Levo Gen 2 2019 / 2020 Specialized Turbo Levo info and FAQ

Kave

Dec 9, 2018
Sweden
I had my bike at my local dealer last friday. I asked them to update the bike to the latest software. I had very random watt numbers before but that seems fixed. Now BLevo reports TCU 3.019 (22.B)
Is this a recent firmware? It seems the rider watt is more close to what I am actually pumping out.

babarnicle

Nov 9, 2019
Usa
Recommendations for winter storage.

What is the best way to store my 2019 Levo through the cold winter months? In terms of battery, etc? Should I drain the battery and store it empty or charge it and store it fully charged? Or partially charged? Not sure what is best for the life of the battery when it is not being used.
The bike stays in a heated garage all winter.

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
If it is reasonably warm and dry leave the battery in and ideally with about 30% charge. Check occasionally to charge if necessary to maintain that charge level.

babarnicle

Nov 9, 2019
Usa
Latest firmware version number.
Sorry if this has already been posted, but does anyone know what the latest firmware version is for the motor, display, and battery? I’m on a 2019 Levo expert. Thanks

babarnicle

Nov 9, 2019
Usa
Mine is a Kenovo 2020, but same motor and 700Wh battery
Motor: 6.1.0
Display: 25.B.0
Battery: 2.4.4

Thanks.
Looks like all my firmware versions are the same except my battery firmware reads 2.3.1
My LBS said that it was up to date. Is that right?
I’m on a 2019 Levo Expert.

Mikerb

May 16, 2019
Weymouth
Why worry...if the bike works leave it alone! I know there have been 2 or 3 firmware updates beyond those on my bike....1 of which merely resulted people getting a rash of error reports on MC. Until and unless I am advised of any particular benefit to me for updating my firmware I am not handing my bike over to LBS! The bike works fine as it is.

Benson

Sep 19, 2018
Hampshire UK
Looking for volume spacer advice for the shock on my 2019 Levo Comp Carbon. It has a FOX DPS Performance, 210x52.5 (DKNW). I've found the support page from Fox at 2002-2020 Air Volume Reduction (FLOAT, FLOAT X, FLOAT DPX2 and DHX Air Rear Shocks) | Bike Help Center | FOX but I am confused at the LV/SV reference under the entry for 210-52.5.

Has anyone successfully added spacers to this shock and if so which ones?

EDIT: Answer found on this very forum, appears to be LV as per this thread Can someone help me out with rear shock question.... - EMTB Forums

Last edited:

GZA

May 21, 2019
Herts
FWIW you can swap out the Roval Hub in the 2019 OEM Traverse wheels with a Hope Pro 4 148mm hub using the original spokes. Rim ERD ~598mm

biclas

Aug 9, 2019
Caneças, Portugal
Hi there,
I have a 2019 Turbolevo carbon expert, full stock except tyres. Want to change the dropper remote lever and i considering the Wolftooth Remote but is it compatible with the Specialized post?

Thanks
Biclas

Apr 12, 2020
Arizona, USA
Recommendations for winter storage.

What is the best way to store my 2019 Levo through the cold winter months? In terms of battery, etc? Should I drain the battery and store it empty or charge it and store it fully charged? Or partially charged? Not sure what is best for the life of the battery when it is not being used.
The bike stays in a heated garage all winter.
Lithium batteries have the longest life when sitting at 50% SOC (state of charge). Often it's recommended to store them at about 60% as they'll naturally loose soc with time and you'll stay in the sweet zone.

I was sad to hear the charger is so basic. Would have been nice to have a storage mode option when charging. But then again, I’m spoiled when it comes to chargers and having lots of options:

3ADABF34-43A5-4658-8FB7-A3D8BBEEAF5D.jpeg

F40A8F77-08C6-464E-A941-C23FEB4E816C.jpeg

Last edited:

KennyB

E*POWAH Master
Aug 25, 2019
Taunton
Hi there,
I have a 2019 Turbolevo carbon expert, full stock except tyres. Want to change the dropper remote lever and i considering the Wolftooth Remote but is it compatible with the Specialized post?

Thanks
Biclas
Wolftooth remote is really nice and very versatile. It takes the bare end of the cable. That means you can use the nipple at the post, or the soldered end. Should therefore no fine with any cable operated dropper.

biclas

Aug 9, 2019
Caneças, Portugal
Hello all,
I need your help. I have a 2019 turbo levo expert carbon with the roval transverse wheels which have the in the front hub the torque cap that doesn't fit in my new Fox 36.
Does anyone knows if there is a conversion kit or a set of new parts for the fox standard measure and where to buy it in europe?
Thanks

Biclas

ThomasJL

Jul 29, 2019
Tromsø
What is the maximum dropper post Lenght on medium Levo? Will the 480/170mm Reverb AXS fit? It´s available for 120 euro less than 150mm (629 euro).

Any reason why both the S WORKS and SL Founders Edition USE 30.9mm and not 34.8mm?

Mikerb

May 16, 2019
Weymouth
What is the maximum dropper post Lenght on medium Levo? Will the 480/170mm Reverb AXS fit? It´s available for 120 euro less than 150mm (629 euro).

Any reason why both the S WORKS and SL Founders Edition USE 30.9mm and not 34.8mm?
Both are ridiculous prices for a dropper post anyway! There are dropper posts at less than half that price that work just as well and often more reliably over time.

KennyB

E*POWAH Master
Aug 25, 2019
Taunton
No solution, but remember that if you make it hard for water (and watery dirt) to get in it's hard for it to get out. I like to brush the dirt off the down tube before I clean it, at least some of it isn't washed down behind the guard. Specified torque for the mounting bolt is 2Nm, anything more is likely to crack the (£55) guard, not a lot and I thought I heard a slight crack at that so I don't go above 1.5Nm.

KennyB

E*POWAH Master
Aug 25, 2019
Taunton
Another thing, when you take the bolt out be careful about the little washer, it has a habit of sliding down the shaft and coming out with the thread, easily lost.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles