2018 Jam2 Factory rear wheel issues

Makende

Nov 15, 2018
Malvern Hills
Hi all, have had my 2018 Factory model from new since Nov 2018. Almost from the word go it was plagued with gear issues - jumping, slipping, riding over the top of the cassette. Eventually, having found an issue with the hub the rear wheel was replaced. Within no time the same issues were happening again and in the end the shop swapped my transmission onto a 27.5 wheel and since then, perfect. There appears to be a compatibility issue between the EX 8 speed cassette and the hub that comes with the Factory 29 er. Has anyone else experienced similar issues?

stiv674

E*POWAH Elite
Mar 4, 2019
Wiltshire
Hi all, have had my 2018 Factory model from new since Nov 2018. Almost from the word go it was plagued with gear issues - jumping, slipping, riding over the top of the cassette. Eventually, having found an issue with the hub the rear wheel was replaced. Within no time the same issues were happening again and in the end the shop swapped my transmission onto a 27.5 wheel and since then, perfect. There appears to be a compatibility issue between the EX 8 speed cassette and the hub that comes with the Factory 29 er. Has anyone else experienced similar issues?

Hi, I've got the same bike and I've had some minor issues with the gears, skipping etc but after some proper setting up it's now pretty good, although not perfect by any means. I've done about 630 miles so far.

Makende

Nov 15, 2018
Malvern Hills
Have a check of your cassette - mine was never fully stable. I broke one hub and the fault continued after the rear wheel and hub were replaced as a unit. I’m wondering whether there is a compatibility issue.

stiv674

E*POWAH Elite
Mar 4, 2019
Wiltshire
Have a check of your cassette - mine was never fully stable. I broke one hub and the fault continued after the rear wheel and hub were replaced as a unit. I’m wondering whether there is a compatibility issue.

Bike went back to shop after 200 miles or so, they checked it over and found no issues, fingers crossed it won't be an issue...

Do you have the Raceface wheels?

Makende

Nov 15, 2018
Malvern Hills
If I’m totally honest I’m probably not good enough to notice! The 27.5 is grippier though as it has a lot more tyre, still have the 29er on the front

stiv674

E*POWAH Elite
Mar 4, 2019
Wiltshire
If I’m totally honest I’m probably not good enough to notice! The 27.5 is grippier though as it has a lot more tyre, still have the 29er on the front

I'm the same, still on the original tyres at the moment, they seem to be pretty good apart from when it's really wet and muddy...

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles