2017 Turbo Levo Mode select buttons stopped working - any advice ?

rhyscharlton

Mar 24, 2020
UK
Hi all, I have just bought a 2017 Turbo Levo which is absolutely great. However, the plus and minus buttons to change the mode from ECO to Trail to Turbo have simply stopped working.

This could well be my fault as I power washed the bike after a very muddy ride (should have read the cleaning advice I know) and I started messing around with the settings in the BLEVO app.

Using Blevo and Mission Control I change the power output so it still works, I just can't change them modes with the buttons on the frame.

I have ordered a Garmin E-Bike remote so hopefully that will work to change through the modes.

So, my question is have any of you experienced something similar ? Is there a way to factory reset this version of a Levo ?

Thanks in advance for any advice, hopefully will see some fellow e-bikers around Cannock Chase (obviously at a safe 2 meter distance for the moment :( )!

Rhys

GDAS

Sep 19, 2018
Surrey, UK
Hi, and welcome to the forum, but please note that nobody should be riding at Cannock until further notice:

1585221868235.png

Re the battery problem - whereas the 2019 Levo has a reset feature via the TCU, I'm not aware of any similar documented feature on the 2017/18 Gen 1 system.

There's a similar problem described here On board a Kenevo but have problems :( - EMTB Forums where someone mentions holding the power button down for 30 seconds. Might be worth a try. Otherwise, assuming the buttons worked before washing, and stopped working after, then maybe take the battery out of the bike and place it somewhere warm to dry it out.

rhyscharlton

Mar 24, 2020
UK
Hi, and welcome to the forum, but please note that nobody should be riding at Cannock until further notice:

View attachment 27887

Re the battery problem - whereas the 2019 Levo has a reset feature via the TCU, I'm not aware of any similar documented feature on the 2017/18 Gen 1 system.

There's a similar problem described here On board a Kenevo but have problems :( - EMTB Forums where someone mentions holding the power button down for 30 seconds. Might be worth a try. Otherwise, assuming the buttons worked before washing, and stopped working after, then maybe take the battery out of the bike and place it somewhere warm to dry it out.

Thanks for the reply - ill give that a try. luckily its quite a sunny day !

rhyscharlton

Mar 24, 2020
UK
I've had that happen with a new battery on my old 17'. The battery had to be replaced.

Hi Utah, thanks for the response. For anyone else reading this I sorted it with a Garmin e-bike wireless remote. Even though the buttons on the battery don't work the Garmin does change the modes :)

Utah Rider

Jul 4, 2019
Utah
I have the Garmin also. I seem to remember that the LEDs go fubar soon after the buttons stop working. My original batteries were 460wh. The newer 504wh have much better performance. What is weird is that my old 17' batteries never had LED problems but the newer battery did.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles