Sporadic Surrey rides

Jamsxr

E*POWAH Master
Mar 30, 2019
Surrey
I’m always heading out sporadically so thought I would start a thread for off the cuff rides in the area. Not looking for big groups but it’s usually more fun, and safer, with a few of you!

I’m heading out Thursday if anyone is about ?

Surrey Hills, Tunnel Hill/Pirbright and Swinley are the usual destinations.

Jamsxr

E*POWAH Master
Mar 30, 2019
Surrey
Windhill was amazing, I got over twice the descending compared to my friend on his conventional bike. Very progressive stuff, great if you want to get better in the air.

Going to be riding Surrey tomorrow, Friday, Saturday and Sunday if anyone is about.. May even venture to Rogate ?

Maxb

Patreon
Nov 29, 2018
South East England
Windhill was amazing, I got over twice the descending compared to my friend on his conventional bike. Very progressive stuff, great if you want to get better in the air.

Going to be riding Surrey tomorrow, Friday, Saturday and Sunday if anyone is about.. May even venture to Rogate ?

Yes windhill is mega I particularly like the black tech trails , have yet to go there on my emtb how many runs did you get In? Think I did 16 on my last visit on my yeti I like the idea of doubling that ?

Jamsxr

E*POWAH Master
Mar 30, 2019
Surrey
Yes windhill is mega I particularly like the black tech trails , have yet to go there on my emtb how many runs did you get In? Think I did 16 on my last visit on my yeti I like the idea of doubling that ?

16 seems like a good effort, over a half day I easily got into double figures. My friend on his MTB was around 7. I was getting in a extra run and coming past him at the top of the push up! We did stop and session a few sections to be fair, but even then I was much quicker looping around.

The black run in the middle (next to the ridiculous pro line) was great fun.

Last edited:

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
No I was there for a brief ride earlier, but the bike developed an error code which cat the ride short.

Trails running fast and loose

miPbiP

E*POWAH Master
Jul 8, 2019
Surrey Hills.
Checking in, watch turned on. Don't have an e- yet, keen to try a few if anyone's willing. You get a go on my clockwork Evil Following, or a complementary cheese straw.

miPbiP

E*POWAH Master
Jul 8, 2019
Surrey Hills.
I'm doing a bike test on Monday lunchtime, probably mostly around Leith & Holmbury classics, over to Pitch & Winterfold if there's time & energy. Ping me on a conversation if anyone fancies it.

Got a chest infection so pace will be relaxed. Singletrack rather than loony gnarly stuff. Might be some reps of trails to get a feel for the bike.

Jamsxr

E*POWAH Master
Mar 30, 2019
Surrey
Anyone riding in the evening this week?

I’m also keen to get to Windhill on Saturday if anyone is game..

Topov

Don't forget Surey is buggered this weekend with the bike races
surrey.jpg

miPbiP

E*POWAH Master
Jul 8, 2019
Surrey Hills.
Nah. Surrey is improved this weekend by bike races.

One day a year we wake up to no traffic noise and the kids can run around town without being squashed by a **** in a Range Rover.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles