Jul 8, 2019
Glasshouse Mts - Australia
Shiney.jpg

Wanted Bike / Product Year: 2018-2019
Manufacturer: Anything around a Medium size
Model: Ebike
Asking Price: Around $4000 AUS

Description: WANTED EBIKE
Wanting an ebike for my "Better Half" as she has been taking mine out of late and I'm stuck pedaling the old clockwork bike. So I'm chasing and 2nd hand ebike, 2018, 2019, would prefer one with a Shimano motor as I have a Merida with that motor (8000) and love it and have had no issues so far, touch wood, and that is what she is used too as well.
Will consider anything though, but as I'm in Queensland Australia and we are in a lock down at the moment (as are most of the rest of you I know) really just throwing this out there as the bike would have to be around the Brisbane/SE Queensland area.
Have recently just missed out on a couple for around that price range so know that the must be a few out there.
Thanks for your time and hope that your all staying safe and getting out there when you can, cheers Steve

Errol1098

Jul 8, 2018
Sydney Australia
Why don’t you look at the Merida E120-500, $4300 new

View attachment 28156

Wanted Bike / Product Year: 2018-2019
Manufacturer: Anything around a Medium size
Model: Ebike
Asking Price: Around $4000 AUS

Description: WANTED EBIKE
Wanting an ebike for my "Better Half" as she has been taking mine out of late and I'm stuck pedaling the old clockwork bike. So I'm chasing and 2nd hand ebike, 2018, 2019, would prefer one with a Shimano motor as I have a Merida with that motor (8000) and love it and have had no issues so far, touch wood, and that is what she is used too as well.
Will consider anything though, but as I'm in Queensland Australia and we are in a lock down at the moment (as are most of the rest of you I know) really just throwing this out there as the bike would have to be around the Brisbane/SE Queensland area.
Have recently just missed out on a couple for around that price range so know that the must be a few out there.
Thanks for your time and hope that your all staying safe and getting out there when you can, cheers Steve

Husky430

E*POWAH Master
Jul 8, 2019
Why don’t you look at the Merida E120-500, $4300 new

Have thought about that but it only has the 7000 motor at 60nm, would much rather the 8000 same as in my 160 900e.
Have tracked down a Cannondale Cujo 130 with the better motor in it and we are going to have a look at that tonight fingers crossed.

Errol1098

Jul 8, 2018
Sydney Australia
Have thought about that but it only has the 7000 motor at 60nm, would much rather the 8000 same as in my 160 900e.
Have tracked down a Cannondale Cujo 130 with the better motor in it and we are going to have a look at that tonight fingers crossed.

Yep, got you. I was looking at it for my wife and the same thing went through my mind. We ended up with the new Cannondale Moterra, the Moterra 2 for me and Moterra 3 for the wife. Great bikes, both have the Bosch motor, 160 travel.

Husky430

E*POWAH Master
Jul 8, 2019
Theos.jpg

Ended up finding her a Kellys Theos EN 70, which I think was a good bargain, Shimano 8000 motor, Rockshox Lyric 170mm forks, Rockshox Deluxe shock, 4 pot Shimano brakes, only weighs 21kg, Dropper post and Nobby Nics tyres all for 4K. Happy dayz, bring on an Eebing Easter

Husky430

E*POWAH Master
Jul 8, 2019
Oh forgot to say in write up, only had 45km on it , so practically brand new and ridden literally twice. Bloke had a sore elbow and riding off road agrivated it so he sold it. Like I said, I think it was a bit of a bargain. Need to put some higher bend bars on it for my better half just to make it more comfortable and away we go for and EEBING Easter

Husky430

E*POWAH Master
Jul 8, 2019
Yes it has the Di2 as well, it just keeps getting better, even still had the original greasey stuff on the chain when I went to lube it after Saturday and Sunday's riding. The flat black work is bit of a bugger to keep clean tho, you can't have it all

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles