155 cranks

Bomble

Subscriber
Nov 11, 2018
Yorkshire
Bought some 155mm cranks for my 160rs, do I need to get a setting changed in the motor? I seem to remember on the gen 3 Bosch you had to?

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Switch the motor on then off 6 times in quick succession and then hold the power button on for ten seconds to unlock clown mode.
tenor.gif

Bomble

Subscriber
Nov 11, 2018
Yorkshire
Why do you think you need cranks that short?

Is this where you tell me to learn how to ride instead of buying shorter cranks?? I ride a lot in really rocky areas and they help massively with pedal strikes when trying to peddle up very tricky rocky climbs etc.
Had them on about a week now and super happy with the difference, the Whyte is quite low. Glad I put a bash plate on it too?

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
Is this where you tell me to learn how to ride instead of buying shorter cranks?
I'm pretty sure Gary's beaten me to it. :D
hey help massively with pedal strikes when trying to peddle up very tricky rocky climbs etc.
Fair enough, I find the best way to deal with them is find a nice flat fire road and miss them out altogether. :ROFLMAO:

Mr President

Sep 20, 2020
monmouth,wales
Is this where you tell me to learn how to ride instead of buying shorter cranks?? I ride a lot in really rocky areas and they help massively with pedal strikes when trying to peddle up very tricky rocky climbs etc.
Had them on about a week now and super happy with the difference, the Whyte is quite low. Glad I put a bash plate on it too?
likewise I fitted Hope 155mm to reduce pedal strikes and am happy with the outcome. Pedal strikes can lead to accidents and damage to components after all, so definitely not desirable.
I also fitted Rockguarz bash plate to reduce paint loss on the BB. It isn't pretty but it does work.

Mr President

Sep 20, 2020
monmouth,wales
likewise I fitted Hope 155mm to reduce pedal strikes and am happy with the outcome. Pedal strikes can lead to accidents and damage to components after all, so definitely not desirable.
I also fitted Rockguarz bash plate to reduce paint loss on the BB. It isn't pretty but it does work.
Oh and as an unexpected side effect I seem to be having less pain in my knees:D

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles