Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Great vid rob, the quality of film you are getting from your current set up is awesome.

The new Mondrakers are such good looking bikes.

Why companies keep putting charging ports in the worse locations continues to baffle me though

Jedipip

Jul 29, 2018
Yorkshire
All that bike and ONLY £10,799.00 ?
Rob was very generous with the sticker location. Surely we can start calling the manufacturers out a little on pricing soon?
That’s like 5 one year old Kenevos ?

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
Non-removable battery according to STW, is that right?

Rich_F21316

Oct 6, 2018
DORSET, United Kingdom
Amazing looking bike. Love the cable routing, but what happens when you fall off? (you tested that right, Rob?) what stops the cables being stretched if the bars spin 180degrees in a crash?
All that's missing from that cable routing set up is a pots mod for those in the know!!

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
I wonder if you can buy the Kiox mount Trek use aftermarket? seems like the best mounting solution for the Bosch

Screenshot 2019-11-25 at 22.14.53.png

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Amazing looking bike. Love the cable routing, but what happens when you fall off? (you tested that right, Rob?) what stops the cables being stretched if the bars spin 180degrees in a crash?
All that's missing from that cable routing set up is a pots mod for those in the know!!
Of course, I had a perfect OTB haha.

No issue with the cables.

The screen however is very vulnerable. I'd be looking to move it back behind the bars as soon as I could.

Dan63

Feb 4, 2019
Brisbane
Lovely looking bike and i am excited to see a possible trend towards lighter bikes. However at $21,000AUD this is out of the ballpark AND the spec level of some of the components on this thing is (very) poor for the (huge) price tag!

thewildblue

Feb 14, 2019
Bucks
Am I missing something, isn't the Ezesty Full sus, 18.4kg and cheaper. Yes it has a smaller battery but its still an ebike.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Am I missing something, isn't the Ezesty Full sus, 18.4kg and cheaper. Yes it has a smaller battery but its still an ebike.
Its a very different kind of EMTB though, both in terms of design and philosophy. The Fazua motor gives far less assistance, and a lot less range if using the more powerful modes - its a very different approach to the more powerful systems

thewildblue

Feb 14, 2019
Bucks
Its a very different kind of EMTB though, both in terms of design and philosophy. The Fazua motor gives far less assistance, and a lot less range if using the more powerful modes - its a very different approach to the more powerful systems

Huh ?

So its 250watts, 60nm, has much the same components but is different. Yes you can remove the motor if you like, but its still an ebike. In fact it delivers the same torque on paper as the Shimano E7000......

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Huh ?

So its 250watts, 60nm, has much the same components but is different. Yes you can remove the motor if you like, but its still an ebike. In fact it delivers the same torque on paper as the Shimano E7000......
It’s no way near the power. On paper maybe. In reality it’s weak and gets blown away by Bosch /Shimano / Yamaha /Brose

And the battery is small. The eZesty is kind of a ‘no mans land’ ebike. Not light enough to be worthwhile for the power and range loss you get with it.

ggx

Dec 10, 2018
Sintra
Terrible word for Rob to pronouncing it right,:LOL: :ROFLMAO:but a wonderful place to ride ! Lousã - Portugal ;):giggle:

p3eps

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
I’d love to see a head to head comparison of this and the Trek Rail 9.9 X01

As far as I can see, both are very similar...

Around £10000
Bosch Gen 4 with Kiox and 625Wh battery
Fully carbon frame (no alloy stays)
Carbon wheel set
Eagle AXS X01

The Mondraker seems to get a big thumbs up. The Trek is slightly cheaper, and is available now (Mondraker is March 2020). Most literature / videos are of the Rail 9.8 which gets a very good write up... but there’s not much on the 9.9.
One of the main criticisms of the Mondraker was the mount for the Kiox... but it appears Trek have a much better solution for that. Agree though that I’d rather have no display at all and maybe just have some LEDs like a Levo.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles