2019-2020 Levo (2020 Kenevo) Speed Unlock Levociraptor

Petee

Nov 3, 2019
Bournemouth
Hi, I have an issue with my one I installed before Christmas in my 2020 turbo Levo Comp. I installed as per the instructions and it worked perfectly. I then recently removed my battery to charge and put it back and thats when the problem started. Basically it is stuck in trail mode and the only way you can turn the bike off is to disconnect the battery. I removed it and the bike worked perfectly. I then re installed and the same issue appeared. Can you help me to rectify as only had one ride with it working. :(

LevilKenevil

Nov 5, 2019
Wales
Hi, I have an issue with my one I installed before Christmas in my 2020 turbo Levo Comp. I installed as per the instructions and it worked perfectly. I then recently removed my battery to charge and put it back and thats when the problem started. Basically it is stuck in trail mode and the only way you can turn the bike off is to disconnect the battery. I removed it and the bike worked perfectly. I then re installed and the same issue appeared. Can you help me to rectify as only had one ride with it working. :(

I have the exact same problem, I just signed in to see if anyone had issues.

Ill follow this to see how to get it rectified

TrailwattsUK

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Trader
Aug 27, 2018
Kent
Moisture is getting into the bikes and affecting the tcu and levociraptor.
Drying the unit and tcu out then taping up the USB port on tcu and the dial on levociraptor module. This has worked so far.

Petee

Nov 3, 2019
Bournemouth
Moisture is getting into the bikes and affecting the tcu and levociraptor.
Drying the unit and tcu out then taping up the USB port on tcu and the dial on levociraptor module. This has worked so far.

Not sure if this is the answer as is dry and was taped up. I will bring inside, untape and air out and try and re install tomorrow and let you know if that is the problem/solution. Thanks

TrailwattsUK

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Trader
Aug 27, 2018
Kent
Not sure if this is the answer as is dry and was taped up. I will bring inside, untape and air out and try and re install tomorrow and let you know if that is the problem/solution. Thanks
If this does not work, please return and a replacement unit will be dispatched.

Petee

Nov 3, 2019
Bournemouth
U really think it makes the bike way more. Fun??
I think so, it's not about putting your bike in turbo and just ripping everywhere. I use in eco mode that is also dialed down in mission control app for long flat sections. Otherwise the bike keeps cutting out and gets heavy then the motor kicks in and it is not smooth. The restriction makes the bike slower than I would cruise along a trail on my normal bike. For me the ebike is about being just like my normal bike but with the ability to get up that steep hill when your puffed out. With this product I get a better riding experience. I don't think an extra 5mph in eco on a flat trail is going to strain your motor too much. But I understand it's not for everyone and possible warranty issues. Some youngsters may also abuse as always.

paquo

Jul 31, 2018
usa
Anyone not like it

i have the US speed limit so only slightly annoying, not ridiculous. Anyway when my bike was derestricted i found myself going really fast on roads , kind of like a road bike so i needed taller gearing kind of like a road bike,, then as my levo had turned into a road bike i needed a lycra riding suit as i wizzed past the trail head

thewildblue

Feb 14, 2019
Bucks
My friend has just had the device do the same on his Kenevo. Bike will only power on and off with the battery cable connected and disconnected. He has swapped out from his levo and that dongle is fine. Bike is always washed,air lined dry and lives inside the house. Kenevo dongle is out to be aired to see if it fixes it, if not....

turbowolf

Sep 2, 2019
Novato, CA
After working fine for about a month, my levociraptor just recently starting preventing my bike from turning on unless I remove the battery connector a few times. After about the third battery reconnection the bike automatically comes on without pressing the on/off button. The problem went away after disconnecting the levociraptor and came back after reconnecting it. The deregulation also does not work, probably because I can't cycle the on/off switch 2 times with the battery connected per the levociraptor installation procedure. I've done a few rain rides recently and also lightly spray off the bike every few days (not uncommon for an emtb rider), so if the levociraptor has moisture issues this could be triggering it. Anyone else have this issue and know of a fix?

Stompweaver

Jan 20, 2018
Stafford
I had an issue with my Velociprator with the same faults as discussed here due to water ingress. Trail watts sorted a new unit out quickly. I have wrapped the new one in self amalgamating tape as has my friend who also has one and waterproofed the connectors with silicone grease along with the TCU and have had no further problems.
284E85B6-4CB9-4D76-BBAF-D5C669B27237.jpeg

Stompweaver

Jan 20, 2018
Stafford
More images of my friends raptor wrapped in self amalgamating tape.
I’ve removed the TCU and raptor since taping it up and there has been moisture on the unit after riding. It’s been incredibly wet in the UK so the bike has required washing virtually every ride too. Even being very careful some water will inevitably enter the top tube through riding and washing but the tape and grease on the connectors seems to be doing a good job of protecting things.

78235F0A-4757-4930-8BD7-A288EF201871.jpeg

929B8E3C-ABD0-460A-9A9F-FB9940DCD728.jpeg

B88235CA-C66E-4875-A3E9-720B692DDCE0.jpeg

Mickele26

Dec 2, 2019
Germany
This is another enquiry about order #177 - placed November 17th, received a notification that it has been shipped on the 18th of December ( to Germany ) but still hasn't arrived ... I know it was Christmas time but over 2 1/2 weeks for shipping within Europe seem far too Long ... this starts to get really frustrating :- (

uhscale

Jan 4, 2020
Stuttgart
Hello together,

received mine one last week.
So i have the Kenevo Turbo 2020.
Have some instruction for best setting to reach approx 50Km/h or zero restriction?
Iam not firm how to get this now via Blevo and setting on module.
Thanks a lot!

TrailwattsUK

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Trader
Aug 27, 2018
Kent
Hello together,

received mine one last week.
So i have the Kenevo Turbo 2020.
Have some instruction for best setting to reach approx 50Km/h or zero restriction?
Iam not firm how to get this now via Blevo and setting on module.
Thanks a lot!
BLEvo is not required to derestrict. If you have instructions then it’s straightforward.
Message me your email address if you require resending.

TrailwattsUK

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Trader
Aug 27, 2018
Kent
This is another enquiry about order #177 - placed November 17th, received a notification that it has been shipped on the 18th of December ( to Germany ) but still hasn't arrived ... I know it was Christmas time but over 2 1/2 weeks for shipping within Europe seem far too Long ... this starts to get really frustrating :- (
Surface mail through networks worldwide can vary. If using express shipping it’s tracked and signature. Often very quick.
Please check your address and let me know.

Mickele26

Dec 2, 2019
Germany
Surface mail through networks worldwide can vary. If using express shipping it’s tracked and signature. Often very quick.
Please check your address and let me know.
Have just double-checked my address ( via the link in the E-Mail with the notification about the shipping on the 19th of December ) - the address is 100% correct but still haven't received my Levociraptor :- (

TrailwattsUK

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Trader
Aug 27, 2018
Kent
Have just double-checked my address ( via the link in the E-Mail with the notification about the shipping on the 19th of December ) - the address is 100% correct but still haven't received my Levociraptor :- (

If nothing arrives by this weekend please contact me for replacement.
All orders will be dispatched with tracking from now on at £124.99.
Liability and loss needs to be removed ensuring all goods reach their destinations.

Mickele26

Dec 2, 2019
Germany
If nothing arrives by this weekend please contact me for replacement.
All orders will be dispatched with tracking from now on at £124.99.
Liability and loss needs to be removed ensuring all goods reach their destinations.
Thanks for the offer - let‘s wait until Saturday as you suggested and if it hasn‘t arrived until then let’s discuss how to ensure a replacement does definitely arrive

Joss

After working fine for about a month, my levociraptor just recently starting preventing my bike from turning on unless I remove the battery connector a few times. After about the third battery reconnection the bike automatically comes on without pressing the on/off button. The problem went away after disconnecting the levociraptor and came back after reconnecting it. The deregulation also does not work, probably because I can't cycle the on/off switch 2 times with the battery connected per the levociraptor installation procedure. I've done a few rain rides recently and also lightly spray off the bike every few days (not uncommon for an emtb rider), so if the levociraptor has moisture issues this could be triggering it. Anyone else have this issue and know of a fix?

Very similar to my experience. I even ordered a new power harness believing that to be the culprit. I can still power on/off using the TCU switch but disconnect and reconnect of the battery is required to get the bike to power up. I'm now checking the bike doesn't behave like this with the Levociraptor removed but due to the intermittent nature of this behaviour I need to try powering up over the next day or two.
If it's the Levociraptor then I'll just try storing the bike with the battery disconnected and only reconnect before riding. Or just get used to breaking and making the connection before heading out. The only concern is that it does something odd whilst riding and I'm left with a long, heavy pedal home.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles