2017 Pivot Shuttle- opinions please

BJep

E*POWAH Elite
Patreon
Aug 15, 2018
Grayshott
Ride
Cube Elite
I have a chance to buy a S/H 2017 Pivot Shuttle at a price I can almost afford, but I am nervous about the resale value. Can anyone advise me what was changed in subsequent releases or offer advice on what to watch for specific to that model?

I have bought quite a few S/H eMTB's now so my query is more related to that model rather than buying S/H generally, and my worry is that since the industry is changing so fast is 2017 'too old'?

Any opinions welcome!

R120

Staff member
Patreon
Author
Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
I don't believe the bike has fundamentally changed since its release - the software on the motor will have changed, but if the owner has updated it not a problem, and again you can do that yourself via the E-Tube app.

You should ask the seller to log on to the app when you are present, as you can run a health check of the Shimano System on the app, telling you if any issues, and how many charge cycles the battery has had.

I think the only thing that may have changed is the brake and tyre spec, I seem to rmeber some confusion as to the spec on these as some press bikes had different brakes?

Anyway plenty of info here:

Pivot Shuttle - EMTB Forums

Reactions: Pybo

Pybo

Jan 21, 2019
Middlesbrough
Ride
Still looking
I’ve just bought the Shuttle from a dealer about 6 weeks ago.
The tyres are:

F Minion DHF exo dual compound
R Minion DHF2 exo maxx Terra

Brakes are the 4 pot MT8010 with MT8000 XT levers.

Everything else is the same is the original released spec.

I’ve just seen a used one with only 170 miles on it with £3700 off the original price. It has upgrades...kashima post, Schwalbe rubber and Hope brakes I think?

For what it’s worth, I’m totally buzzing with mine. I’ve swapped the front tyre to a shorty DD maxxi Grip and it’s sorted 👌🏼

Check the motor stuff as previous poster advised.
If it’s nearly new then ask a LBS if they could check it over?

BJep

E*POWAH Elite
Patreon
Aug 15, 2018
Grayshott
Ride
Cube Elite
Great- I reckon all I needed was a bit of encouragement- and thanks for the good advice.
I just pressed 'go' and now I cant wait to get it!
:)

Reactions: R120 and Pybo

Latest threads