Help needed on Kenevo motor

SGH

May 8, 2018
Tongham
Hi,

Help Needed!

Has anyone one had a problem with their Specialized Kenevo motor turning on but not giving any power output. Walk assist still works.

* Battery is fully changed
* I’ve taken the battery out and replaced it again.

I have just downloaded and connected to the BELevo app. Not sure if this had anything to do with it.

I have turn the phone off and still no output.

Any advice greatly appreciated!

Last edited:

Shane’s1000rr

Apr 4, 2018
County Durham
Hi,

Help Needed!

Has anyone one had a problem with their Specialized Kenevo motor turning on but not giving any power output. Walk assist still works.

* Battery is fully changed
* I’ve taken the battery out and replaced it again.

I have just downloaded and connected to the BELevo app. Not sure if this had anything to do with it.

I have turn the phone off and still no output.

Any advice greatly appreciated!
Yes mines in the dealership now

Kenevo1971

Mar 21, 2018
Cumbria
Hi, I’ve had the same problem on a few times now, the only way I can get power back is by altering the power settings on the mission control app. I only move the sliders about a little bit and then it fixed the power ??

Shane’s1000rr

Apr 4, 2018
County Durham
Mine was doing that then I would alter it it would be ok for ten mins or so then no power at all but lights still on lbs thought they had sorted it by update motor and battery but same thing happened on first hill I tried still got no bike two weeks later

npatrix

May 22, 2018
Joburg, South Africa
Hi, I’ve had the same problem on a few times now, the only way I can get power back is by altering the power settings on the mission control app. I only move the sliders about a little bit and then it fixed the power ??
mission control app has a lot of bugs, many times iPhone can't find the bike... and when it does, shows no settings on infinite tune :sick: Spez need to up their game here!!!

SGH

May 8, 2018
Tongham
The bike is back at the local bike shop where I purchased it, booked in for Monday to see if they can identify the problem.

The staff at Peadl Heaven Fleet Hampshire are great. This is why I like purchasing from local shops.

I will post an update, hopefully next week.

Happy riding.

Shane’s1000rr

Apr 4, 2018
County Durham
The bike is back at the local bike shop where I purchased it, booked in for Monday to see if they can identify the problem.

The staff at Peadl Heaven Fleet Hampshire are great. This is why I like purchasing from local shops.

I will post an update, hopefully next week.

Happy riding.
Please do be interesting to see what the outcome is against mine rang shop today said there working on it but still no further forward with it ?

SGH

May 8, 2018
Tongham
Update

Steve the mechanic from Pedal Heaven called me today to give me an update.

He had swapped out my motor and still the bike didn’t work! As with my motor the walk assist works but no power when you ride! He changed the cable from the charging cap and this made no difference.
Next he called specialized and together they reckoned it’s the speed sensor cable.

Steve is now waiting for the new cable to be delivered.

Fingers crossed, as Steve said ‘it cannot be anything else’. This guy knows his stuff.

To be continued?

Dax

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 25, 2018
FoD
This is why I like purchasing from local shops.

Maybe ebike will be the saviour of the lbs! I definitely wanted local support with mine. Hope you get it fixed soon

SGH

May 8, 2018
Tongham
I have heard back from the bike shop today, New speed sensor cable fitted motor does work, the mechanic switches the motor out and try’s another motor and that one works.

Looks like the cable and motor both are faulty. New motor on order.

I asked why does the walk assist work on the faulty motor. Apparently this is wired in a different way!

He’s got a Levo booked in with the same problem.

Read this forum sounds like specialized has a faulty batch of motors!

Still to be continued. Missing my ?

SGH

May 8, 2018
Tongham
It’s coming home it’s coming my Kenevo coming home!?

After two weeks in the bike shop and new speed sensor cable and new motor, the bike shop called to say it’s fixed.

Great service from the bike shop, they are going to deliver the bike back to me.

Questions around Specialized speed to turn things around and support there local bike shop, but it’s done now.

Happy riding.

Dax

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 25, 2018
FoD
It's mounted on the rear disc. There are apps that will unlock it past 15mph, but they void your warranty, if you get caught.

Reactions: SGH

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles