Article Video: Megavalanche 2019

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
A brutal descent from 3300 metres at 20km in total, this is one of the worlds toughest downhill races. I was riding a Haibike AllMtn 7.5, Jon on the NDURO 6.0 and Andy on his own bike.

What an amazing bucket list experience! Thanks to Haibike for sponsoring the trip. Here's our race day experience.

HIGHL4NDER

Jul 10, 2019
Scotland (nr Edinburgh)
Fantastic achievement, great video. Was that hero 7 on a gimbal as well? was some extra set up on your chesty, assuming that's what it was.

Hope Andy is ok, massive respect for getting back on the bike and pushing through the obvious pain. Well done to all of you.

H.

miPbiP

E*POWAH Master
Jul 8, 2019
Surrey Hills.
you were lucky with that glacier slide Rob ... I take it you're not a skier. you once you start it's gravity's decision where you stop.

well done glad you're all down in 1 piece.

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Fantastic achievement, great video. Was that hero 7 on a gimbal as well? was some extra set up on your chesty, assuming that's what it was.

Hope Andy is ok, massive respect for getting back on the bike and pushing through the obvious pain. Well done to all of you.

H.
Yes Hero 7 with the Karma grip.

@ChilternsMTB is OK but cracked rib :-(

RCDallas

May 28, 2019
Italy
Congrats on a ballsy ride! Alive and in one piece was the perfect goal for this Mega event. Out of curiosity, any idea as to the age of the oldest rider to do the event is? Don't think I would ever attempt it myself at 57 but who knows after a few more years of experience...

Mydriaze

Jul 7, 2019
France
Congrats on a ballsy ride! Alive and in one piece was the perfect goal for this Mega event. Out of curiosity, any idea as to the age of the oldest rider to do the event is? Don't think I would ever attempt it myself at 57 but who knows after a few more years of experience...

Don't know, sorry. But, you can still do it if you want! Simply go to l'Alpe d'Huez, take the "téléphérique" (don't know how to translate this one), go to the glacier, and do the best ride of your life! You can do almost 80% (if not 100%) of the race. Great place to go!

RCDallas

May 28, 2019
Italy
Don't know, sorry. But, you can still do it if you want! Simply go to l'Alpe d'Huez, take the "téléphérique" (don't know how to translate this one), go to the glacier, and do the best ride of your life! You can do almost 80% (if not 100%) of the race. Great place to go!

The bottom 80% looked doable in the videos I've seen. It was that top 20% that was insane...or at least very intimidating! I would love to visit the area as it is loaded with trails for all levels of experience. On the list for sure.

coppa28

Jul 29, 2019
Germany
Exceptional ride plus awesome vid, congrats for finishing! Must have been an unbelievable experience. Greetings from Germany :)

Chriss111

Jan 16, 2020
Sweden
I have seen this clip many times since it's very well made. Wish it was longer than 12min ;-)
It gives you an idea how tough this race is, but I would like to see RobMTB's whole race :)

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles