Öhlins TTX

YT_DAVE88

Feb 9, 2020
Crumlin South Wales
hey guys and girls, I have taken the plunge and ordered the TTX for my 2019 pro race. I have used a spring calculator to work out the spring rate. my riding weight plus motor and battery is coming back with 548lb spring suggestion. My questions are, I have seen riders a lot lighter than myself using higher spring rate springs doing the same sort of riding as myself on the same bike. I ride a little bit of everything, im not a fan of huge jumps or drops so to make it easier I ride blue and red trails, technical climbs and the occasional 3-4ft drops. one reason for the switch to coil is the fox x2 even on 260-280psi in the high setting on the flip chip I am still smashing pedals on everything on rocky climbs. with the flip chip set to low on decents there's no weight on the back wheel so the front is washing out. I have gone tubeless and run 28psi front 25psi rear. so would 548lb spring be about right or will I need a higher rate spring? I know its only opinions and the real test is to get out and ride but would like to have a good starting point. cheers

Sapientiea

Jul 12, 2019
Netherlands
Actually never owned a coil spring. I weigh 100kg without gear....do they actually make spings for me? And if so, how much weight variation can it accomodate? I sometimes do small trips without pack and big days out....extra weight could easily change by 3-5 kg!

YT_DAVE88

Feb 9, 2020
Crumlin South Wales
Actually never owned a coil spring. I weigh 100kg without gear....do they actually make spings for me? And if so, how much weight variation can it accomodate? I sometimes do small trips without pack and big days out....extra weight could easily change by 3-5 kg!
I am 102kg with out riding gear so I am going to try some coils and set ups. Once I find the right setting and spring combinations I’ll will do a little write up on here.

Fx1

Auto WARNING : Possible Duplicate user : "Zero"
Feb 6, 2020
GB
What size is the coil shock for this bike?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles