Yt Decoy TERRIBLE SERVICE

Nwilko

May 12, 2019
Midlands
Sounds like manufacture has either cashflow issues or supply chain probs. Either way go elsewhere 6k and shoddy service aint on. I can vouch for leisure lakes based on buying a levo shown as in stock when on holiday, by the time i got home it had been pdi'd and delivered to me by parcelfarce with only 2days delay all fault of leisure lakes. That included buying on 0% finance too. Wouldn't risk 6k with anyone showing not in stock..

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
I suspect the parts in question are the battery, as that's the only part of the bike component wise that is bespoke to YT and not available form the usual suppliers

Wadders

May 20, 2019
Woking
I suspect the parts in question are the battery, as that's the only part of the bike component wise that is bespoke to YT and not available form the usual suppliers
Unless the other components are in difficult supply due to promising some of the bigger manufacturers the components as priority. ?‍♂️ Either way, no excuse for no communication and shit service

Rob in a field

Jul 10, 2019
UK
--- Update ---

Just had notification from YT that my order has been cancelled and from PayPal that I have been refunded and the money should land back in my account in the next few days.

Cant really fault the service or speed of resolution, it just seems that they have over promised and under delivered when it comes to delivery. The bikes really do look awesome, such a shame.

Rob

Wadders

May 20, 2019
Woking
--- Update ---

Just had notification from YT that my order has been cancelled and from PayPal that I have been refunded and the money should land back in my account in the next few days.

Cant really fault the service or speed of resolution, it just seems that they have over promised and under delivered when it comes to delivery. The bikes really do look awesome, such a shame.

Rob
had the same result, cancelled today after they said I would have another 4week delay, so October delivery!! sod that - its a mountain bike the end of the day!!

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
its a mountain bike the end of the day!!
But the mountain will still be there ! :)

Ive gone for the Modraker XR. Ive looked at all the options and any of the new 2020 bikes are going to be October! im not patient enough!

I have to say, I'd be with you there, the thought of waiting x MONTHS for a bike would blow my mind, I'm too impatient and life's too short. I'm sure they'll all be amazing, but as we all know, everytime something is THE NEXT new thing and it's 20% faster, 20% more efficient .. in reality, in real life .. na .. it's not much different. I thought you were keen on the Propane, so what swung it in the end ?

Wadders

May 20, 2019
Woking
But the mountain will still be there ! :)

I have to say, I'd be with you there, the thought of waiting x MONTHS for a bike would blow my mind, I'm too impatient and life's too short. I'm sure they'll all be amazing, but as we all know, everytime something is THE NEXT new thing and it's 20% faster, 20% more efficient .. in reality, in real life .. na .. it's not much different. I thought you were keen on the Propane, so what swung it in the end ?
Again its the wait, propane was saying September but not a guaranteed date..... Lovely looking bike and great value but then I thought again if it goes wrong it's back to Germany and I get the feeling that the "German" aftercare to a minion like me is at minimal priority. I guess just more peace of mind getting it from a LBS in the uk.

Why the Mondraker, well I've got a Foxy RR carbon which has been a great bike with zero trouble. Its got this weird forward Geo, but I actually like the agility of it.

So yeah, got 20% off the Mondraker. Hopefully here soon.......

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Why the Mondraker, well I've got a Foxy RR carbon which has been a great bike with zero trouble. Its got this weird forward Geo, but I actually like the agility of it.

So yeah, got 20% off the Mondraker. Hopefully here soon.......

It's funny how looks, desire and excitement can initially win over long term thoughts of support. Lets face it, unless we've been very lucky, we've all been there with the opposite sex (or same sex, no judging here, but couldn't decide how to write that without it sounding dumb). Yet we still do it even with eMTB's .. :)

As we've said before on here, we live in happy times where pretty much anything you buy will be amazing. I'm sure it will be incredible .. and you shouldn't have to wait long .

We should nickname you "Bond" .. as it sounds a bit like moonraker ...

And remember, if you need more excitement off the bike, @Rob Hancill is looking for three lucky compatriots to join him in the 2020 bobsleigh less butt bobsleigh team ... thanks @Mydriaze for that one :)

Wadders

May 20, 2019
Woking
It's funny how looks, desire and excitement can initially win over long term thoughts of support. Lets face it, unless we've been very lucky, we've all been there with the opposite sex (or same sex, no judging here, but couldn't decide how to write that without it sounding dumb). Yet we still do it even with eMTB's .. :)

As we've said before on here, we live in happy times where pretty much anything you buy will be amazing. I'm sure it will be incredible .. and you shouldn't have to wait long .

We should nickname you "Bond" .. as it sounds a bit like moonraker ...

And remember, if you need more excitement off the bike, @Rob Hancill is looking for three lucky compatriots to join him in the 2020 bobsleigh less butt bobsleigh team ... thanks @Mydriaze for that one :)
PMSL...... What are you going on about? ? ? ?

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
PMSL...... What are you going on about? ? ? ?

Well Bond, do you mind if we call you Bond ? ... but please don't call me moneypenny ..

You can call @Mydriaze "Le Chiffre" in this thread .. I think he was a French Bond Villain ! that seems very appropriate ..

As most of what I said was very very sensible .. I can only guess you're referring to "Robsleigh" ..

That was in the original wrongly spelt megavalanc(h)e thread if you missed it :

2019 Megavalance on Ebikes - EMTB Forums

Wadders

May 20, 2019
Woking
Well Bond, do you mind if we call you Bond ? ... but please don't call me moneypenny ..

You can call @Mydriaze "Le Chiffre" in this thread .. I think he was a French Bond Villain ! that seems very appropriate ..

As most of what I said was very very sensible .. I can only guess you're referring to "Robsleigh" ..

That was in the original wrongly spelt megavalanc(h)e thread if you missed it :

2019 Megavalance on Ebikes - EMTB Forums
I get the Mondraker bit with reference to Bond..... I'll take that.... So u saying that Mondraker should be a good bike?

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
I get the Mondraker bit with reference to Bond..... I'll take that.... So u saying that Mondraker should be a good bike?

Sadly I'm no expert and never even seen one in real life, but from what I've read, rather than experienced, I think it will be incredible and when you ride it you won't have a doubt in your mind that you've made the right choice.

Ah, I think I see where you're coming from now, you're concerned I was taking the pee ?? I wasn't ! I just felt with all the stress and exhausting seriousness that's involved with actually MAKING THE DECISSION .. that a bit of lunacy was required ! "Robsleigh" seemed to fit the bill perfectly !

I think @renedis is just about to go through the same painful experience of Parenting an EMTB..

Hello there! Looking for new emtb - EMTB Forums

Wadders

May 20, 2019
Woking
Sadly I'm no expert and never even seen one in real life, but from what I've read, rather than experienced, I think it will be incredible and when you ride it you won't have a doubt in your mind that you've made the right choice.

Ah, I think I see where you're coming from now, you're concerned I was taking the pee ?? I wasn't ! I just felt with all the stress and exhausting seriousness that's involved with actually MAKING THE DECISSION .. that a bit of lunacy was required ! "Robsleigh" seemed to fit the bill perfectly !

I think @renedis is just about to go through the same painful experience of Parenting an EMTB..

Hello there! Looking for new emtb - EMTB Forums
Yes, too stressful waiting so long. Especially when u got buddies on ebikes and I'm killing myself up hills ?

Jamsxr

E*POWAH Master
Mar 30, 2019
Surrey
There’s absolutely no point in hanging on unless your bike is a garage queen and you’re buying it to look at!

Averaging over 100km of trail riding per week since getting my eBike. I will learn more and get far more pleasure out of those few months compared to waiting for a particular bike.

Last edited:

Wadders

May 20, 2019
Woking
There’s absolutely no point in hanging on unless your bike is a garage queen and you’re buying it to look at!

Averaging over 100km of trail riding per week since getting my eBike. I will learn more and get far more pleasure out of those few months compared to waiting for a particular bike.
No point at all..... I can climb hills at the same rate as an ebike, but am f**ked when I get to the top. Lol

Wadders

May 20, 2019
Woking
Bond, there's no need to show off about the fine ladies you have waiting for you at the top of every successful climb. The rest of us just have to collapse and pant on our own :)

Jamsxr does speak words of wisdom though !
?Ladies my ass, can hardly breath never mind anything else...... Bond...... ? ? ? ? ?

Wadders

May 20, 2019
Woking
What should I list my Mondraker Foxy R Carbon for?
IMG_20190427_212112_078.jpg

Larsey

Feb 4, 2018
MN
I ordered a Decoy Base late Monday night from YT USA and it was shipped on Wednesday morning. So pretty quick turn around. Hopefully have next Monday

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France

06z

Jun 2, 2019
Southern California
I ordered a Decoy Base late Monday night from YT USA and it was shipped on Wednesday morning. So pretty quick turn around. Hopefully have next Monday
So NO supply chain issues for the US for the base. I hope to get my Decoy in 3-4 weeks. It seems that the demand in Europe has hit YT harder than anticipated. There are some great 2020 bikes coming but the prices are still a little high in comparison in my opinion for the components that you get. I am glad I am waiting for the Decoy. For those who can't wait, I understand but don't kick yourself when you see a Decoy out on the trail!

jt21

Jun 10, 2019
United States
So NO supply chain issues for the US for the base. I hope to get my Decoy in 3-4 weeks. It seems that the demand in Europe has hit YT harder than anticipated. There are some great 2020 bikes coming but the prices are still a little high in comparison in my opinion for the components that you get. I am glad I am waiting for the Decoy. For those who can't wait, I understand but don't kick yourself when you see a Decoy out on the trail!
Only on the base....ordered a Pro Race the other day and like EU have a September delivery date....but I am fine with that as I live in Las Vegas so summer really is not our riding season. :D

Mydriaze

Jul 7, 2019
France
Only on the base....ordered a Pro Race the other day and like EU have a September delivery date....but I am fine with that as I live in Las Vegas so summer really is not our riding season. :D

It will be late October my dear, not September!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles