12v levo charger

Troutwrestler

Dec 25, 2018
Scotland
Yeah. That was my post. Perhaps I should have ordered 20 and bunged 'em on eBay for £95...

If you buy them from a reseller, will you have a warranty?

Mine took less than a week to arrive at my local Dealer from when I ordered it.

Mcharza

E*POWAH BOSS
Aug 10, 2018
Helsinki, Finland
Yeah. That was my post. Perhaps I should have ordered 20 and bunged 'em on eBay for £95...

If you buy them from a reseller, will you have a warranty?

Mine took less than a week to arrive at my local Dealer from when I ordered it.
I tried that from local BMW dealer. Cannot order to Finland :(

2wheeledwalbert

Apr 16, 2019
Gloucestershire, England
Just a few pics for people asking. Really impressed with it, quick top up in between rides

20190622_143749.jpg

20190622_143851.jpg

20190622_143901.jpg

DTZ

May 5, 2019
UK
Anyone have any idea what happened to the ebay ones, apparently the seller "ended the listing", when I first looked 4 were sold with more than 10 remaining, and then the listing was cancelled. I was going to contact the seller as apparently he was <5 miles from me.

2wheeledwalbert

Apr 16, 2019
Gloucestershire, England
Anyone have any idea what happened to the ebay ones, apparently the seller "ended the listing", when I first looked 4 were sold with more than 10 remaining, and then the listing was cancelled. I was going to contact the seller as apparently he was <5 miles from me.
Still on there from what I can see. Just had a quick look. Nottingham area

Troutwrestler

Dec 25, 2018
Scotland
I wouldn't be surprised if it were a member of staff from somewhere like Rutland Cycling, who shift a lot of Levos. They must get asked about 12v chargers all the time, but Rutland don't (can't) stock them, so the helpful advice is "Try eBay".

Apr 7, 2019
Sussex UK
Tried my local UK dealer, even with the part no listed above he can’t find it, only one for a Bosch battery. :(.
Can’t bring myself to cough up £110 from eBay.

Troutwrestler

Dec 25, 2018
Scotland
Grassicks BMW in Perth obtained one for me. I think it is more whether the parts department can be bothered to look beyond a set of matching mats, and the guys at Perth were prepared to do the digging required. The charger does need to be specially ordered from Germany, but only took about 5 days to come

DTZ

May 5, 2019
UK
I tried to order one from Sytner Nottingham last week. They found the part, price was £60 + VAT (£72) and was available as a special order item, however the BMW system was showing an unknown date as to when they would be available in stock, which meant it could be as long as 6 months. They wouldn't however order without it being paid for in full, and the order was not able to be cancelled once placed! I decided not to order as I ideally need it this week.

Sep 12, 2019
Canada
There seems to be a high demand for this 12 VDC adapter. I too would love one for my camping trips. If anyone from Specialized is seeing this ... How about adding this device to your product line? You may save some money on battery warranties from us trying to rig something electrical to do the trick. If it was priced right and my LBS could order it I personally would prefer that.
A bit of advice for everyone charging from a vehicle. Make sure the it is running otherwise you will drain your vehicle battery like I did. Lucky I found someone to give me a boost.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles