2018 Turbo Levo cutting out

Ricky

Jul 29, 2018
Wiltshire
Hi,

I'm having some problems with my motor cutting out. It generally happens when I've ridden a downhill section, where the bike has been hitting the trail fairly hard. I have no power when I go to pedal, despite the lights all being on still. If I unplug the battery connector, and then plug it back in again, 9/10 times that cures it (at least for a while anyway). It was an intermittent problem, but is now more regular.

Anyone else have the same issue, or know what the issue might be? I've thoroughly cleaned the battery connector, to no avail.

Thanks in advance.

JayK

Aug 3, 2018
Belgium
Probably the cable between the battery and motor. Mine had to be changed a few months ago and the bike is currently at my lbs again for (I think) the same issue.

The first time the cut grew up each time (30 sec, 2 minutes, 5 minutes, 30 minutes...) but this time it just stopped. And it was not after a hard ride, it was on road so I'm curious to know what it is exaclty.

Ricky

Jul 29, 2018
Wiltshire
Probably the cable between the battery and motor. Mine had to be changed a few months ago and the bike is currently at my lbs again for (I think) the same issue.

The first time the cut grew up each time (30 sec, 2 minutes, 5 minutes, 30 minutes...) but this time it just stopped. And it was not after a hard ride, it was on road so I'm curious to know what it is exaclty.
Thanks for the reply. Let me know how you get on. The weird thing is that although it has become more regular, it still works again as soon as I inplug, and plug back in. I will have had the bike for two years in about June, so it's time I stripped it down I guess. I just need to buy the tools so that I can get to the motor to have a closer look and clean out.

balbo

Jun 13, 2019
Bologna, Italy
Thanks for the reply. Let me know how you get on. The weird thing is that although it has become more regular, it still works again as soon as I inplug, and plug back in. I will have had the bike for two years in about June, so it's time I stripped it down I guess. I just need to buy the tools so that I can get to the motor to have a closer look and clean out.
Did you clean battery and motor connectors with a contact cleaner? In my case contact cleaner solved the issue with motor cutting out

Ricky

Jul 29, 2018
Wiltshire
Did you clean battery and motor connectors with a contact cleaner? In my case contact cleaner solved the issue with motor cutting out
I've cleaned it, but not with contact cleaner. I'll order some and give that a go as well. Was your issue exactly the same as mine?

balbo

Jun 13, 2019
Bologna, Italy
I've cleaned it, but not with contact cleaner. I'll order some and give that a go as well. Was your issue exactly the same as mine?

During a ride the motor was cutting out the power, wasn’t able to switch assistance from the control on the handlebar, unplugging and plugging the battery connector was solving the issue for a very short time ( 15 minutes ). After i sprayed the contact cleaner on both connectors i No longer have the problem

Ricky

Jul 29, 2018
Wiltshire
Well, I took it all apart, and there was some fairly significant corrosion. All of the mud had made it very damp. I've cleaned it all up, and used contact cleaner along with dialectric grease when putting it all back together. Fortunately, it's all workig now with no problems. I think I'll be taking better care of it now!

20200418_150149.jpg

20200418_150203.jpg

20200418_150612.jpg
20200418_150713.jpg
20200418_150728.jpg
20200418_150803.jpg

fali

Feb 4, 2022
Sant Celoni
Hola,

Tengo algunos problemas con mi motor que se apaga. Por lo general, sucede cuando he recorrido una sección cuesta abajo, donde la bicicleta ha estado golpeando el camino con bastante fuerza. No tengo energía cuando voy a pedalear, a pesar de que todas las luces están encendidas. Si desenchufo el conector de la batería y luego lo vuelvo a enchufar, 9/10 veces eso lo cura (al menos por un tiempo de todos modos). Era un problema intermitente, pero ahora es más regular.

¿Alguien más tiene el mismo problema, o sabe cuál podría ser el problema? He limpiado a fondo el conector de la batería, sin éxito.

Gracias por adelantado.
[/CITA]
A mi me pasaba y es el cable de bateria a motor lo cambie y funciona

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles