• Warning!!

Riding a tuned or deristricted EMTB is not a trivial offence and can have serious legal consequences. Also, many manufacturers can detect the use of a tuning device or deristricting method and may decline a repair under warranty if it was modified from the intended original specification. Deristricting EMTB's can also add increased loads for motors and batteries. Riding above the local law limit may reclassify the bike as a low-powered bike, requiring insurance, registration and a number plate.

Be aware of your local country laws. Many laws prohibit use of modified EMTB's. It is your responsibility to check local laws. Ignoring it, has potential implications to trail access, and risk of prosecution in the event of an accident.

UK Pedelec Law

Worldwide Laws

We advise members great caution. EMTB Forums accepts no liability for any content or advice given here. 

STEPS Unlocker Android & Windows App for changing assistant/bike info and etc

vadII

E*POWAH Master
Feb 19, 2019
Earth
Android App is available!
At this moment you can find DEMO with interface features: Google Play

Features:
- Bike Info
- Battery info (recharge cycles and health %)
- Change Assistant Level, including maximum power

my3.png

Latest updates at stepsunlocker.com

Last edited:

valium64

Sep 16, 2018
Massa, Italy
Ok, understand now that is only a demo, graphics to me is good, simply and very understandable, assistance % may you have to adjust the limit because is not possible to go lower than 50% that for someone may be is still too high.

dabbler

Feb 21, 2019
Scotland
Suggestion: - Have the menu list on initial launch and use the back button to return to menu when in sub panel. Temptation is to press back button when in panel (but currently you have to use menu to switch panels). Use back when menu is displayed to exit (or add specific exit option to menu).

Just my thoughts..... but excellent work all the same.

dabbler

Feb 21, 2019
Scotland
Would also have the +/- buttons on any setting change further away from value (thumb/finger masks value) and have long press change at a slower rate (values flash by so difficult to stop where you want).

stiv674

E*POWAH Elite
Mar 4, 2019
Wiltshire
Just tried to connect to bike but every time it starts to connect the app closes :unsure:

Any tips on connecting as I may be doing something wrong of course.

stiv674

E*POWAH Elite
Mar 4, 2019
Wiltshire
Sorry but that doesn't help at all, do I have to go to Bluetooth settings on the bike display as with the shimano app?

vadII

E*POWAH Master
Feb 19, 2019
Earth
Sorry but that doesn't help at all, do I have to go to Bluetooth settings on the bike display as with the shimano app?
No. You don't need to go to Android Bluetooth settings, as well as E-tube app. You have to connect to your ebike direct from App

dabbler

Feb 21, 2019
Scotland
Same problem here with app crashing (sent feedback via android so hopefully you should have crash logs). Believe this is to do with the E8000 display (which I have) as other apps (Garmin) are not supported when connecting to this display.

stiv674

E*POWAH Elite
Mar 4, 2019
Wiltshire
Same problem here with app crashing (sent feedback via android so hopefully you should have crash logs). Believe this is to do with the E8000 display (which I have) as other apps (Garmin) are not supported when connecting to this display.

Maybe that's my issue then as I have the E8000 display as well.

b4rt

May 15, 2019
CH
so with fw 4.6.1 and latest app version we can only change assistant?
no market destination?

vadII

E*POWAH Master
Feb 19, 2019
Earth
aha ok, so how much is a license?
edit: im talking about the android app

30euro for full featured Android App
15euro for Windows

p.s. I already gave 30+ free licenses as offered (you can calculate how much it would cost for other tools.). Several guys ask more than one license (for mom, for dad, for girlfriend and etc) and promise to make a donate. No one made a donation! This is real funny!

Last edited:

gtaadicto

Jan 26, 2019
Leon,Spain
I bought the android license and finally got to change the limit from 25 to 32 km/h. Looking forward to trying the bike this afternoon :)

I saw that this app with the current 4.6.1 firmware doesn't allow derestricting, unless I downgrade to 4.3.2. Are there any plans to allow derestricting with 4.6.1 in the future? I think the Emax app for Windows already does that.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles