Colour poll on a new Levo!

Trumpet

Mar 2, 2019
Stamford lincs
I can only afford a base model 2019 Levo. However torn between the black and blue or the hyper yellow..

Help!

speclevoyellow.jpeg

35345-135330-main-95219-72_levo-fsr-men-29-nb-blk-niceblu_hero-251.jpg

Trumpet

Mar 2, 2019
Stamford lincs
Strange day... I had a black one pre ordered. Found an XL yellow one at Certini in Plymouth. They were happy to do the bike for £3800, so I went to Rutland Cycles to cancel the black one and get my £200 deposit back.... and as I walked in, there it was sports fans....!!

£200 more than Certini, but they've thrown in a dropper fitted next week.

Winner.

IMG_20190514_162818.jpg

Apples

Oct 27, 2018
Wiltshire
Personally I think Dark colours don’t age , so I would always go Dark not bright as you can change components to bling the bike and change the look , where as you would be stuck with bright yellow .

Maastricht

E*POWAH Master
Oct 3, 2018
M
I like the yellow, but agree it’s a trendy colour.

@Thomas performed a beautiful upgrade based on the yellow FRS version. I tried to search for the pictures but couldn’t find the thread that quickly. It’s worthwile to search for them as an example how you can make this bike and colour even more great!

Fridge

Nov 17, 2018
Northeast
Yellow, I have a nice blue but why on earth cant we just choose from all specialized colours? I would have chosen yellow as my first choice as it looks stunning in the flesh.

peippo

Mar 28, 2019
Finland
I quite like the way they painted the frame on the brighter color schemes, leaving the motor section black. It tricks the eye, and you don't notice the big motor that much, especially in person. I think you lose this effect with the black color option, that's why I went with the white frame myself.

Max-E

Apr 30, 2019
UK
Specialized have always been pretty good on colours (except for some wayward early 2000s) especially when they stick to the one bold colour and one simple graphic.

It's also pretty cool they even give you a choice in many models, many mainstream bike co's don't offer that.

I've been eyeing up the yellow and it does seem pretty green in some pics, not sure I'm brave enough but it looks great with the black rear end. If (as planned) I go for a Levo it has to be alloy and it has to be the Nice Blue (also for the spec) - looks stunning IMHO.

But colours like geometry, saddles, grips etc are totally personal so one person's 'stunning' yellow is another person's 'baby poo' snotty green... :D

I like them all but wasn't over keen on the Carbon red which seen in the flesh is not the traditional Specz red but more a fluo orange/red.

Last edited:

wrayb

May 9, 2019
North Carolina
My 2012 black/green Specialized Epic has faded to a black/dull yellow. I have noticed every other brightly colored bike has faded as well. So...I suggest Specialize do something about these colors fading. I chose to have mine wrapped to cover up the fading.

Ross1137

Sep 8, 2018
Australia
I can only afford a base model 2019 Levo. However torn between the black and blue or the hyper yellow..

Help!

View attachment 13789

View attachment 13790
I have the base model in black, mainly because my Rockhopper is black and my levo hard tail is black, however now i wish i got the yellow because the paint is gloss whereas the black is flat, so hard to keep clean because the paint isn't smooth and everything sticks to it.
20181117_171332.jpg

20190226_170532.jpg

20190106_173445.jpg

Trumpet

Mar 2, 2019
Stamford lincs
I know exactly what you're saying. My mate bought me some muc off bike spray. I cleaned mine, sprayed the aforementioned stuff and wiped the bike over. When I came to clean again, everything just wiped off it.

Just cover your calipers and rotors!

Ross1137

Sep 8, 2018
Australia
I know exactly what you're saying. My mate bought me some muc off bike spray. I cleaned mine, sprayed the aforementioned stuff and wiped the bike over. When I came to clean again, everything just wiped off it.

Just cover your calipers and rotors!
So you spray the whole bike? How long does it last? Does it make it easier to clean? I actually use muc off sealant in my tyres

Trumpet

Mar 2, 2019
Stamford lincs
So you spray the whole bike? How long does it last? Does it make it easier to clean? I actually use muc off sealant in my tyres

Just spray the frame and for any harder to reach bits and parts near the contact points/brakes etc, I spray onto a rag and wipe instead of spraying it all over the place. Makes it much easier to clean after you've used it. It basically leaves a protective layer on the bike. Lasts a good few rides. Highly recommend it.

Ross1137

Sep 8, 2018
Australia
Just spray the frame and for any harder to reach bits and parts near the contact points/brakes etc, I spray onto a rag and wipe instead of spraying it all over the place. Makes it much easier to clean after you've used it. It basically leaves a protective layer on the bike. Lasts a good few rides. Highly recommend it.
Thanks mate I'll buy some when my lbs opens tommorow.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles