2019-2020 Levo (2020 Kenevo) Speed Unlock Levociraptor

Zero

Auto WARNING : Possible Duplicate user : "Fx1"
Apr 15, 2020
Midlands
18mph is to low and 27mph is to high. There needs to be a 1.5x EU speed limit which is around 23mph. This would let the motor operate in normal parameters and wouldnt flag problems to specialized for warranty issues.

hannu

Aug 9, 2019
FIN
18mph is to low and 27mph is to high. There needs to be a 1.5x EU speed limit which is around 23mph. This would let the motor operate in normal parameters and wouldnt flag problems to specialized for warranty issues.

Yeah this is a good point, that would be the sweet spot. Btw, is there a lot of known cases where Specialized would have flagged the use of Levociraptor (or others) and not covered motor problems under the warranty?

ebikerider

Oct 1, 2019
Australia
Anyone having any issues of the motor enaging when freewheeling and driving the bike when not pedaling? Noticing this since I refitted the dongle.

Update. Please Disregard.....removed the dongle and it's still doing it so something else is screwing up

Last edited:

hannu

Aug 9, 2019
FIN
Anyone having any issues of the motor enaging when freewheeling and driving the bike when not pedaling? Noticing this since I refitted the dongle.
No, I don't think so. Except the normal "after push" that the motor might sometimes do also without the dongle.

thewildblue

Feb 14, 2019
Bucks
Quick question. How are we set for firmware updates with the dongle in place. Now with the new functionality of mission control we can update our own firmware. Is there a firmware to avoid for example ?

Spagnol

May 2, 2019
Italy
Quick question. How are we set for firmware updates with the dongle in place. Now with the new functionality of mission control we can update our own firmware. Is there a firmware to avoid for example ?

what version of mission control permits you to update the firmware ?

thewildblue

Feb 14, 2019
Bucks
what version of mission control permits you to update the firmware ?
The latest version.

TrailwattsUK

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Trader
Aug 27, 2018
Kent
Another 200 units arrived today. Packaging and posting time??

7856A3E3-0251-4C5C-A181-DFC71B653639.jpeg

Stew15

Jun 22, 2020
Sydney, Australia
Hi [mention]TrailwattsUK [/mention] I ordered on your website yesterday and it says it is a preorder for late July shipment - does that mean this stock is already all allocated or will I be getting sent one of those? Thanks!

Zero

Auto WARNING : Possible Duplicate user : "Fx1"
Apr 15, 2020
Midlands
Hi [mention]TrailwattsUK [/mention] I ordered on your website yesterday and it says it is a preorder for late July shipment - does that mean this stock is already all allocated or will I be getting sent one of those? Thanks!
I'm pretty sure this lot is spoken for. They were on 9xx and I'm 12xx so if you order today I'm guessing its the next lot after this one at least.

Moisés

May 16, 2020
Chile
Another 200 units arrived today. Packaging and posting time??

View attachment 34082
Hi! I read from you that one should not buy this product from someone else’s shop. Before I read that I did order from Italy a velociraptor. I was too fast because I’m just too enthusiastic with my kenevo.
so, my question is: is there a downside for me, buying not directly from you?
(Does my English make any sense? If not I can try again)
Thanks a lot.

최해조

Jun 16, 2020
한국
[QUOTE = "Zimmerframe, 게시물 : 180589, 회원 : 4350"]
[USER = 982] @TrailwattsUK [/ USER] 한국어가 어떻게되는지 잘 모르겠지만 2020 년 모델을 주문할 수 있는지 알고 싶습니다.
[/ 인용문]

한국 사람입니다
웹을 사용하십시오.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
[QUOTE = "Zimmerframe, 게시물 : 180589, 회원 : 4350"]
[USER = 982] @TrailwattsUK [/ USER] 한국어가 어떻게되는지 잘 모르겠지만 2020 년 모델을 주문할 수 있는지 알고 싶습니다.
[/ 인용문]

한국 사람입니다
웹을 사용하십시오.
In fairness, saying you're Korean and asking him to use the web to translate what you're saying might be a bit unfair. You want something from him so why should he take the risk of translating something incorrectly and either offending you or making an error with your order. Maybe YOU use the web and translate it so he understands.

I think they will be available in his on-line shop in the next few days.

Stompweaver

Jan 20, 2018
Stafford
I see that there are responses that state the unit is compatible with more recent firmware that what is listed on the website. Is there an updated list of compatible firmware versions this will work?
I have the latest battery, motor and TCU firmware and have no issues. Previously the Velociraptor worked on older versions again with no issues. There are no concerns about firmware versions.

thewildblue

Feb 14, 2019
Bucks
I have the latest battery, motor and TCU firmware and have no issues. Previously the Velociraptor worked on older versions again with no issues. There are no concerns about firmware versions.

Is this after running through mission control and all the latest updates available ? Did you leave the raptor in place during any upgrade ?

Stompweaver

Jan 20, 2018
Stafford
Is this after running through mission control and all the latest updates available ? Did you leave the raptor in place during any upgrade ?
Battery and motor firmware can only be upgraded by a dealer. I did the latest TCU firmware upgrade through the Mission Control app but I removed the Velociraptor first and refitted it afterwards. Had no issues with the firmware update and the raptor still works perfectly.

Jimtonicc

Jul 8, 2020
Riehen
I received mine a few days ago (#1010). I have a 2020 Turbo Levo Comp with TCU 26.B.0. For me only levels 3-5 work (or maybe 1-5, but I haven’t tested 1 and 2). When setting it to 6 or 7 it seems to be restricted at 25 km/h. Any idea what the issue might be?

It is not really a problem though as there is no way I will go beyond 60 km/h - but it took me a while to find out...also, it only worked after the TCU reset.

Barto

Aug 28, 2019
Qld
Can someone please explain to me how a levociraptor works and if a dealership would be able to tell if one had been installed?
Cheers

Voi907

Jun 1, 2020
Broomfield Colorado
Can someone please explain to me how a levociraptor works and if a dealership would be able to tell if one had been installed?
Cheers
You pull out your tcu and plug this in-between the tcu and the motor and then put all of it in the downtube, it derestricts the motor so it doesn't bog down when you pedal past full speed. It has power settings that can let you overpower your motor too. It is easily removed and then you can take it to the shop and they are none the wiser. It's idiot proof, as I am an idiot and I use it.

Also, regarding warranty issues and if specialized will bother you my experience is that i have my 2020 Levo comp motor blow up in setting 4 with about 1000mi on it. sent to warranty and replaced with absolutely no issues. Now I just run setting 3 most of the time.

Levociraptor is essential . Makes the bike do what it should.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles