100% brisker cold weather gloves review

Bones

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Apr 3, 2020
Harrogate
they're not really designed to work down to those temps, they're a fairly thin windproof glove. what they are good at is for the the autumn to spring period when it's too cold for normal gloves but above freezing. the Hydromatic ones are a little warmer but for anything below -1 / -2 i'd be reaching for my neoprene gloves, great a keeping you hands warm, if not wet - just don't take them off mid ride otherwise it's a like wearing blocks of ice for the first couple of minutes until they warm up again
I bought these autumn to spring gloves thinking they would cover the bit in the middle 😳. Obviously not but still useable above freezing.

Paul C

Dec 28, 2020
west susssex
I was looking on here for glove advice as my Briskers are useless.
But strangely get rated in reviews.
Maybe handguards are the way to go

harrysmalls

Oct 25, 2021
Oregon
I love Brisker gloves. I have 6 pairs. Work great on the moto in the 35F-50F range. Though hand guards do block much of the wind. I would bump that range up 5F, if you're doing long and speedy descents on MTB. They are not below-freezing gloves.

Bones

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Apr 3, 2020
Harrogate
I love Brisker gloves. I have 6 pairs. Work great on the moto in the 35F-50F range. Though hand guards do block much of the wind. I would bump that range up 5F, if you're doing long and speedy descents on MTB. They are not below-freezing gloves.
What we need are heated grips like they have on motor bikes 👍

Pyr0

E*POWAH Master
Sep 22, 2019
Wirral, UK
I agree the Briskers are not great.

in search of some decent gloves I found the Endura Freezing Point gloves.

tested today in 0 degrees (2 degrees max at some point) and had to take them off halfway through the day as they were too hot.

expensive. Decent.

Hi Rob,
Tempted to try these after your recommendation.
What's the sizing like?
Most glove sizing recommends a medium for me, but I wear a large in Briskers.

Bones

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Apr 3, 2020
Harrogate
I bought some Rob 👍£51 from all terain cycles. The xl was tight so ended up with xxl which is crazy as I don't have big hands.

16382764503746756998827752378790.jpg

Mr_Price

Feb 27, 2021
North Vancouver
I love my Briskers but don’t disagree with the cold comments. My hands are cold in them when it drops below ~5°C but other factors often come into a play.

I picked up some $10 rubber brake lever covers that feel really good and help with the cold hands.

Morton027

Jun 3, 2019
Worcestershire
I wear them for most of the year until it gets either really cold or really wet. In the wet they soak up water like a sponge and the wind chill makes it feel like I'm wearing ice cubes.

I just bought some Briskers going by reviews. Might give them a spray of Graingers waterproofing (DWR) just in case.

Utah Rider

Jul 4, 2019
Utah
The best option where I live, Utah, is bar mitts/ pogies. You can where whatever you like inside them. As fellow EMTB members know, Ebikes are always generating more wind and rides are much farther than regular bikes so extra protection is a must. After installing barr mitts/pogies you can start by wearing very thin glove liners and keep any thicker pair in the camelbak for colder rides. The bar mitts/pogies are great for water protection from slush and winter bush whacking. Cheers

Tony_pocock

Dec 21, 2020
Brighton
Bought 100% Brisker and sent them straight back. Use endura windstrike for cold weather and sometimes wet. Definately keep you hands warm, but sizing is a little hit and miss. Downside is your hands to get pretty warm and sweaty, which then makes the gloves really hard to put back on.

Manc44

Jun 22, 2021
Manchester
I got some claiming to be Gore-Tex that were absolute wank. They were from Sports Direct so they weren't some fake brand or whatever. I should have known you can't get Gore-Tex gloves for £15. My hands were as wet as if there was no waterproofing at all to the gloves and the other night at temps of about 2°C my hands were freezing, when these are supposed to be Skiing gloves.

I think the next pair I'll get is those motorbike gloves that take batteries and keep your hands warm with a thing going around them running off the battery, but even from China those aren't that cheap, probably about £50 a pair.

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland
As fellow EMTB members know, Ebikes are always generating more wind and rides are much farther than regular bikes
Errr..no..
I don't really know why you would think this ..I've certainly gone a lot further on a ride than the range of my ebike battery would allow ..and as fast ( going down..generating wind ... but that was me and not the bike 😂 )

Last edited:

Utah Rider

Jul 4, 2019
Utah
Errr..no..
I don't really know why you would think this ..I've certainly gone a lot further on a ride than the range of my ebike battery would allow ..and as fast ( going down..generating wind ... but that was me and not the bike 😂 )
First, most of my rides are two battery rides. I always carry a spare (Levo). In the winter it's not uncommon for me to run both batteries dead. Second, my average speed for say a 25 mile ride /4500ft elevation gain is 12mph. For instance this morning, it was below freezing and there was a strong headwind. A regular biker would have struggled against the wind. I just blazed right through it at governed speed. Third, keep in mind we are talking winter riding. I don't see a lot of fat biker's doing 3 hr rides with huge elevation gains. I have been passed by fat bikers in deep snow but if it is icy or hard pack snow then it's see ya later dude.
Cheers

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland
First, most of my rides are two battery rides. I always carry a spare (Levo). In the winter it's not uncommon for me to run both batteries dead. Second, my average speed for say a 25 mile ride /4500ft elevation gain is 12mph. For instance this morning, it was below freezing and there was a strong headwind. A regular biker would have struggled against the wind. I just blazed right through it at governed speed. Third, keep in mind we are talking winter riding. I don't see a lot of fat biker's doing 3 hr rides with huge elevation gains. I have been passed by fat bikers in deep snow but if it is icy or hard pack snow then it's see ya later dude.
Cheers
Why are we talking about Fat Bikes ..in your original post you mentioned regular bikes ..which to me is an MTB .( not a fat bike )
30+ miles and 4000ft elevation was the type of riding I was doing on a normal bike ..which is just about achievable on my ebike depending on conditions ..but its touch & go with one battery..
You also made no mention of the fact that you were using two batteries ..which is not the norm for most ebikers ..at least not in the UK ..where believe it or not we also get minus temperatures , snow and ice ..( at least in the hills & mountains of Northern England / Scotland / Wales )
My ride on Saturday..-5c
Snow on the higher ground but starting to melt ..more forecast for this coming Tuesday ..( Storm Barra )
We had 100mph winds last Friday..( Storm Arwen ) ..so I'm well aware of what extreme winter conditions are like ..although only a madman would have ventured out on any type of bike in that !
Depending on what mode you are using 12mph is pretty average ..

Utah Rider

Jul 4, 2019
Utah
It was not my intent to hijack this thread. I just thought I would point out that there were other options than fancy gloves for winter riding. I will also acquiesce to your assertion that bikes with motors and batteries do not travel farther and faster than "regular" bikes.
cheers (y);)

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles