want to know all the frame/susp bearing sizes, bolt torques, if there is an instruction book/video on how to do them (carbon frame) and if there are any tools that would make doing them easier. Thanks

couplands

Jul 16, 2019
Peak District and Cornwall, UK

salko

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Aug 29, 2019
SLO
No, I received all this with 2020 Levo. But I've heard not everyone got the black S case. If you didn't get it, it is not as fancy as it looks like on the video ...

seacapn

Aug 20, 2020
california
Broken a spoke on my 2019 Levo Comp Carbon with the original Roval Traverse 29er wheels. Original spec sheet says the spoke is a “DT SWISS Industry” but I’ve searched online and can’t find any mention of these. Anyone know an equivalent spoke and nipple that will drop in?
I just broke a spoke on my rear wheel and do I need a specific nipple wrench ? does the whole wheel need to be re trued after loosing one spoke? I would assume you would just snug down all of them and make sure none others are loose ? cheers, ben

I just broke a spoke on my rear wheel and do I need a specific nipple wrench ? does the whole wheel need to be re trued after loosing one spoke? I would assume you would just snug down all of them and make sure none others are loose ? cheers, ben
No, the whole wheel doesn't need re truing. One spoke won't put the wheel too much out of true as the spokes surrounding it will take up the job. Spin the wheel and you can see how much. The best way to to replace is to tighten the new spoke until it rings the same tone as all the others.

rwhitfie

Sep 14, 2020
Gloucester
Can anyone tell me what the spoke lengths are on both front and rear wheels on a 2019 Turbo Levo Expert ... believe the rears are 282mm and 284mm DT Swiss Revolution but what are the front?

EE8DB5C9-FDE2-43BE-88FD-BC7C32E0D1CA.jpeg

rwhitfie

Sep 14, 2020
Gloucester
No, the whole wheel doesn't need re truing. One spoke won't put the wheel too much out of true as the spokes surrounding it will take up the job. Spin the wheel and you can see how much. The best way to to replace is to tighten the new spoke until it rings the same tone as all the others.
I had two go on one side and the wheel is like riding on a banana, so it doesn’t take much to put the rim out of shape ☹️

Josepma

Oct 13, 2020
Barcelona
[QUOTE = "willeco, publicación: 202889, miembro: 11267"]
Nosotros no
Aproximadamente en el minuto 1. Una caja para el cargador y la documentación ... ¿o es nueva para 2021?

[MEDIA = youtube] wE7Q3c4jK38 [/ MEDIA]
[/CITAR]

First the current electricity cable is disconnected and then the bicycle cable.

willeco

Jul 28, 2020
Halle
[QUOTE = "willeco, publicación: 202889, miembro: 11267"]
Nosotros no
Aproximadamente en el minuto 1. Una caja para el cargador y la documentación ... ¿o es nueva para 2021?

[MEDIA = youtube] wE7Q3c4jK38 [/ MEDIA]
[/CITAR]

First the current electricity cable is disconnected and then the bicycle cable.
I'm afraid I don't understand what you want to say. That quote was about a owners manual and a box it came in...

Josepma

Oct 13, 2020
Barcelona
I'm afraid I don't understand what you want to say. That quote was about a owners manual and a box it came in...
sorry my bad english. The correct order to disconnect the ebike from the electrical current should always be first from the electricity source and after running out of power, you must disconnect the cable from the ebike without any risk to the battery. This should be the case for all electrical appliances. The man in the video does it wrong.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles