YT Decoy thread part 2

Nasty Nick

Dec 4, 2018
Ventura, CA US
Just for your info Carbon is 2-5 (depending on layup) times stiffer compared to Alyy and Steel ;) This based on Engineering measurements of course not Jedi sensitivity.:cool:

Test it yourself, you will see you can flex it. Or just go into boost mode in a steep incline and change gears.

Just look at the chainstays they are stiff in up/down motion but not designed to handle high lateral loads. We are talking about 70nm + my power.

You really think I am making this up as an owner of a decoy? Why would I? ;) it just feels funny thats all... nothing to be concerned about.

What the hell are you talking about? Who rides like that? Are you really shifting under that kind of load? I just did my normal flex test by doing a push/pull on the seat tube and rear wheel. The wheel has a little flex but the frame is very solid.

Last edited:

Sorinok

May 24, 2019
Romania
My ebeast just arrived yestarday!
PSX_20190713_052741.jpg

Lee Dove

Oct 12, 2018
Scotland
Test it yourself, you will see you can flex it. Or just go into boost mode in a steep incline and change gears.

Just look at the chainstays they are stiff in up/down motion but not designed to handle high lateral loads. We are talking about 70nm + my power.

You really think I am making this up as an owner of a decoy? Why would I? ;) it just feels funny thats all... nothing to be concerned about.

Boost Mode on steep incline and change gear ... no thanks I have more care for my drive train than that. Let me know when you break a chain and how long your chains last . That is just poor riding.

Jedipip

Jul 29, 2018
Yorkshire
OK, If you say so.

Just for your info Carbon is 2-5 (depending on layup) times stiffer compared to Alyy and Steel ;) This based on Engineering measurements of course not Jedi sensitivity.:cool:

Just be careful with all that Jedi voodoo shit OK! ?

Jedipip

Jul 29, 2018
Yorkshire
Boost Mode on steep incline and change gear ... no thanks I have more care for my drive train than that. Let me know when you break a chain and how long your chains last . That is just poor riding.

Boost, uphill AND changing gears..... we have ourselves a drivetrain guinea pig! Let us know if you get 1000 miles out of the oily bits, I’m approaching 500 and it’s still shifting beautifully.

Wadders

May 20, 2019
Woking
Boost, uphill AND changing gears..... we have ourselves a drivetrain guinea pig! Let us know if you get 1000 miles out of the oily bits, I’m approaching 500 and it’s still shifting beautifully.
Changing gear under load ? my girlfriend does that. Lol

Marc

Jun 21, 2019
Switzerland
you guys.. telling me you never change gears uphill? You care about your chains? Really? And if I don't thats poor riding? a chain is nothing else than a wear and tear part as far as I am concerned, so is the chainring and the cassette. Especially on an ebike (3times more wear).

You never been to the Swiss Alps... ride there and tell me again you wont change gears uphill :sneaky:

Of course I am not changing gears under full load. I am saying the forces are quite high under load on an ebike and no wonder the carbon chainstays can flex sideways. I am not that blunt and feel the flex and jolt even on flats while shifting. But as said it annoys ME... if you don't feel it or give a sh** about it so be it, great!

Last edited:

Lee Dove

Oct 12, 2018
Scotland
you guys.. telling me you never change gears uphill? You care about your chains? Really? And if I don't thats poor riding? a chain is nothing else than a wear and tear part as far as I am concerned, so is the chainring and the cassette. Especially on an ebike (3times more wear).

You never been to the Swiss Alps... ride there and tell me again you wont change gears uphill :sneaky:

Of course I am not changing gears under full load. I am saying the forces are quite high under load on an ebike and no wonder the carbon chainstays can flex sideways. I am not that blunt and feel the flex and jolt even on flats while shifting. But as said it annoys ME... if you don't feel it or give a sh** about it so be it, great!
You claimed that you changed gear at 70nm of torque so that would be Full Load ? I bet you are just feeling the chain trying to take a crap ?

Marc

Jun 21, 2019
Switzerland
No man, I told you I feel flex in the chainstays. You told me my bike is broken if so. I told you to test it yourself by pulling on the chainstays with your legs OR shifting uphill. Never said thats my usual gear changing habit ;)

But whatever... god do I love my decoy?! It changed my riding forever. No more excuses. I can and I do go on a ride whenever I find bit of time. And I still find it a good workout. Love it.

06z

Jun 2, 2019
Southern California
Now if YT could only make enough of these Decoys to fill all the orders they're getting. Has any of you YT Decoy owners ridden a Norco Slight vlt? I would like to hear a comparison of the 2.

mitch1808

Jun 30, 2019
italy
Now if YT could only make enough of these Decoys to fill all the orders they're getting. Has any of you YT Decoy owners ridden a Norco Slight vlt? I would like to hear a comparison of the 2.
Norco has really good reviews but for that money is not worth it especially looking at the components.

Last edited:
Reactions: 06z

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
By the way, where was the test ride location? I send a PM to Rob, but he didn't answer cause he hates French people. (just kidding)
I'm pretty sure it's close from where I live!
Soz was in France when you asked (still am!). Internet in France seems slow ?
It was in Gorges de Loup - beautiful.

1E51D41C-A0C1-40DB-99ED-A3455E31AC61.jpeg

33red

Jun 12, 2019
Quebec, Canada
I do not know de YT but i demoed the Norco 1 hr on a small + 1 hour on a medium. I realy enjoyed it but i agree about the price being high.

Sorinok

May 24, 2019
Romania
Yes it's new fork, but it was 500 euro ??... Lyrik DebonAir, model 2019....I think it was a problem with the price, it was just 1 day.
I like RS fork, they are verry easy to service, i like Decoy Base for the back AL swingarm and i like the red color ?....
A friend just ordered Decoy BASE fryday, and today just arieved track shipping....YT is ON.

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
Did you ask for an upgrade? I wonder if I ask for different components on the pro race if it will come sooner?
I asked at the Demo day at FoD; what you see on the site is what you get, no substitutions.

Highway

Mar 3, 2019
Oslo
hmm I got error code w011 a couple of times on the last rides and that indicates speed sensor but there is not much to adjust there,, anyone else had this?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles