Bearing Man
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Articles About Post areas

• Hi, my Shimano E8000 motor is doing what I've seen in youtube as "duck noise" .
    I sent it to your partner in Spain Tech-Ebike (Sacha is the name of the guy who did it) to get the bearing replaced and it still does the noise. I told him the issue still continues but he has not given me a solution.
    Could it come from the sprag bearings? Do you know where can I find them?
    Thanks a lot
    Bearing Man
    Bearing Man
    Hi Jordi, I responded to your email. đź‘Ť
    hello, I'm sorry for the trouble, can you make a video how you disassemble and reassemble the plate because in my country Moldova there is no service that can repair this type of bike. Motor: Yamaha PW-X.
    HI! - I'm thinking of purchasing a Canyon Strive ON despite really wanting the Torque ON purely because the Strive has a Bosch motor. Is this a good idea? I'm just really weary of the fact that EP8 motors seems to be unreliable and a pain in the ass to warranty/service..
    Bearing Man
    Bearing Man
    We do not currently deal with Shimano so I can't really comment. My usual comment to these types of questions is that many people do many thousands of miles on their ebikes without any issues. This means that it is sometimes better to buy with your heart than buy with your head.
    E
    Enonchong
    Thanks Bearing Man. - Only issue, buying with my heart could lead to me not getting to ride my bike for extended periods of time in this instance haha
    Hello Would you have parts for a E8000 I need the magnet next to the torque sensor
    Hi! How good an idea is it to lubricate the outside of the joints as well?
    Bearing Man
    Bearing Man
    You can put a smear of long life tacky grease on the outside of the bearings if you want. It won't help for long but it won't harm either. don't use oil as it will seep through into the motor and the motors are not designed to have oil in there. (Makes a proper mess!).
    rolandporogi0622
    rolandporogi0622
    gen2

Here's a picture.
    Is it a good idea to apply grease to prevent water from getting inside the drive unit?
    Bearing Man
    Bearing Man
    Yes, just for water.
    Hi, just about to fit a Bafang M600, someways back I seem to think you made a comment about needing additional seals /protection between the pedals and crank seals for this motor, am I correct in this ? Or can you point me in the general direction of what to look for on these motors in regards to UK mud proofing :)

Thanks.
    W
    Waynemarlow
    Thanks, you have outer X seals that go between the pedal face and the outer seal face on the crank for the Brose, I'm wondering if they maybe are worth fitting on this motor as the setup is pretty similar ?

Bearing Man
    Bearing Man
    These are for the Brose motor and won't be much good on the bearing configuration of the Bafang I'm afraid.
    W
    Waynemarlow
    Thanks
    Hi Peter, thank you very much for your offer. This week I'm going to pick up the bike from the dealer and check to see if the two torque sensor pins are properly connected. If I need a component, I will contact you. ;)
    Hello . I have a Trek powerfly ( 2019) with Bosch CX . and a DIY guy

Can you rec what to do to servicing the motor ? things to be changed ? .
    Can you supply the special parts ? , or is it common marked parts for gaskets -bearings etc ( when you are in the business).
    Best regards
    Ulf
    Bearing Man
    Bearing Man
    These motors should not be serviced, only fixed if they start to fail. The motors will do 50,000 miles +
    If anything does fail, we stock all internal parts and bearings. Just take a look at our site www.performancelinebearings.com
    U
    Ulf Nilsen
    Thank's for your information . with my about 2000-3000 km = 1860 miles a year , it will last ... until I do not cycle anymore ... , I'm 63
    best regards Ulf
    Bearing Man
    Bearing Man
    Just one problem, if you get water in them you could be looking at less than 150 miles!! Trick is to keep them dry ?
    Do you fix Shimano motors? My mate's motor is out of warranty and the bearings sound a bit rough.
    Bearing Man
    Bearing Man
    We no longer work on Shimano. Sorry I couldn’t help.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…