Norco Sight VLT

Richt20000

Jun 29, 2018
Uk
I had the same problem when I pool it my dhx2 coil on my VLT, blew thru travel even with a heavier spring and compression cranked. I purchased a mrp progressive coil (550/650) for my 190lb weight and couldn't be happier with the results. supple off top but as the coil gets to about 80% travel there's a sweet spot of extra cushion. almost feels like my evil wreckoning a bit. so much better than stock dpx2 shock.
Great to hear progressive coil worked out for you :)

maramouse

Mar 24, 2018
Genoa Italy
Has any of you Slight owners ridden a Decoy? I would like to see a comparison of the 2 bikes by someone who has actually ridden both.

it's very difficult... the norco is already a bike bought by a small circle of people and the yt decoy has just come out ...

33red

Jun 12, 2019
Quebec, Canada
I demoed the Norco 1 hr small and 1 hr med.
I liked the feeling of the bike.
I am not sure Shimano at that price makes sense.
Now i like my Haibike Yamaha but for our 4 seasons i might get a second Ebike.

Stray cat

Aug 24, 2018
On the trails
I demoed the Norco 1 hr small and 1 hr med.
I liked the feeling of the bike.
I am not sure Shimano at that price makes sense.
Now i like my Haibike Yamaha but for our 4 seasons i might get a second Ebike.

Why Shimano doesn't make sense at that price? What other option would you recommend?

Reactions: MsO

33red

Jun 12, 2019
Quebec, Canada
I have a Yamaha(Haibike) and the instant power is a wonderfull feature in my opinion and the range is great. I am in Canada and it seems the Shimano walk assist is not able here. I read even where available it is not that usefull and riders push up well i pedal up. The noise even on econo is unpleasant to me. The range seems to be low. Again in my opinion they came out with 2 strong points, light but others have catched up, name recognition, well they had no experience so Yamaha who was first has more credibility. Basically people buy Shimano because it is everywhere and some blind trust. Maybe you could start with a hardtail and have less depreciation because that Norco like others at that price will loose value real fast. Maybe a Giant with Yamaha?

Stray cat

Aug 24, 2018
On the trails
First ride Norco VLT2. Really impressive autonomy. Same as Brose and Shimano with 750Wh battery
The whole run are using turbo mod until drain the battery

Norco Sight VLT 2 im Test: Süßer als Ahornsirup? – eMTB-News.de

541DEADC-282B-42A0-8A5B-DD35B0B4CB63-1948-0000003BE8317249.jpg

B7979A5A-8775-4129-85CD-BEFE5F8A11D4-1948-0000003BF2C519E7.jpg

IMG_3502.jpg

IMG_3503.jpg

33red

Jun 12, 2019
Quebec, Canada

maramouse

Mar 24, 2018
Genoa Italy
suspension upgrade:
fork Fox 36 float grip2 170 factory 2020
shock Fox dhx2 2 position, used, disassembled from knolly fugitive lt with nukeproof light spring 450lb

20190725_151019.jpg

20190725_151014.jpg

Apr 25, 2019
Perth Western Australia
Hey all my VLT developed a problem today wondering if anyone else has experienced it. I was riding along and the system switched off completely. Pulled over went to restart, went along for a short distance, stopped again. Did this again and then it wouldn't restart, after multiple attempts eventually go going then stopped again 15 minutes later. Started again...stopped and wouldn't restart, steps screen came on and then switches straight off, occasionally the main screen would come on then it would switch off, some times would just go steps screen blank.

Took to a local bike shop (I had to buy in a different state as there were none to demo here) and it started up straight away. Guy there said it could be dirty contacts, said to give them a clean. I wasn't sure what was under the plastic covers as I hadn't taken off before, so anyway did that and cleaned everything I could with alocohol. Reassemble and looked all good for 5 minutes then same problem.

Anyone else with the same/similar experience ?

Dewi

Jan 9, 2019
Melbourne
Anyone else with the same/similar experience ?

Had almost identical problem.
Turned out to be moisture in charging port according to the shop and Shimano Australia. Not much and apparently it doesn't take much to cause it. I have since filled it with dielectric grease. Charger still works fine but hopefully it repels any moisture. Didn't have it happen again and I have done some muddy rides, deep puddles, garden hose washing etc.
Be careful washing or in deeper water, even the plug for the port has a small hole in it so if not careful some moisture may get it.

Apr 25, 2019
Perth Western Australia
Had almost identical problem.
Turned out to be moisture in charging port according to the shop and Shimano Australia. Not much and apparently it doesn't take much to cause it. I have since filled it with dielectric grease. Charger still works fine but hopefully it repels any moisture. Didn't have it happen again and I have done some muddy rides, deep puddles, garden hose washing etc.
Be careful washing or in deeper water, even the plug for the port has a small hole in it so if not careful some moisture may get it.

Thanks that does make sense, I noticed a bit of moisture there. Ok I'll follow that up as I left it at the shop!

iXi

E*POWAH Master
Feb 17, 2019
Brisbane
Never had this happen but glad you raised it, will know for future because no doubt it'll happen at some stage. It's a pretty crappy design. You'd think they would have attached the flap.

On another note has anyone installed a chain guard on the front chain ring or can it be done? I've had the chain come off a few times across heavy rock gardens at speed.

Dewi

Jan 9, 2019
Melbourne
On another note has anyone installed a chain guard on the front chain ring or can it be done? I've had the chain come off a few times across heavy rock gardens at speed.
My bodge. Works really well, need to make a prettier version.

20190107_180822.jpg

Reactions: iXi
I had very similar symptoms until it didn't turn on at all , and it turned out to be the wire from the display unit down to the motor was broken , the outer was in tact but the inner wire was broken , my shop fitted a 100 mm longer cable under warranty and it has been sweet ever since . Mine is a size Large and the technician at the shop diagnosed that the cable is a little short and was likely streched to breaking point in a crash or when the bars were turned to full lock while riding tight terrain .

Apr 25, 2019
Perth Western Australia
Thanks that does make sense, I noticed a bit of moisture there. Ok I'll follow that up as I left it at the shop!

Thanks Dewi!

Got it back from the shop and gave it a blow wave, took it for a spin, bummer still problem. Go back checked again a tiny bit of moisture still there so extra long blow dry (using relatively low temp as I figure too hot is not good for it) and seems to be all good now!

Axelnose

Oct 30, 2019
Adelaide Australia
Hey guys. How many of you have changed the tyres in your Sight VLT?
Thinking I want something a bit less flimsy but definitely not bigger than what’s in there now.
Anyone tried the Michelin 2.4 Wild Enduro tyres or maybe Assegai 2.5 combo
finding the front DHF would fold when cornering hard and the rear needs a lot of pressure to keep it from folding over in berms
Cheers

iXi

E*POWAH Master
Feb 17, 2019
Brisbane
When I bought the bike I had an assegai DD on the rear, was really good but chewed through the rubber fast as I didn't use the bike solely for trails. Once it died I put an aggressor on the back for a bit less rolling resistance but as it's not DD it needs lots of pressure for the knocks which then makes it slide a lot and I don't feel confident in it. When it dies I'll put another assegai on the rear to go with the assegai exo+ I put on the front. I really like the assegai on the front more than the DHF it initially came with.

Dewi

Jan 9, 2019
Melbourne
I run Assegai DH soft F&R, love them but they wear fast. They come in a harder compound now but a weaker carcass

Axelnose

Oct 30, 2019
Adelaide Australia
Yeah I wouldn’t think the aggressor would give enough grip either under a 22kg bike.
How many kms are you getting out of the Assegai combo btw? I wish the dhr2 came in a 2.5 DD or DH casing. Would pair up nicely with a 2.5DHF on the 30mm rims. Not too round or square

iXi

E*POWAH Master
Feb 17, 2019
Brisbane
My DD assegai had done 1500ks but it was well and truly shagged. Should have binned it after 1000ks. The aggressor has done just shy of 2000ks and starting to look a bit ordinary. The assegai in the front is at 800ks and still great. I'm more a trail rider than enduro so not as hard on my tyres I guess.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles