2019-2020 Levo (2020 Kenevo) Speed Unlock Levociraptor

TrailwattsUK

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Trader
Aug 27, 2018
Kent
Hello, sorry google translate,
I too have noticed excessive consumption on the battery.
I ride with very low assistance and I could easily do 1500/1700 meters in altitude.
I bought levociraptor in June 2020, I drive with selection 4, I have noticed that I cannot climb more than 1000/1100 meters and I run out of battery. In these laps I hardly exceed 25km / h.
I removed the levociraptor with its procedure and went to the dealer for a check. Result has not seen any changes ..., the engine is ok, the battery is ok, update performed.
I reinstall the levociraptor, I walk a known path and the same problem of autonomy.
TrailwattsUK do you have sulutions? Does anyone else have this problem?
We have not experienced excessive battery consumption. Please can you message me your bike settings and firmware to assist further.

pedal

Nov 19, 2019
Verona
[QUOTE = "TrailwattsUK, post: 227747, membro: 982"]
Non abbiamo riscontrato un consumo eccessivo della batteria. Per favore, puoi inviarmi un messaggio con le impostazioni della bici e il firmware per aiutarti ulteriormente.
[/CITAZIONE]

Turbo Levo 2019, these are my settings:

eco 10 - pp 35
trail 20 - pp 70
turbo 40 - pp 100
zero acceleration
zero shuttle.

Firmware:
Battery 0.3.1
Engine 7.3.6
Display 26.B.0

TrailwattsUK

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Trader
Aug 27, 2018
Kent
[QUOTE = "TrailwattsUK, post: 227747, membro: 982"]
Non abbiamo riscontrato un consumo eccessivo della batteria. Per favore, puoi inviarmi un messaggio con le impostazioni della bici e il firmware per aiutarti ulteriormente.
[/CITAZIONE]

Turbo Levo 2019, these are my settings:

eco 10 - pp 35
trail 20 - pp 70
turbo 40 - pp 100
zero acceleration
zero shuttle.

Firmware:
Battery 0.3.1
Engine 7.3.6
Display 26.B.0
With these settings, I do not see how you are using so much battery. I suggest removing device and having diagnostic check and updates completed and test ride before fitting levociraptor.
If it still shows this result we will exchange unit and await your test results.

J0zone

Dec 9, 2020
Netherlands
My levociraptor is on the way (fast handling btw) but i had my wheel size adjusted by the lbs to 2000, can i install and use the levociraptor? Or should I first have the wheel size reset to 2300

Banktramp

Jul 13, 2019
West Midlands
So basically reading this thread from post 1, I’m asking those who brought in 2019, any issue in terms of longevity? I’m tempted to to get one as I regularly hit the wall when going down fast trails and would like to up the limit by 5-10mph.

Anyone been found out to fitting one and voided the warranty? Or now having issues resulting from fitting this?

Cheers.

daju

Apr 21, 2019
manchester by the sea, ma
So basically reading this thread from post 1, I’m asking those who brought in 2019, any issue in terms of longevity? I’m tempted to to get one as I regularly hit the wall when going down fast trails and would like to up the limit by 5-10mph.

Anyone been found out to fitting one and voided the warranty? Or now having issues resulting from fitting this?

Cheers.
I've had one motor replaced on warranty with no problems. I have JD's LSS gear set---obviously visible on my rear wheel

Andreas77

Dec 29, 2020
Germany
As long as the device is removed following instructions you will have no issues with warranty or service with specialized. 4000 plus customers and no refusal or reports to prove otherwise.

Hi TrailwattsUK,

Does Levociraptor also support walking mode?

I mean, it divides the speed and so the engine thinks I’m driving below 25 mph. But if I can't turn it off and it always divides the speed, will the bike go at 10-20 km / h in walk mode, can I run after it at 10-20 km / h?
Or does the Levociraptor detect that the bike is in walk mode and it does not divide speed?

In the case of mechanical planetary tunings, for example, I have to run at 15 km / h after my Levo FSR bike :-( that's why I want something else which supports the walking mode.

Thanks in advance for the answer!

Bigtuna00

Nov 27, 2019
CA
Does Levociraptor also support walking mode?

All it does is change the wheel circumference. There are no other "features". Just like any other current unlock, it can adversely affect walk mode, depending on how high you choose to set the limit.

So far, with 7.4.1, walk mode still works ok with both a 150% planetary setup or the Levociraptor on setting 3. Just be mindful of which gear you are in. For me I need to be in the 42, not the 50, the power delivery is inconsistent in the 50.

Andreas77

Dec 29, 2020
Germany
All it does is change the wheel circumference. There are no other "features". Just like any other current unlock, it can adversely affect walk mode, depending on how high you choose to set the limit.

So far, with 7.4.1, walk mode still works ok with both a 150% planetary setup or the Levociraptor on setting 3. Just be mindful of which gear you are in. For me I need to be in the 42, not the 50, the power delivery is inconsistent in the 50.

So, if I understand correctly, if I put Levociraptor in mode 3, it will divide the speed by 1.5, so the factory walking speed of 5 km/h will actually be 7.5 km/h?

It can still be followed on foot, without running, although a bit of a quick walk, especially uphill.

But it’s better than the planet gear, which divides by 3, so I have to run at 15 km/h.

BARGZ..

Dec 26, 2020
Northampton
@TrailwattsUK how waterproof is the unit? I’d be concerned that the dial would allow moisture into the unit. You know what the UK winter is like, well and the summer!

The unit is inside the frame so shouldn't be in contact with water more than other electrical parts. I would just like to know if it will affect warranty or not. There is a video on YouTube of an aussie fitting one.

Andreas77

Dec 29, 2020
Germany
Running at 15kmph is impossible! Especially given that walk mode tends to be used on very difficult terrain
Yes, therefore I cannot use the walk mode with mechanical "planetary gear" tuning :(
The engine would keep the speed at 5 km / h fixed, but in fact what it takes is 3x5 km / h = 15 km / h because the tuning divides the sensor signal by 3 and the engine sees that it is only 5 km / h :eek:

Bigtuna00

Nov 27, 2019
CA
So, if I understand correctly, if I put Levociraptor in mode 3, it will divide the speed by 1.5, so the factory walking speed of 5 km/h will actually be 7.5 km/h?

It can still be followed on foot, without running, although a bit of a quick walk, especially uphill.

But it’s better than the planet gear, which divides by 3, so I have to run at 15 km/h.

Not that simple. One of the changes made to walk mode in version 6.3.x was that it constantly checks for engagement (or something like that, I don't work for Spesh). It used to be a flat speed, it isn't anymore. This is partially why walk mode is so bad in that version. In 7.4.1 it's better, but it still requires you to be pushing the bike, it won't just run away without your input.

With a 3x multiplier I found that it would engage for maybe 20 seconds, then throw a motor error.

Be careful, "the planet gear" may refer to at least two different products. The JD LSS is 1.5x, not 3x. The Planet3 is 3x out of the box but you can run 2 magnets to achieve 1.5x.

Andreas77

Dec 29, 2020
Germany
Not that simple. One of the changes made to walk mode in version 6.3.x was that it constantly checks for engagement (or something like that, I don't work for Spesh). It used to be a flat speed, it isn't anymore. This is partially why walk mode is so bad in that version. In 7.4.1 it's better, but it still requires you to be pushing the bike, it won't just run away without your input.

With a 3x multiplier I found that it would engage for maybe 20 seconds, then throw a motor error.

Be careful, "the planet gear" may refer to at least two different products. The JD LSS is 1.5x, not 3x. The Planet3 is 3x out of the box but you can run 2 magnets to achieve 1.5x.

The two magnets are a great idea, it didn’t occur to me, thanks!

Andreas77

Dec 29, 2020
Germany

I wrote to a Levociraptor distributor over a week ago and now they have replied that:
"All the tuning kits support WALK mode, it will work the same as it would without a tuning kit. It will make no difference in this."
(I attached the screenshot about their answer)

I specifically asked them about Levociraptor that if it supports walking mode or not: "Do I have to run in walking mode after my bike or can I walk at 5 km/h next to it when the Levociraptor is installed?"
To this they responded back to me with this general answer :-D

Levociraptor has good product support :confused:
They respond slowly, but then they write nonsense :oops:

Then Can you confirm that it is as you wrote and not as the Two Wheels Empire answered me?
If I set Levociraptor to mode 3 (divider 1.5) then the speed of walking mode is 7.5 km/h instead of 5 km/h, in fact if I set it to mode 4 (divider 2) the speed of the walk mode will be already 10 km/h and can I run after my ebike? :unsure:

twowheelsempire.png

Bigtuna00

Nov 27, 2019
CA
You're mixing two different topics so it's confusing.

The first, does walk mode use a flat speed? It doesn't. Specialized had to change this due to regulations. Also the gear you are in affects the speed.

The second topic, does the Levociraptor "support" walk mode? I've seen no evidence to suggest the Levociraptor does anything other than change wheel circumference. Obviously I didn't create the device, and I'm no electrical engineer, this conclusion is 1) based on my experience and 2) based in there being no documentation about a walk mode feature.

Is walk mode faster on flat ground with the Levociraptor installed? Yes it is. Does it matter on the trail? Not in my experience.

Andreas77

Dec 29, 2020
Germany
You're mixing two different topics so it's confusing.

The first, does walk mode use a flat speed? It doesn't. Specialized had to change this due to regulations. Also the gear you are in affects the speed.

The second topic, does the Levociraptor "support" walk mode? I've seen no evidence to suggest the Levociraptor does anything other than change wheel circumference. Obviously I didn't create the device, and I'm no electrical engineer, this conclusion is 1) based on my experience and 2) based in there being no documentation about a walk mode feature.

Is walk mode faster on flat ground with the Levociraptor installed? Yes it is. Does it matter on the trail? Not in my experience.

My Levo has firmware version 7.3.6 and I find that at any gear, in any terrain, the walking speed is constant, always keeping 5 km / h with a 2350mm wheel circumference. If I put the chain to bigger chainring on casette the engine will rotate at a higher speed and if I put the chain to smaller chainring the engine will slow down.

This is my experience with 7.3.6 firmware version. Your experiencie is not this with 7.4.1 firmware?

That’s why I think the engine will want to keep that speed with the Levocirapor as well, but since the engine gets a lower, false speed value from the Levociraptor, it increases the speed which results in a higher real speed.
I also realized that if you reprogram the wheel circumference in the TCU by LBS e.g. At 2000 mm (which is also displayed by Mission Control), the Levo will be in a hurry, with a walking speed of 6 km/h.

Then you also think it's true that the Levociraptor has a faster walking mode (e.g. mode 6 = 75 km/h) , so it's likely that if you used it with a higher mode you would have to run after your ebike?
(Ok, I know you wrote that over mode 2 the power delivery will be inconsistent, but there are those who care about speed around 50 km/h , not for me :-D )

Peter Hill

Dec 31, 2018
Derbyshire
I have a similar problem. My kenevo 2020 wont turn on unless I disconnect the battery and reconnect it. It’s not very bothersome as it just takes 2 seconds. But I wonder if it has do something with the levociraptor. After Reconnect everything works fine...and it won’t disconnect on the ride or so, only when you switch it off afterwards it won’t power up. You have to open the battery flap and close it again to power it up
did you ever discover what the problem was, as mine it doing this to?

TrailwattsUK

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Trader
Aug 27, 2018
Kent
did you ever discover what the problem was, as mine it doing this to?
We revised the output cable to seal better and modified the pcb for better stability.
Vibration and moisture cause gremlins so we are ironing out everything ?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles