Model Year: 2018
Price Paid: 5500€ est. with lbs discount
New/Used: Used
Score (out of 10): 9

Review: #1
I realised I should post this thread as a review:
My local LBS loaned me a 160 Action Team
I rode 200km over 4 rides, rocky trails, descent and fire roads

It is a 160mm, 64º, top-spec enduro bike with fox 36 factory and full kashima everywhere (even the dropper). EX1 groupset and saint brakes. Absolutely dream spec. It looks awesome, although I prefer the more muted TM colors.
The bike new with an LBS discount is probably somewhere in the vicinity of 5400€ (5800€ list).
Many people on here has that exact bike and I just wanted to share a few quick comments:
The bike I tried had 1000km on it.

It is my favorite bike I have ridden to date, and the spec for the price is imo unbeatable.

The suspension is firm and extremely sensitive and allows the bike to go everywhere. Brakes are fantastic (saints). Shifting is smooth, although I think in light of many reviews, the EX1 is probably overkill.

What spoke to me the most was the seating position. I immediately felt comfortable on the bike and rode for 3,5h without any fatigue on specific points. It is spot on for me.

The bike is on the stable side, downhill oriented, but for my level as a rider it is perfect. I found it very safe on fast descends but also quite lively on trails and was able to do practice few manuals (My technique is pathetic). Despite the longer chainstays you can definitely do it.

The bosch motor is also my favorite overall (over Yamaha and Shimano). It just climbs and do rocky trails so well. The only negative point was the drag over 25kmh on straights. This is partly due to the bosch motor, but also the 27,5 wheels and wide tires. For that I have to subtract a point from an otherwise perfect bike for me.

(I rode a 27,5 shimano (Lapierre 727i) shortly after and the drag was noticeably less, although on many surfaces, the drag from the tires was more important than the motor so I would not obsess over that.)

I tend to like slightly more stable bikes, and this hits just the right balance. It is certainly not unresponsive, but probably not as agile as the most extreme on the market.

In conclusion an awesome bike and the best possible spec for the price. A brilliant bike for someone who does not necessarily need the absolute lightest and liveliest out there.

(btw, don’t work for cube or anyone else, just my honest opinion.)

Original post:
Cube 160 Action Team first impressions. 9/10 - EMTB Forums

sputnik275wce

Patreon
Feb 23, 2019
Switzerland
This Bike is pretty good speced. Only thing i could complain about, are the long cranks. 165mm would be better for groundclearence. I was riding the lower spec Cube Stereo 160 Hybrid SL and it was very annoying hitting roots and rocks very often...

sarnie63

Apr 15, 2019
East Yorkshire
This Bike is pretty good speced. Only thing i could complain about, are the long cranks. 165mm would be better for groundclearence. I was riding the lower spec Cube Stereo 160 Hybrid SL and it was very annoying hitting roots and rocks very often...
The cranks in the action team are 165mm

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles