2019-2020 Levo (2020 Kenevo) Speed Unlock Levociraptor

Barto

Aug 28, 2019
Qld
You pull out your tcu and plug this in-between the tcu and the motor and then put all of it in the downtube, it derestricts the motor so it doesn't bog down when you pedal past full speed. It has power settings that can let you overpower your motor too. It is easily removed and then you can take it to the shop and they are none the wiser. It's idiot proof, as I am an idiot and I use it.

Also, regarding warranty issues and if specialized will bother you my experience is that i have my 2020 Levo comp motor blow up in setting 4 with about 1000mi on it. sent to warranty and replaced with absolutely no issues. Now I just run setting 3 most of the time.

Levociraptor is essential . Makes the bike do what it should.
Thank you very much for all that. I was particularly interested in how the device tricks the computer into thinking the wheel circumference has changed and wondering if any data traces are left to inform Specialized that it was connected?

Two Tone

Apr 20, 2020
Cambridgeshire
About a month ago I was cycling through a village on the way to a bridleway on my Levo doing circa 14mph from the pavement a little girl about 4 or 5 years of age ran out immediately in front of me her head was handlebar height somehow more by luck than skill I managed to miss her honestly there was millimetres in it, its already been established by the courts in the UK that if you hit pedestrian its the cyclists fault regardless even if the pedestrian is using their phone and not looking even slightly where their going so if Id have struck that little girl the accident would have been my fault if I was riding a derestricted Levo so effectively an unregistered uninsured motorbike and the little girl was seriously injured Id have been looking at jail-time on top of that Id of lost my house to cover ensuing costs and compensation. Any thoughts I had of derestricting my bike evaporated in a cold sweat.

desmoracing

Oct 2, 2019
Bavaria
Well my levociraptor stopped working, erratically turns off the whole bike, wouldn’t turn on anymore, worked like a charm before. Hope Trailwatts responds and replaces the unit. Will report

colw

Feb 1, 2020
southampton
I received mine a few days ago (#1010). I have a 2020 Turbo Levo Comp with TCU 26.B.0. For me only levels 3-5 work (or maybe 1-5, but I haven’t tested 1 and 2). When setting it to 6 or 7 it seems to be restricted at 25 km/h. Any idea what the issue might be?
This is happening to me as well, cant get to the bottom of it.

congerball

Jun 3, 2019
Yorkshire UK
Hopefully @TrailwattsUK can help you out. I noticed that their website does NOT list 26.B.0 as a tested firmware, considering how long this firmware has been out I’d have thought they’d have made the effort to update their website if it has indeed been tested and confirmed to be working as advertised. I don’t own one YET as I’m waiting for my warranty to run out first but if the website doesn’t list my firmware (or can’t be bothered to update it) then I’ll be leaving it alone ?
37326F0A-AE55-4E28-ADC0-AAF5FE334048.png

TrailwattsUK

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Trader
Aug 27, 2018
Kent
Well my levociraptor stopped working, erratically turns off the whole bike, wouldn’t turn on anymore, worked like a charm before. Hope Trailwatts responds and replaces the unit. Will report
Contact made. Please see message?

TrailwattsUK

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Trader
Aug 27, 2018
Kent
@TrailwattsUK
22b is the last display version (MC) listed as compatible on the website, there are newer versions now, when will the website be updated with newer versions?
So far there has been no issue with all new versions. Newest firmware allows use up to setting 5 on Levociraptor unit.
Relying on customer feedback to update website. If you have a version that is not listed, please get in touch with your feedback. [email protected]

E.B.O.E.

Dec 25, 2019
Eijsden
So far there has been no issue with all new versions. Newest firmware allows use up to setting 5 on Levociraptor unit.
Relying on customer feedback to update website. If you have a version that is not listed, please get in touch with your feedback. [email protected]
My Levociraptor works perfect with display version 25.B.0. (setting 3) Now i'am asked to update (mission control) to 26.B.0. I don't know if this works?

desmoracing

Oct 2, 2019
Bavaria
Always ask yourself what Advantage does the update bring.....and what might be the Risk, then decide... I mostly don’t see any benefit in firmware updates except they tend to break your speed unlocks

JetSetDemo

🍦Two Scoops🍦
Patreon
Apr 1, 2018
Ashby de la Zouch
Just had the update and I think from a very short ride around the estate I live that’s it’s no longer working as it did before, anyone else got any thoughts?

JetSetDemo

🍦Two Scoops🍦
Patreon
Apr 1, 2018
Ashby de la Zouch
Ok good news after a proper ride it still works fine, trail seams to be a little different in power delivery but turbo is full on full fat no speed limiter

GazzR

Jul 21, 2020
Blackpool
Long time lurker... hello :)

Anyone that's running this since last year able to report back on long term problems?

Also keen to learn how it impacts range... my rides tend to leave me with 20% or so left over on a standard 2020 Levo 500wh battery

Thanks!

JetSetDemo

🍦Two Scoops🍦
Patreon
Apr 1, 2018
Ashby de la Zouch
I run a 700w so can only speak for that. I have 2500 miles on my Levo in a year and a bit, around 1000 with it fitted. I do t ride that much in turbo mostly just 35% trail and a bit of 25% eco.

I don’t notice the impact on distance. As always it’s subject to elevation as well as miles but for perspective I was at Iners and Glentress 2 weeks ago and do 32miles with 3800ft of climbing on one ride and it was dead, I was also blown out by that point and had used the odd bit of turbo to avoid cardiac arrest.

I am also on my first motor and battery although I have had the battery cable issues and that was fixed under warranty start of this year so I have had no issues with the device so far breaking the motor.

hope this helps, although if a 500w user has some feedback for you that may be more relevant.

D

maynard

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber

Anyone that's running this since last year able to report back on long term problems?

Also keen to learn how it impacts range... my rides tend to leave me with 20% or so left over on a standard 2020 Levo 500wh battery

Thanks!
I dont think it impacts battery life. If you go hard in turbo maybe 10 % extra . If cruising in eco or trail no effect

GazzR

Jul 21, 2020
Blackpool
Thanks for the feedback guys. I know it would be hard to fully quantify the effect because of all the variables at play. Appreciate the replies, think i'll have to get one on my shopping list for sure :)

AdamDuckworth

Mar 3, 2019
Northamptonshire, UK
I have just had the new, new motor fitted to my 2019 Levo Expert. So I now have another two years warranty.. nice.
Any issues on using the Levociraptor with the latest upgraded motor and firmwares?

desmoracing

Oct 2, 2019
Bavaria
I am normally not using any public Forums for getting to the manufacturer, but I have been trying to get my faulty Levociraptor replaced by Trailwatts, for the last 4 weeks, I have sent you my unit and Trailwatts said he will replace it...since then no reply to any emails etc. I was very happy with your customer service so far, but now ....Nothing!

Bike

I installed my Levociraptor a couple of weeks ago. (all working as it should)
A couple of days later my TCU started acting up. So I performed a TCU reset with the dongle installed on position 0 and took the bike back to my Spesh dealer and they replaced the TCU under warranty, so I presume they cannot check if it has been installed or not.
Great product! (y)
This is valid for tcu not for the engine, i suppose you should remove it before,doesn'it?

Infex

Jan 20, 2020
Tessenderlo, Belgium
This is valid for tcu not for the engine, i suppose you should remove it before,doesn'it?
I'm still curious if there is some sort of data logging inside the engine itsself. I offcourse removed the levociraptor before performing the reset and taking the bike back to the shop.

After a couple of rides I did have soms problems with the motor acting up (started accelleration too hard considering the input I was giving). I checked everything and had some water ingress in the contacts between the levociraptor and the TCU. I solved this by applying some dielectric grease to the rubber seals, also, I have applied dielectric grease to the bottom of the TCU (where the TCU touches the frame) for a more watertight fit. Haven't had any problems since.

pedal

Nov 19, 2019
Verona

Thanks!

Hello, sorry google translate,
I too have noticed excessive consumption on the battery.
I ride with very low assistance and I could easily do 1500/1700 meters in altitude.
I bought levociraptor in June 2020, I drive with selection 4, I have noticed that I cannot climb more than 1000/1100 meters and I run out of battery. In these laps I hardly exceed 25km / h.
I removed the levociraptor with its procedure and went to the dealer for a check. Result has not seen any changes ..., the engine is ok, the battery is ok, update performed.
I reinstall the levociraptor, I walk a known path and the same problem of autonomy.
TrailwattsUK do you have sulutions? Does anyone else have this problem?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles