Spectral:ON 7 - questions

G-Bru

Jan 8, 2019
United Kingdom
Had a bit of wrap kicking about so made it less black. Also used completely the wrong matt clear vinyl for a bit stone protection - I'll do the invisiframe when they bring it out (they want one of these but I'm too far away).

View attachment 11585

I like it! Great job! Noticed you’ve got the E7000 controller? Is this fit as standard on the 7.0 now?

G

adambcvg

Feb 18, 2019
The Nam
I like it! Great job! Noticed you’ve got the E7000 controller? Is this fit as standard on the 7.0 now?

G

Yes it is, not mentioned on the spec list.

The fork and shock are the e-mtb fox versions too (website isn't clear on it). Front isn't a 36 performance elite but a 36 performance e-mtb fit grip. Both are evol and I've not checked on tokens yet. First FoD ride this Saturday.

Ritchieroo

Mar 2, 2019
London
Hello got my spectral on back yesterday problem was I had the E8000 manual but an E7000 computer fitted and the instructions differ. E7000 has a black and white display. Bluetooth pairing is different. All good now they put new brake pads in cos there was a squeal although only ridden 120km. Problem solved v quickly by the service centre.

adambcvg

Feb 18, 2019
The Nam
I hadn't seen it but the screen is E7000 on the spec list. Bluetooth is easy to sort, just connects within 15 seconds after turning on

adambcvg

Feb 18, 2019
The Nam
Did 20 miles today in the FoD with Dom and Doug. It's a bloody revelation and I'm not sure I've ever had more fun or done harder stuff. Yes it's a heavy old thing and feels quite draggy on the flat or uphill without assistance, but it's otherwise brilliant. No problems using the E7000 screen or the dropper I wasn't too convinced about. Only found it hard on steep uphills using boost (needed to lower my saddle). Best set it up tubeless for next time.

Shog46

Nov 4, 2018
Yorkshire
Just to let anyone who’s waiting/interested, invisiframe now have size large kit for 2019 spectral On and will soon have size XL kit when I’ve mine ?

Oddstone

Mar 27, 2019
Finland
Just got my Spectral:ON 7 today, it's awesome. But it looks like the speed sensor magnet is missing. I'm getting the W011 error and I there is no magnet attached to the rear wheel like I think there should be. Wasn't in the box either. Anyone else had this problem? I'll call Canyon tomorrow.

UPDATE: I called Canyon, received a new magnet the next day. Great customer service, awesome bike, happy customer.

Last edited:

Shog46

Nov 4, 2018
Yorkshire
Just had my XL spectral:On frame protected by Lee at invisiframe today and what a excellent job he’s done. So if anyone is in need of a XL kit then they are now available

DS.

Mar 15, 2019
Devon
Got my on Friday.set bike up changed the battery.put battery in and guess what.EO1O error take battery out put back in EO1O EO1O EO1O.Conneted to e tube to try and sort it but as soon as I disconnect it EO1O pops up.now got to put it back in box a send it back nightmare.i wonder if they check them before they send them?

G08

Apr 11, 2019
West Wales
Got my on Friday.set bike up changed the battery.put battery in and guess what.EO1O error take battery out put back in EO1O EO1O EO1O.Conneted to e tube to try and sort it but as soon as I disconnect it EO1O pops up.now got to put it back in box a send it back nightmare.i wonder if they check them before they send them?
Had to send mine back to had a battery problem what a nightmare. Have they offered you a replacement bike that you need to pay for while the other 2 goes back

DS.

Mar 15, 2019
Devon
Sent bike back and got a refund ordered a Levo now pick it up at weekend just waiting for invisiframe to be put on it took a month from ordering the canyon to getting my money back the Levo is 40 minutes away so warranty is not a problem

G08

Apr 11, 2019
West Wales
Thatd
Sent bike back and got a refund ordered a Levo now pick it up at weekend just waiting for invisiframe to be put on it took a month from ordering the canyon to getting my money back the Levo is 40 minutes away so warranty is not a problem
I did mention to them their customer care was shit . Did you have any problems with them replying to emails it took them nearly a week to reply to 1 I sent.

DS.

Mar 15, 2019
Devon
I called canyon uk the guys there were very good they sent a email to canyon Germany plus I filled out the form online that was on the Monday by Thursday afternoon the bike had been picked up.I did think about getting another one but all the messing about put me off.Is yours sorted

G08

Apr 11, 2019
West Wales
Had my money back like you I think it took around a month to sort out. I didn't order another from them looking for something else . To be honest I don't want the hassle of sending another back if it went tits up.again

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles