For Sale (BIKE) 2018 Vitus E-sentier: £1000!!! Bargain of the century?

Bongofish

Aug 27, 2018
Leeds
3190F2C4-CD0A-48F0-8617-8A408FD88514.jpeg

Bike Year: 2018
Manufacturer: Vitus
Model: E-sentier
Asking Price: 1100

Description: Hi

Many of you may know me from this forum. Sorry have no pictures of my bike at the moment but just putting the feelers out for my e bike to see what interest I get.

I have a 2018 vitus e sentier with the Shimano e8000 steps system in 20 inch. Probably done about 200 miles (need to check) and has a small scratch on top bar.

Reason for selling is going to sell this and look for a full sus e bike in new year.

If there is any interest let me know ?. Or anywhere anyone else may reccomend to sell such an item.

Cheers guys!

myskovon

Aug 12, 2018
Leeds
I’d be interested in having this off you Chris as I want to get a hardtail ebike ready for when my lad needs a rear mounted seat. I’d have it as a winter/family ride bike. Thing is I don’t want you to be without an ebike, was hoping to get out again soon and I think you’d tow a bit on the boardman ?

Bongofish

Aug 27, 2018
Leeds
I’d be interested in having this off you Chris as I want to get a hardtail ebike ready for when my lad needs a rear mounted seat. I’d have it as a winter/family ride bike. Thing is I don’t want you to be without an ebike, was hoping to get out again soon and I think you’d tow a bit on the boardman ?

Don’t mind not having an e bike in winter to be honest I’ve took the pedals off the sentier and turned the bars and put a blanket on. Quite happy using the boardman for local rides on a night as it rolls like a beast and then my vitus sentier VR for bike park at weekends. That’s what I’ve done for last week and worked well ?. Definitely get another bike in March time but this time I will get a full sus can do it all kinda bike ?

Bongofish

Aug 27, 2018
Leeds
Just changed this to £1000. Honestly the bike without the motor is nearly worth that! Someone is going to get an epic deal! Just want a very easy sale as currently very busy with work and family life ?

MattyB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 11, 2018
Herts, UK
Is it a size large? The 450mm reach / 483mm seat tube one?

Vitus

Pickup would be in Leeds, correct?

Last edited:

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Trust me, with a few mods this can be turned into full beast mode hardtail slayer

MattyB

Jul 11, 2018
Herts, UK
It’s a 20 inch. Can’t remember if that’s L or xl
20” = 508mm. Neither L (483mm) or XL (520mm) match that. Is the frame marked up so we can know for sure? XL would definitely be too big for me, but L should be ok.

Scratch that, I found a geo chart for the 2019 and it’s an XL - damn... :cry:

B3AF7E44-3419-4796-9363-9914828C2847.png

Last edited:

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
I believe that's an L - MY 2018 L was listed as 19 inch

@Bongofish if you can dig out the order email from CRC it will tell you the size, here's the bit from mine

Screenshot 2018-12-08 at 11.15.38.png

Bongofish

Aug 27, 2018
Leeds
It says 51cm - 20 inch. I’ve had guys that are about 5 foot 10 ride it and they’ve been fine if that’s any help

ccrdave

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
uk
@Bongofish can you measure the seat tube for me please centre of BB to top of the tube,if that measurement fits me I will buy the bike

MattyB

Jul 11, 2018
Herts, UK
Whoever offered more than the given price just stole my deal with Bongofish. Just to let you know, @Bongofish you should have messaged me before you sold it to someone else, and I would have matched their offer.
Ouch, that’s pretty bad form. Sounds like I dodged a disappointment bullet by it being too big for me; there is no way I would pay in full until pickup day given it’s someone i’ve never met, way too risky.

Perhaps the gazzumper was a Nigerian Prince paying by bankers draft? Part of me kinda hopes so... ;)

Jun 10, 2018
United Kingdom
Ouch, that’s pretty bad form. Sounds like I dodged a disappointment bullet by it being too big for me; there is no way I would pay in full until pickup day given it’s someone i’ve never met, way too risky.

Perhaps the gazzumper was a Nigerian Prince paying by bankers draft? Part of me kinda hopes so... ;)

I thought it was first come, first serve. He literally promised me he would hold it for me until I sorted out the courier, when he gave me his details. We even agreed to deal at £1000. As soon as I sorted out the courier, he dropped the bombshell that he had sold it to someone else.

I wouldn’t be surprised that the buyer will sell it at a profit, even if he paid a little more. This bike brand new is £2400, remember...

Another fact is I couldn’t guarantee I would find a courier to pick it up, as Bongofish didn’t want to put it in a box, which again, lead me into a false sense of security with the bike.

Last edited:

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
I thought it was first come, first serve.
I'd never assume a deal is done until cash is handed over. I've lost count of the amount of dive kit I missed out on over the years despite being promised first refusal.
Bongofish didn’t want to put it in a box
Perhaps the other buyer offered to collect, much less hassle for him that way.

Jun 10, 2018
United Kingdom
I'd never assume a deal is done until cash is handed over. I've lost count of the amount of dive kit I missed out on over the years despite being promised first refusal.

I’ve learned my lesson, as posted in the rant topic.

Perhaps the other buyer offered to collect, much less hassle for him that way.

I have no idea. I thought I did everything I could to try to keep the deal alive. Anyway, time to move on and lick my wounds.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles