2020 Specialized levo/kenevo rumors?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chieftain

Jun 23, 2019
plymouth
I have had so many bad experiences with LBS over the years: Inexperienced service people, hard sell tactics, etc. I it is hard count an LBS source as a positive.

A different approach: i have developed a relationship with an independent local mechanic. He is an expert and more than reasonable in his fees. I buy everything online (including my Yeti acoustic bikes, for instance) and have him work on any issues and upgrades. Financially I am way ahead of the game and quality of service is top notch.

If they key feature for paying thousands more on a Levo is LBS, IMO that is an objectively poor decision.

I bought my Levo from one of the best rated LBS in Colorado. They could not do basic fork and shock setup properly, they accidentally disposed of my Bluetooth system code, they were useless In getting the cockpit and saddle setup, etc etc.
I get what you are saying about some lbs I had I real issue when I was a kid with Halfords in Glasgow with a bike they repaired incorrectly and nearly put me under the wheels of a bus literally. The spec dealer were I live are pretty good and at least I’d have direct contact with the person who sold it to me. Also I could put the bike in the van and in 15min be in the shop asking them to sort it out. Or get me the parts. Packing a expensive bike up and sending it off would take time and would require me to be at home during the week for them to collect it and receive it. Plus with that u have all the different third parties to Deal with Shimano the courier and Yt who don’t seem to be that great to deal with at the moment. I just want to spend the right money and enjoy the bike hopefully. The yt is pound for pound on paper a better deal but harder to get hold of and test ride.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Either way the reality is that if you are looking at a Kenevo, 2 years ago there where perhaps one or two bikes you could compare it too, by later this year the long travel "super enduro" end of the EMTB market for want of a better phrase is going to be full of some pretty serious machinery, both in your LBS and direct sales.

They are going to have to come up with something pretty special given bikes like these are going to be giving it a good run for its money, and we haven't even seen half of what's going to be hitting the market:

Screenshot 2019-07-15 at 18.40.33.png

Screenshot 2019-07-03 at 22.05.00.png

Screenshot 2019-07-15 at 23.19.45.png

Screenshot 2019-07-15 at 23.20.22.png

Screenshot 2019-07-15 at 23.21.04.png

Screenshot 2019-07-15 at 23.21.50.png

06z

Jun 2, 2019
Southern California
I think that’s a bit of an overstatement, definitely looks the best though!
Well if you look at the components that come with the Decoy Pro and Pro Race is what I mean. The looks are fantastic but there are quite a few new bikes that look pretty good too.

Back to the 2020 Kenevo. Any info yet????

06z

Jun 2, 2019
Southern California
Either way the reality is that if you are looking at a Kenevo, 2 years ago there where perhaps one or two bikes you could compare it too, by later this year the long travel "super enduro" end of the EMTB market for want of a better phrase is going to be full of some pretty serious machinery, both in your LBS and direct sales.

They are going to have to come up with something pretty special given bikes like these are going to be giving it a good run for its money, and we haven't even seen half of what's going to be hitting the market:

View attachment 15974

View attachment 15975

View attachment 15976

View attachment 15977

View attachment 15978

View attachment 15979
Lots of nice bikes but how many of these will be available in the US?

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
I would have the thought the Commencal, Whyte and Mondraker would be available? And perhaps the rotwild

Chieftain

Jun 23, 2019
plymouth

View attachment 15974

View attachment 15975

View attachment 15976

View attachment 15977

View attachment 15978

View attachment 15979

Chieftain

Jun 23, 2019
plymouth
Your right there. The commencal sticks out for me as an alternative to the YT. I've seen a few of the std bikes around, funny enough I wanted one years ago but bought a stumpy because the commencal was too expensive. I hope spec bring the price down a bit due to the amount of less expensive higher spec competition there is now, as well as the economy of scale now that emtbs are selling more, but I doubt it.

Mydriaze

Jul 7, 2019
France
So today should be the day where "Something big" is coming....

My heart is bleeding... nothing right now.
I still keep my position about the new Levo. Bye Bye Comp Carbon, hello Alloy Levo with 700 wh battery.

For Kenevo, no news at the moment, but I still hope it will be before the end of the summer, or early september.

jemen

E*POWAH Master
Jun 1, 2018
Austria
My heart is bleeding... nothing right now.
I still keep my position about the new Levo. Bye Bye Comp Carbon, hello Alloy Levo with 700 wh battery.

For Kenevo, no news at the moment, but I still hope it will be before the end of the summer, or early september.
I will attend the dealers event at the SBCU in Holzkirchen at the end of July. I hope i will know everything after it ;-)

j.

Mydriaze

Jul 7, 2019
France
As I already said, I'm pretty sure of the new line-up.
No more Comp Carbon, cause with a 700wh battery, it was too close in price of the expert model.
New alloy comp model, with a 700 wh battery. Price will increase for the Expert model, perhaps +200 or 300 euros.

I found a shop at one our, who do a clearance on the 2019 models: 4700 euros instead àf 6800 for the comp carbon. Don't know what to think, it's a good price, but I'm hesitating.

miPbiP

E*POWAH Master
Jul 8, 2019
Surrey Hills.
As I already said, I'm pretty sure of the new line-up.
No more Comp Carbon, cause with a 700wh battery, it was too close in price of the expert model.
New alloy comp model, with a 700 wh battery. Price will increase for the Expert model, perhaps +200 or 300 euros.

I found a shop at one our, who do a clearance on the 2019 models: 4700 euros instead àf 6800 for the comp carbon. Don't know what to think, it's a good price, but I'm hesitating.

that would be a buy from me.

where are you in France? Compared to best published UK price I could jump in the car, come fetch it, go for a ride with you, stay in a beautiful gite and still be in profit.

Mydriaze

Jul 7, 2019
France
that would be a buy from me.

where are you in France? Compared to best published UK price I could jump in the car, come fetch it, go for a ride with you, stay in a beautiful gite and still be in profit.

This is the shop: Vaunage Passion Vélos – Magasin de Nîmes | Vaunage Passion Vélos

4700 euros my friend, it's a good deal! Don't know the size, I just remember he asked me if I was shaped like a viking or like a Oompa Loompa...

It's in Nimes, near the famous arena.

1.Buy a nice love holiday to your wife. Go to restaurant, buy flowers... be French.
2.Hang around the spec dealer, enter the shop
3.Look at the incredible deal, emphasize the fact that she can buy stuff with the money you saved
4.Make love/shag behind the specialized dealer and post picture on this forum
5.Thanks me later
6.Buy me a drink I live in one hour from Nimes, in the French beautiful pampa.

PS: I'm working at the moment, no holiday for me ;)

jemen

E*POWAH Master
Jun 1, 2018
Austria
This is the shop: Vaunage Passion Vélos – Magasin de Nîmes | Vaunage Passion Vélos

4700 euros my friend, it's a good deal! Don't know the size, I just remember he asked me if I was shaped like a viking or like a Oompa Loompa...

It's in Nimes, near the famous arena.

1.Buy a nice love holiday to your wife. Go to restaurant, buy flowers... be French.
2.Hang around the spec dealer, enter the shop
3.Look at the incredible deal, emphasize the fact that she can buy stuff with the money you saved
4.Make love/shag behind the specialized dealer and post picture on this forum
5.Thanks me later
6.Buy me a drink I live in one hour from Nimes, in the French beautiful pampa.

PS: I'm working at the moment, no holiday for me ;)
????

Lee Dove

Oct 12, 2018
Scotland
I don't know about Levo or Kenevo but apparently Specialized has a new killer e-road bike coming in about 2 weeks
I am really confused about why anyone would want a EBike in road Race form. Commuter bike I get but a high spec racer .... Everyone I know rides there road bikes faster than 15mph 99% of the time.

mitch1808

Jun 30, 2019
italy
Found this deal from a dealer quite close to me. What do you guys think? I have a Decoy CF Pro on order with pretty mch same price but much better components...
1563355495308.png

miPbiP

E*POWAH Master
Jul 8, 2019
Surrey Hills.
Found this deal from a dealer quite close to me. What do you guys think? I have a Decoy CF Pro on order with pretty mch same price but much better components...

I think that comes down to which bike you actually want - and do you want it right now or are you willing to wait (take a risk) on the Decoy?

I would choose the Levo, I am more a trail rider then enduro rider.

miPbiP

E*POWAH Master
Jul 8, 2019
Surrey Hills.
I am really confused about why anyone would want a EBike in road Race form. Commuter bike I get but a high spec racer .... Everyone I know rides there road bikes faster than 15mph 99% of the time.

new riders, and people with the cash to add an extra bike to their stable.

I think it's a new market not canibalising the existing market.

everyone you know rides > 15mph because you know committed cyclists. but amongst the general population the lowest common denominator is very low.

(I agree 15mph limit is much more restrictive on a road bike than on an MTB).

mitch1808

Jun 30, 2019
italy
I think that comes down to which bike you actually want - and do you want it right now or are you willing to wait (take a risk) on the Decoy?

I would choose the Levo, I am more a trail rider then enduro rider.
I dont know, If I have to spend that kind of money I will try to get the best bang for the buck hence Decoy? (supposed to arrive in a month).

Reactions: 06z

Frano

Jul 11, 2019
Chile
I checked USA specialized site today (I´m from Chile) and the "SHOP TURBO LEVO" link didn't work, so I checked the Kenevo link and it works.... so... in the URL I change Kenevo for Levo and I think this women's bike wasn´t there last week...

Turbo Levo | Specialized.com
levo woman.jpg

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles