used bike and warranty

mariner

Jun 4, 2019
England
Couple of this years bikes 'low mileage one careful owner' etc appearing.
Do emtb warranties go with the bike or original owner?
When it comes to motors and batteries are replacements being honoured if not original owner?
Any manufacturers better than others or ones to avoid?
If I needed to claim would I have to go through original supplier or can I go direct?

Specialized Rider Care

Official Specialized
Subscriber
Official Specialized
Jul 12, 2018
Hi @mariner - if you're the second (or later) owner of a Specialized or Roval product, you're eligible for a two-year warranty from the date of the original retail purchase. That includes our Turbo bikes and applies to all products sold after July 1, 2018 - just make sure you get the original proof of purchase.

Global Specialized warranty policy - Global Warranty Page | Specialized.com

Last edited:

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
With Shimano the motor and battery system is warrantied for 2 years from date of purchase, as long as you have a copy of the original receipt/proof of purchase.

This is irrespective of the bike it is fitted too.

Kiwi in Wales

Short cranks rule!🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carmarthen, Wales
Hi @mariner - if you're the second (or later) owner of a Specialized or Roval product, you're eligible for a two-year warranty from the date of the original retail purchase. That includes all of our Turbo bikes - just make sure you get the original proof of purchase.

Global Specialized warranty policy - Global Warranty Page | Specialized.com

I believe forgot this very important bit @Specialized Rider Care ;)

It applies to all Specialized products sold after July 1, 2018’

Kiwi in Wales

Short cranks rule!🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carmarthen, Wales
With Shimano the motor and battery system is warrantied for 2 years from date of purchase, as long as you have a copy of the original receipt/proof of purchase.

This is irrespective of the bike it is fitted too.
Hi @R120
Does the warranty follow the bike to the second or third owner? I know there are a lot of warranties out there that only cover you if you are the original owner :(

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
I spoke with Madison (uk shimano distributor) today, and they said as long as it is sent in to them by a shop with an account with them, it doesn’t matter where the bike was bought as long as you have proof of purchase. I didn’t specifically ask about if the bike was second hand, but my understanding is that the warranty process is via the shop who send it in rather than the owner of the bike, so as long as motor is within two year period it doesn’t matter

Marke

Jun 17, 2018
West Yorkshire
If a bosch motor fails, you get a new 2 year warranty with the new motor. AFAIK. If specialized offered this as well as making the warranty transferable they'd truly be market leaders. For me motor warranty is extremely important.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles