Norco Sight VLT

IMG_0273.JPEG
IMG_0277.JPEG

Top image is Brand spanking new , the lower image is out in the mud and slush having a ball . Bike is a VLT 2 , great fun ! Sadly I went to ride this morning and the bike would not switch on , charger says the battery is fully charged but the screen does not show even a flicker when the on / off button is pressed . The bike is at the bike shop waiting for them to check it out . I hope it is something simple and easy to fix , so I am not without the bike for too long , it would be so disappointing to have to ride my non assist bikes for more than a ride or 2 .

iXi

E*POWAH Master
Feb 17, 2019
Brisbane
There's mine. Currently in the shop getting a new motor. Hopefully get her back this week or early next week

20190623_144305.jpg

Apr 25, 2019
Perth Western Australia
Hi All, I know the battery is "removable by dealer only" but how difficult is this? When I registered my bike I suggested to Norco that they have dealers with batteries that you can hire, so you can remove battery at one end and hire one at the other. That way we could all travel with our bikes. I love to travel with my regular bike and it would be great to do it with the emtb. Becomes very expensive to hire a bike for a week or more and it's not your bike.

Etacata

Jan 21, 2019
Mt. Hood, OR
has anyone swapped out brake hoses or shifter cables on there VLT? peering in the cable holes it looks like the cables/hose are squeezed beside the battery and probably require removal of motor/battery to replace. would like to hear a 1st hand experience. thank you!

maramouse

Mar 24, 2018
Genoa Italy
has anyone swapped out brake hoses or shifter cables on there VLT? peering in the cable holes it looks like the cables/hose are squeezed beside the battery and probably require removal of motor/battery to replace. would like to hear a 1st hand experience. thank you!
I changed the code brakes with the Formula cura4, my mechanic, who did the job, told me that he had to dismantle the engine and battery to let the rear brake hose pass

Stray cat

Aug 24, 2018
On the trails
Question. For a 200lb rider. How many kilometres can I ride and altitude?
Using 50-60% Eco,20-30% pista and 10-20% boost
VLT 2,630Wh battery. Thanks

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
.............. Bike is a VLT 2 , great fun ! Sadly I went to ride this morning and the bike would not switch on , charger says the battery is fully charged but the screen does not show even a flicker when the on / off button is pressed . ............. .

I had the same symptoms on my Focus Jam2. One of the wires plugged into the back of the display had come loose* and was dangling. I pushed it back in until it clicked and BINGO!

Note * I believe that it snagged when I leaned the bike against a tree and got pulled out when I retrieved the bike. I was lucky that the connector came with it!

Stray cat

Aug 24, 2018
On the trails
Question. For a 200lb rider. How many kilometres can I ride and altitude?
Using 50-60% Eco,20-30% pista and 10-20% boost
VLT 2,630Wh battery. Thanks
That's a very specific question but I would think you'd get at least 50km depending on climbing, well over 1,000m climbing

Yep,I get between 1.000-1500m but I expected a bit more. With my Bosch CX Performance 500Wh bat,I got more o less the same
I hadn't calculated exactly,It should be 20% more

Reactions: MsO
View attachment 15231 View attachment 15232
Top image is Brand spanking new , the lower image is out in the mud and slush having a ball . Bike is a VLT 2 , great fun ! Sadly I went to ride this morning and the bike would not switch on , charger says the battery is fully charged but the screen does not show even a flicker when the on / off button is pressed . The bike is at the bike shop waiting for them to check it out . I hope it is something simple and easy to fix , so I am not without the bike for too long , it would be so disappointing to have to ride my non assist bikes for more than a ride or 2 .
Got it back about a week ago , just a cable disconnected inside the frame , both the mechanic and myself were not able to work out why this happened but all good now . The more I ride this bike and push it towards it's limits the more my smile widens , today I rode some trail that are rather unfamiliar to me and pushed rather hard on wet muddy trails , this bike has the right handling traits to just take that all in it's stride , it surprised me on several occasions when I thought I may have gone a bit too hard into sloppy , muddy corners , when it just hooked up after a small slide and drove through the corner , just missing the trees and other trail jank that made my eyes bulge at the thought of hitting them . This bike is a gem !

Reddog

Jan 26, 2019
Queensland
Have had my sight VLT2 since December. Its a beast. Swapped those SRAM brakes for XT 4 pot and am very happy with them. Had a derailleur problem after a stack and replaced the NX with XO. Happy with the suspension set up at the moment, I am 95kg so it seems to work well for where I ride. Love this bike. Rode the Cube and Merida but neither could compare to the VLT. Battery life is amazing. Can easily ride for 3 hours in any hills. Have never run out of battery. Have done 80+ km on firetrails and still had 2 bars left. No complaints here at all.

Dewi

Jan 9, 2019
Melbourne
VLT1
Fox 36 grip2 (29er for 18mm more AtoC and approx 1 degree extra rake over stock 27.5 fork)
Code brakes
Assegai DH tires (not in photo)
Love it.
Biggest ride so far 50km 1700mtr climb ride, exhausted battery and lots of eco setting used. Avg is 1000mtr/30km on trail
Mainly used for self shuttling local enduro/gravity trails.
IMG_20190204_183251_744.jpg
IMG_20190323_101007_348.jpg

Stray cat

Aug 24, 2018
On the trails
VLT1
Fox 36 grip2 (29er for 18mm more AtoC and approx 1 degree extra rake over stock 27.5 fork)
Code brakes
Assegai DH tires (not in photo)
Love it.
Biggest ride so far 50km 1700mtr climb ride, exhausted battery and lots of eco setting used. Avg is 1000mtr/30km on trail
Mainly used for self shuttling local enduro/gravity trails. View attachment 15667 View attachment 15666

Have you tried 29er wheel in front? What about stock shock? Nice rig!

Etacata

Jan 21, 2019
Mt. Hood, OR
I put a fox dhx2 coil recently on my vlt. in past bikes I've owned I ran a 550lb spring but even with a 600lb spring and compression cranked the bike blows thru the travel on big hits. think this bike needs an air shock imho.

I ran my commencal meta power with 29er in front and 27.5 rear and it's wasd awesome. it had a super low bb and that helped. interested if someone tries it on the vlt. it's a great bike!

Richt20000

Jun 29, 2018
Uk
I put a fox dhx2 coil recently on my vlt. in past bikes I've owned I ran a 550lb spring but even with a 600lb spring and compression cranked the bike blows thru the travel on big hits. think this bike needs an air shock imho.

I ran my commencal meta power with 29er in front and 27.5 rear and it's wasd awesome. it had a super low bb and that helped. interested if someone tries it on the vlt. it's a great bike!

You could try a progressive coil from Cane creek - might sort the problem

Stray cat

Aug 24, 2018
On the trails

I was doubting between coil or air shock. Finally got a Superdeluxe Air. I thought the system was quite progressive but I can see it isn't

Etacata

Jan 21, 2019
Mt. Hood, OR
You could try a progressive coil from Cane creek - might sort the problem
wow, didn't know these existed! ordered up a mrp progressive coil today. I think it will fit my dhx2. I'll report when it arrives. the dpx2 is a very good shock also. I ride very steep homemade fall line trails and need some big hit cushion whether it be from air or coil. I also put on a 1.5deg works angle set. slowly dialing my vlt in.

Richt20000

Jun 29, 2018
Uk
wow, didn't know these existed! ordered up a mrp progressive coil today. I think it will fit my dhx2. I'll report when it arrives. the dpx2 is a very good shock also. I ride very steep homemade fall line trails and need some big hit cushion whether it be from air or coil. I also put on a 1.5deg works angle set. slowly dialing my vlt in.

How does it ride with the -1.5? I’m comsidering this option as stock it doesn’t feel like I have a lot of bike in front of me. The only thing stopping me click buy at the moment is I wanted shorter chajnstays than 440mm

Etacata

Jan 21, 2019
Mt. Hood, OR
I like the slacker ht angle the works set provides. if I rode more flow trail or xc type trails I wouldn't bother, but for fire road climbs to dh trails its great.

Dewi

Jan 9, 2019
Melbourne
Have you tried 29er wheel in front? What about stock shock? Nice rig!
Thought about it, but it's just a play bike, stock shock gets the job done, although some finer tuning on the comp would be nice, maybe the factory version?? Keen to try a 29er front wheel but I've run out of justifiable spending on this rig.
Have a season of DH and Enduro coming up for me and my son so other bikes are getting priority. Going to try a coil in my Range and setting up my Aurum for my son to try.
I asked Norco for the rear lever ratios on the VLT as they publish them for my Range but they were very coy and secretive and did not want to disclose. I suspect it needs a reasonable amount of progression from the shock so not sure if a coil would be better for the VLT, if I had endless cash of course I'd love to try but it would be all guesswork and experimenting which can cost a bit with damping rebuilds and springs.

Etacata

Jan 21, 2019
Mt. Hood, OR
I had the same problem when I pool it my dhx2 coil on my VLT, blew thru travel even with a heavier spring and compression cranked. I purchased a mrp progressive coil (550/650) for my 190lb weight and couldn't be happier with the results. supple off top but as the coil gets to about 80% travel there's a sweet spot of extra cushion. almost feels like my evil wreckoning a bit. so much better than stock dpx2 shock.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles