Would you ride it? Turbo Creo SL with all new motor

galaga187

E*POWAH Master
Apr 15, 2018
Wroughton
Rob this bike with Blevo style heart rate and more importantly power level control would be popular for roadies training. Do you know how accurate the power meters are and did you get to play with it’s app?

Brendog78

Jun 12, 2019
Australia
I can see a market for it, something that will suite people that aren't super fit or recovering from injury. People that love the social side of riding but don't have the time to keep as fit as there mates.

Not sure I would ride one, but would love to see a super light weight motor like this in a mtb. Enough power to take some sting out of the climb while still keeping the bike as light as possible.

bobh3501

Jan 5, 2019
California
I've always been a road bike rider and while I am 62 now I still go on 25-50 mile road rides a couple of times a week. I used to ride more but have the emtb now as well. I can totally see getting something like this in the next few years to extend range and ride more hills. It is a slightly better situation in the US as the cut-out is 28mph for e-road.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Mahle are a company I am very happy to see entering the Mid drive market - their hub drive kit as seen on Orbea, Pinarello etc is a top bit of kit, and the company itself is a powerhouse when it comes to Electric and other drive systems - to anyone who doesn't know the company is a continuation of the original Cosworth engineering firm.

Dax

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 25, 2018
FoD
That looks super useful as a training tool, particularly if your short of time and don't ride as much as you should

Srade3

Jun 12, 2019
Santa Cruz, CA
I definitely will demo one. It's rather expensive and I thought my Levo MTB was already expensive. I've heard that the motor gives you 2x personal power, but they *may* be coming out with one that is 4x personal power which will be closer to the Levo torque and power.

33red

Jun 12, 2019
Quebec, Canada
Maybe the proper question is when you buy, does it include 1, 2, 3, 4 motors? When in the shop do u get a replacement bike? Is the new cool-aid better? or is it bitter?

Srade3

Jun 12, 2019
Santa Cruz, CA
Are there any specs to compare this to the Orbea Gain, which is a pedal assist only road bike that is lightweight to the Specialized Creo? I've demoed the Orbea Gain and it is great for a little "extra boost" on hills, but doesn't overwhelm you like other e-bikes. 250 watt battery and ebikemotion rear hub motor. Not nearly as strong as the turbo mode on the Specialized Levo. On a 17% hill on the Orbea Gain, even in top mode I had to work pretty hard. On the Levo it was a breeze. Just wondered where the Creo is going to be compared to these bikes.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
The Creo is very much in the gives you a little bit extra rather than a big shove category

33red

Jun 12, 2019
Quebec, Canada
I've always been a road bike rider and while I am 62 now I still go on 25-50 mile road rides a couple of times a week. I used to ride more but have the emtb now as well. I can totally see getting something like this in the next few years to extend range and ride more hills. It is a slightly better situation in the US as the cut-out is 28mph for e-road.
Maybe 4 years ago i looked at legal max(i am in Quebec) and i do not remember that. Is it new? In the majority of states? I had in mind that 20mph was quite universal in north america. So even an e-mountain would be legal up to 28 when on road?

Benson

Sep 19, 2018
Hampshire UK
I completely understand why people with injuries, disabilities or the elderly would be interested in this or perhaps well off fatties who want to keep up with their roadie friends or partners. However, these are not going to be adopted by the majority of existing road cyclists with any degree of fitness. Their purpose differs massively to eMTB.

Welshman

Subscriber
Nov 8, 2018
South wales
I completely understand why people with injuries, disabilities or the elderly would be interested in this or perhaps well off fatties who want to keep up with their roadie friends or partners. However, these are not going to be adopted by the majority of existing road cyclists with any degree of fitness. Their purpose differs massively to eMTB.
Well done for putting 4 e bike stereotypes into one post...........tell me which one you are on your Emtb so we know what we are dealing with???

33red

Jun 12, 2019
Quebec, Canada
Some lazy guy with a car thinks i am fat, injured, old because i recently bought an Ebike. He is not alone. I know Ecars are dumb. Most electricity is not clean so there is 0 improvement. Still traffic jams. Still 1 person/car over 90% of the time. Still parking problems. Still weapons giving a free pass to kill pedestrians and cyclists. Well i have been car free for 20 years so i pedal to the trails and back. My 28 in waist like when i was 16, my 4 hrs daily on my fatbike non assist does not fit in. I only have an injured toe, not a problem.

Benson

Sep 19, 2018
Hampshire UK
Well done for putting 4 e bike stereotypes into one post...........tell me which one you are on your Emtb so we know what we are dealing with???

Read it again, I’m saying that the reasons for owning an eMTB and an eRoad are different because road cycling and MTB are inherently different.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Ok this thread has gone massively off topic, and I would like to remind everyone that this isn't the kind of forum when you call people names etc, and it also isn't the kind of forum where we go on a rant about social problems or anything political.

p060064h

Jun 19, 2019
Exeter
I'm a roadie and can push 400w for 20 mins so pretty fit.
I'd get a Creo.

Benson

Sep 19, 2018
Hampshire UK
I'm a roadie and can push 400w for 20 mins so pretty fit.
I'd get a Creo.

I’m genuinely curious, what would you use it for? I think riding with non powered riders could be an issue; fellow roadies would likely resent the assistance and casual riders wouldn’t be able to keep up. Perhaps a tool on recovery days?

galaga187

E*POWAH Master
Apr 15, 2018
Wroughton
I’m genuinely curious, what would you use it for? I think riding with non powered riders could be an issue; fellow roadies would likely resent the assistance and casual riders wouldn’t be able to keep up. Perhaps a tool on recovery days?
I use my levo for recovery rides already - I trained for Mallorca 312 (167 distance) road event entirely on the Levo, no sweating it out in the garage on Zwift. The only roadies that might resent this are people that have only recently started riding - probably ex- golfers. The extended power options mean this would be great for flying with the bike. As a gravel bike it should be a great package to lure riders from MTB or road.

p060064h

Jun 19, 2019
Exeter
I like riding my bike a Creo would enable me to ride further. Especially in Europe when a 20 mile climb can take over 2 hours. On the Creo I could enjoy 3 or 4 different mountains in one day.

lumpy

🚁 CHOPPER 🚁
Nov 26, 2018
SF Bay Area
I took one for a spin today. Wow - it's really sweet. The power delivery is incredibly smooth and seamless. It doesn't feel electric - it just feels fast.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles