2019-2020 Levo (2020 Kenevo) Speed Unlock Levociraptor

desmoracing

Oct 2, 2019
Bavaria
I can confirm the speedo does not work....set the Levociraptor on 3, in Blevo changed the multiplier to 1,5 and left the wheel unchanged at 2240 (27,5 inch wheel) the shown speed figures are too low probably around 10-15kmh

PaoloBLEvo

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
I can confirm the speedo does not work....set the Levociraptor on 3, in Blevo changed the multiplier to 1,5 and left the wheel unchanged at 2240 (27,5 inch wheel) the shown speed figures are too low probably around 10-15kmh
Ios or Android?
Could you share the bike setup screenshot?

Reactions: e_1

Snatch

Aug 18, 2019
Warwickshire
Ios or Android?
Could you share the bike setup screenshot?

3FA08D2D-4770-4107-A928-F08A879DFF7D.png

Shandy

Sep 15, 2019
Suffolk
Always good to see innovation, as one thing always leads to another, your only got to look at F1 and the modern car industry. Think the speed thing is a bit of a issue on the trails but a 20KG bike at 15MPH is going to leave a mark on anyone Walking UP a clearly marked Bike tail (yep it happened to me) . Suppose it's going to happen with the uptake of Ebike's sooner or later. So i guess what i'm saying is i'd rather be on a Legal bike when it goes to court that one that's been altered.

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Sorry, I saw 3 screenshots and I don't understand the meaning.. first of all the wheel size must be the real wheel size. So the first screenshot is wrong.
The other 2 screenshots, I don't understand if the speed value appear after connection or you modify it.
Which TCU version you have?

desmoracing

Oct 2, 2019
Bavaria
Paolo, maybe we do not understand this correctly. Let me explain from the beginning. I installed the Levociraptor set the dial to 3 which means according to the Levociraptor manual a circumference setting of 1333 and a top limiter speed of 43kmh. Now my understanding is that the specialized Motor gives out speed readings over ANT+, so if I connect my Garmin Edge 830 and connect to the Kenevo Motor, I get the Speed Reading from the Motor. Now this speed reading is obviously too low as I am on 1333mm wheel circumference. Now comes the important part of my understanding (and this goes as well to TRAILWATTS) I sought that when setting in Blevo the speed multiplier to 1,5 and the the real wheel circumference (for 27,5 around 2220mm) it would "trick" the engine in displaying the right speed over ANT+ and onto the Garmin Display? Maybe I got this wrong and a 1x5 setting in Blevo only means I can see the real speed in BlLevo App but the ANT+ speed output stays at an equivalent 1333mm when (approx. 10-15 kmh too low) This would mean that all connected ANT speed displays which get the speed from the Motor do not display the "right" speed at which I am going but the 1333mm speed.

desmoracing

Oct 2, 2019
Bavaria
The Question is can Blevo with the 1,5 multiplier "trick" the engine in "recording" the real Speed at which I am going ? This has obviously as well an impact on what total distance the bike has gone (odometer) A information which can be read in MC and Blevo

TrailwattsUK

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Trader
Aug 27, 2018
Kent
MORNING ALL I HAVE ORDER MINE HOW LONG DID YOU WAIT TO GET IN POST I ORDERD MY SUNDAY AND STILL NOT TURNED UP CANT WAIT TO TRY TO MY 2019 LEVO:)
Thank you for your custom. Stock arriving shortly for dispatch. Your order status will be updated as soon as dispatched.

ebikerider

Oct 1, 2019
Australia
Always good to see innovation, as one thing always leads to another, your only got to look at F1 and the modern car industry. Think the speed thing is a bit of a issue on the trails but a 20KG bike at 15MPH is going to leave a mark on anyone Walking UP a clearly marked Bike tail (yep it happened to me) . Suppose it's going to happen with the uptake of Ebike's sooner or later. So i guess what i'm saying is i'd rather be on a Legal bike when it goes to court that one that's been altered.
What about the 100kg muppet riding the bike? Lots of energy there to take out the bigger muppet walking up the bike trail..:ROFLMAO:

Have Ebikes opened up the born again phenomenom that happened with motorbikes. Blokes haven't ridden in many years then they buy the latest and greatest and with no training or good advice off they go riding badly into the distance. Does having an assistance limit help them not crash? Probably not. Having some good skills/training behind you will do you wonders in avoiding the unexpected. (Not directed at you Shandy, just thinking out loud).

The Levociraptor works like a charm btw ;)

Last edited:

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Paolo, maybe we do not understand this correctly. Let me explain from the beginning. I installed the Levociraptor set the dial to 3 which means according to the Levociraptor manual a circumference setting of 1333 and a top limiter speed of 43kmh. Now my understanding is that the specialized Motor gives out speed readings over ANT+, so if I connect my Garmin Edge 830 and connect to the Kenevo Motor, I get the Speed Reading from the Motor. Now this speed reading is obviously too low as I am on 1333mm wheel circumference. Now comes the important part of my understanding (and this goes as well to TRAILWATTS) I sought that when setting in Blevo the speed multiplier to 1,5 and the the real wheel circumference (for 27,5 around 2220mm) it would "trick" the engine in displaying the right speed over ANT+ and onto the Garmin Display? Maybe I got this wrong and a 1x5 setting in Blevo only means I can see the real speed in BlLevo App but the ANT+ speed output stays at an equivalent 1333mm when (approx. 10-15 kmh too low) This would mean that all connected ANT speed displays which get the speed from the Motor do not display the "right" speed at which I am going but the 1333mm speed.
The speed multiplier adjust the speed only in BLEvo.. all the Ant+ data are wrong

desmoracing

Oct 2, 2019
Bavaria
Ok Paolo that answers the question. So I assume correctly that all the data recorded in the Engine (Total KM ridden) is wrong as well (lower than actual) but displaying total KM and Speed with Blevo is right! So this means that there is NO PROBLEM with Levociraptor... thanks that answers all Questions

Kave

Dec 9, 2018
Sweden
I just installed one in my friends 2020 S-Works Turbo Levo. Works perfect.
I am considering one for my bike too if I update it.
Rememeber to restart bike TCU two times after install, don't ask how I know :)

woodsy

Jun 12, 2018
walsall
I've spoken to Trailwatts and they have confirmed to me that this will not work on my 2020 Kenevo after I let them know my firmware details, yet othesr on here have fitted this to their 2020 Kenevos. I was unaware that on such a new bike that there would be different firmwares

TrailwattsUK

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Trader
Aug 27, 2018
Kent
I've spoken to Trailwatts and they have confirmed to me that this will not work on my 2020 Kenevo after I let them know my firmware details, yet othesr on here have fitted this to their 2020 Kenevos. I was unaware that on such a new bike that there would be different firmwares
The firmware version you have has not been tested. You are welcome to purchase and test. If unsuccessful then you can return for refund?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles