Levo Gen 2 2018 turbo levo power button replacement

Woad

Mar 18, 2021
Utah
Can anyone point me in the correct direction for a new power button for my 2018 turbo levo? The button went MIA on a long ride, and I can't find her! Attached is a picture.
thumbnail_image0.jpg

Manfred

Aug 5, 2020
Germany
That does not actually exist as a spare part.
Ask Specialized over your dealer, if they can send you that - probably not, they prefer to sell a new battery.

This is a glaring manufacturing defect at the gen.1-batterys.
The button cover is not glued in place, it's just pinned on. Therefore you can lose it
or water can get in and the circuit board is damaged by corrosion. This has caused dozens of batteries to break.

Ask a dealer if he has a old broken battery which he has to dispose of.
With a knife you can easily remove the button cover.
And then glue the button cover with silicone in your battery.
More info here: Specialized - Innenleben des 460Wh und 504 Wh Levo-Akkus

@Specialized Rider Care
I think, this manufacturing defect is well known at Specialized.
Why is there no recall or replacement of all gen.1- batteries?

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Woad

Mar 18, 2021
Utah
Thanks for the reply... Unfortunately the local dealer told me my only option is to buy a brand new battery..... This might be my last Specialized unfortunately.

Neeko DeVinchi

E*POWAH Elite
Dec 31, 2020
UK
Is the battery under warranty?
If its second hand, sorry to say but you're gonna have to fork out for a new battery (which I know a few places which still stock and sell them).
If it is under warranty, contact your specialized dealer and I'm sure they'll guide you through your options.
Alternatively, reach out to RaceCo Cycles in Stourbridge. Surprisingly, they have a few spare bits and pieces which have got many riders back on the trails.
Good luck and let me know if you struggle.

Woad

Mar 18, 2021
Utah
Yes, the battery is still under warranty, but they said that the warranty doesnt cover the button falling off.

Manfred

Aug 5, 2020
Germany
Specialized or the dealer said this?

An incorrectly attached button (design error) is clearly a warranty!

Last edited:

Norange

Jul 29, 2018
Wiltshire
Yes, the battery is still under warranty, but they said that the warranty doesnt cover the button falling off.

If there's no crash damage evident, how is that not a warranty repair? Slightly curious as to how an 18 bike is still under warranty, a late bargain? Regardless, it is possible that Spesh dont have stock of the part. Think the suggestion to call around the more helpful dealers might bear fruit.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles