2 cube ebikes no spare batt; 2 analog bikes; 2 days; 267,01km; 15:15:18; 3.341

ggx

Dec 10, 2018
Sintra
Long weekend rookie ebike ride with no spare batteries :alien::eek:

pic1.png

So we ride from Coimbra to Fátima (Carmelitas route) in the first day, and from Fátima to Lisbon in the second day, mainly on the (Tagus route ).
We had no previouse experience in andling with rack gear and long routes and we had to sort out some issues with the gear, neverthelese we had to ride with limitations in the more rugged trails , but we need to pass the rookie test .
We decided not to travel with spare batteries but with 2 chargers available ( 4A and 2A).
Our bikes/setup : Cube 140 625 wh batt Toppeak beamrack (not suit for full susp bike) . My mistake as I didn´t test it before the ride (only done a back yard 10 meters test).
Cube 120 500 wh batt Thulle tour rack (aproved for pourpose).
The optins for the chargers went (almost :rolleyes:) ok. In the firs tday we stop to lunch about an our , and we put the batteries on charge. The 4A for the 500Wh and the 2A for the 625wh. We arrived with the 625Wh with 5Km autonomie remainig and for the 500wh empty (the last 4/5Km only muscle power). Fortunly this part was almost flat .
For the second we stop 2 times, lunch time and afternoon and went ok our planing . We ride as much as possible in Eco mode, and in Tour in more ascending parts.
Great ride at the end and very nice landscapes.

Last edited:

GrahamPaul

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Nov 6, 2019
Andalucía
So, two days at 130km per day and most of the 3300m climb in the first day! :eek:

You sure didn't suffer from range anxiety, did you?! :LOL:

Absolutely wonderful stuff. Just goes to show what is possible on an EMTB tour.

Now just waiting for you to open the border to us here next door and I might well be repeating your trip with my missus. It looks wonderful. I did Eurovelo 1 from Porto to Lisboa a couple of years ago on road bikes and really fancied doing a follow-up trip down the interior on MTB. You've made me want to pack my trailer again!

Reactions: ggx

ggx

Dec 10, 2018
Sintra
So, two days at 130km per day and most of the 3300m climb in the first day! :eek:

You sure didn't suffer from range anxiety, did you?! :LOL:

Absolutely wonderful stuff. Just goes to show what is possible on an EMTB tour.

Now just waiting for you to open the border to us here next door and I might well be repeating your trip with my missus. It looks wonderful. I did Eurovelo 1 from Porto to Lisboa a couple of years ago on road bikes and really fancied doing a follow-up trip down the interior on MTB. You've made me want to pack my trailer again!
Hollá,
no anxiety, just some planing and maybe some boldness :giggle:. Yes it´s possible to do mtb raids with ebikes, and , imagine, fun . :devilish: .
It´s also possible to do it with mixed groups (analog and powered bikes). As our time was limited we do it in 2 days, but it has potencial for a more relaxed trip.
Have fun ?‍♀️

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles