100% brisker cold weather gloves review

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
I wear them for most of the year until it gets either really cold or really wet. In the wet they soak up water like a sponge and the wind chill makes it feel like I'm wearing ice cubes.

Bones

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Apr 3, 2020
Harrogate
Well I got the xl size for my skinny hands. The cuffs are really small and it makes them hard to get on.
Today's ride was about - 5 and they were useless at stopping my hands from getting cold.
Ended up swopping with a mate and he also said they were very poor at stopping the cold.

RustyMojo

Oct 30, 2021
Gloucestershire
The Brisker has a Velcro strap opening… I have large hands and never a problem. Do you mean Briskers or the Hydromatic gloves which don’t have the Velcro opening. The Brisker is a cold weather glove and the hydromatic is a thinner waterproof glove. Seem to remember them also making a brisker waterproof as well in the past.
Unless things have changed since I last bought some last year

Bones

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Apr 3, 2020
Harrogate
These have a Velcro fla

16381150660161089485716824228798.jpg

RustyMojo

Oct 30, 2021
Gloucestershire
Well I don’t know what to say! All of my group were wearing them today. But it wasn’t -5 in Monmouthshire and on reflection I don’t think -5 is reasonable to expect toasty hands from a pair of microfibre gloves backed gloves! Universally they seem to score 5 stars in product review tests!

RustyMojo

Oct 30, 2021
Gloucestershire
Perhaps they just don't suit a soft yorkshireman 😅
Or maybe, you just need to look at a full winter riding glove. I’m happy to ride in Briskers through the winter and have ridden in them in the snow. But it blooming cold and windy this weekend. So if you are struggling maybe look at some full winter gloves. Rather than single later microfibre ones.

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
No gloves at all is a better option than 100% briskers
The concept behind them is massively flawed.

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
I agree the Briskers are not great.

in search of some decent gloves I found the Endura Freezing Point gloves.

tested today in 0 degrees (2 degrees max at some point) and had to take them off halfway through the day as they were too hot.

expensive. Decent.

Bones

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Apr 3, 2020
Harrogate
Cheers Rob. The gloves I swapped with were endura. No idea what flavour.
When I swapped back I used some latex gloves as liners which helped.

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
I use neoprene windsurfing gloves. Warm and stay warm if wet , not bulky plus great grip on the bars. The ones I use are C Skins brand.

InRustWeTrust

E*POWAH Master
Mar 9, 2020
Sweden
I bought these gloves just to test as they were quite cheap and it turned out to be a great buy.

they are water-repellent, not too hot and have a rubber grip on the fingers which means that you get more grip and you can press the phone without having to take off your gloves.
Screenshot_20211128-192517_Samsung Internet.jpg

2WheelsNot4

E*POWAH Master
Oct 17, 2021
Scotland
Im still using a pair of Spesh neoprene lobster claws I've had for the last 20 years. Thin pair of altura standard gloves underneath, and Chiba waterproof (they aren't but i fabsil them before winter sets in proper) lobster claw outers.

Not just the bike, I use them camping Scottish winters in Glen Etive, when its -10c and in the wind.

Last edited:

Bones

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Apr 3, 2020
Harrogate
Wore my Briskers today for the first time, Temp was around 0 and I have to agree with the OP they weren't very good my hands were freezing
Looking like we both have a Christmas shopping list 👍

RustyMTB

Jul 22, 2020
UK
I agree the Briskers are not great.

in search of some decent gloves I found the Endura Freezing Point gloves.

tested today in 0 degrees (2 degrees max at some point) and had to take them off halfway through the day as they were too hot.

expensive. Decent.

This will come over as terribly pedantic & I really don't mean it that way but at around zero degrees, we're roughly about as cold as it gets here, give or take & so if your gloves are a bit much at that point, it's no better than a pair that leave you freezing? I'm in the market for some freshies but like everyone, definitely want to find the sweet spot.

Weirdly I rode today with a pair of no brand, let the air through thinnnies I found in a drawer & after ten minutes or so, my hands warned up & stayed there all day.

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
This will come over as terribly pedantic & I really don't mean it that way but at around zero degrees, we're roughly about as cold as it gets here, give or take & so if your gloves are a bit much at that point, it's no better than a pair that leave you freezing?
Eh?!

I took them off and put on a thinner pair as my hands were quite warm. Have you ever had an extra layer on your body and taken it off once you’d warmed up? Much the same with the gloves. We started riding at 10am when it waa freezing cold. By 1pm after a few hours riding it had warmed up a small amount(so had my hands) so i put on a thinner pair.

Had I started in the Fox Flexair gloves I’d probably have had freezing cold hands all morning.

RustyMTB

Jul 22, 2020
UK
Eh?!

I took them off and put on a thinner pair as my hands were quite warm. Have you ever had an extra layer on your body and taken it off once you’d warmed up?
I have Rob but not with gloves, which is why I asked. Not too hot, not too cold, that's all I was after finding out.

RustyMojo

Oct 30, 2021
Gloucestershire
It was -1 when I started at 9am in Staunton FoD, like I said I was fine as were my whole riding group who all wear them at this time of year.

MrSimmo

E*POWAH Elite
Apr 24, 2020
The Trail.
I honestly don’t know what the problem is, I went out for a ride and rode back in minus -1 with Briskers on and didnt feel cold hands when I’d got back…

That said, I’d had several whiskeys in the pub during the ride and couldn’t feel much, or work out where I was riding. Oh and I’d lost one of the Briskers on the way home.

So all in all, a conclusive test 👍

In all seriousness though, they’re ok but my MT500’s are warmer

Bones

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Apr 3, 2020
Harrogate
I can only assume my circulation is poor compared to other people, but like I said the guy I swapped gloves with soon wanted them back 😳

carlton

Sep 6, 2021
Wokingham
I wore my 100% Briskers yesterday for the first time and I'd have to agree that they aren't as good as the online reviews would have you believe. They were better than my old gloves and their lack of bulk is great. At several points my hands felt cold but they never went numb or into cramps which they would do with my old gloves. So I'd rate them as good but I'm still looking for the perfect winter gloves

Sofaboy73

May 26, 2020
UK
Today's ride was about - 5 and they were useless at stopping my hands from getting cold.

they're not really designed to work down to those temps, they're a fairly thin windproof glove. what they are good at is for the the autumn to spring period when it's too cold for normal gloves but above freezing. the Hydromatic ones are a little warmer but for anything below -1 / -2 i'd be reaching for my neoprene gloves, great a keeping you hands warm, if not wet - just don't take them off mid ride otherwise it's a like wearing blocks of ice for the first couple of minutes until they warm up again

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles