Woburn sands trails

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
I went once in 2008 for my "Introduction to MTB" skills course. I remember being entranced by the place, with some very steep and tricky features. But that was through the perspective of a complete beginner, so be warmed!

I haven't been back since because it is quite a distance for me. My mate who was a quarry engineer told me that the place used to be a big sand extraction point and that it had been planted over with pine trees many years ago. If you Google "Woburn Sands MTB" you will find loads of info and videos.

I ride regularly at another sandy place over-planted with pine trees and if the ground conditions are similar, then it is likely to drain well, until all of a sudden it doesn't!

Rocket Roche

Nov 21, 2018
Hertfordshire
Yeah its pretty good been there a few time its about a 7 mile way marked loop there is plenty of off piste stuff as well, some nice technical bits with some ups and downs (y) also a pretty spectacular jump park if your brave enough? Theres a warden that goes around and collects £5 off you for the privilege

Wezza

Feb 5, 2019
Welwyn garden city
Sound like it’s worth a visit. It’s only 40 mins from me. I’ll let you all know what’s it’s like
Thanks for your reply’s

MrWid

Nov 2, 2018
Milton Keynes
It's my local.... The way marked loop is ok for a leg spin, with a few tech ish sections. And there's plenty of fun stuff in the "off piste" trails. Give me a shout when you're heading this way and i'm happy to show you about

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
@MrWid I'm feeling that an emtb Forum ride might be in the offing! Any chance that you could arrange something, preferably on a Sunday. I do guided rides and Sundays always seem to be the best attended days. It's a long way for me, but I'd love to visit Woburn Sands again. :)

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
I live in Mk and my son and I are up the woods most weekends, I don’t mind showing anyone around if anyone is interested ?
Nick

Well, that looks like we have a volunteer! :)
I have had a quick look back through the thread and I believe that from what they posted that the following members would definitely be interested:
Wezza
MeWid
Matt
Steve_Sordy
Toecutter

and the following might be interested:
Eckythump
Rocket Roche

All you have to do is to set a date, time to meet up (ready to ride), and an easily found location (car park, cafe, whatever). If you have a postcode even better! :)

Toecutter

Mar 25, 2019
Milton keynes
Well, that looks like we have a volunteer! :)
I have had a quick look back through the thread and I believe that from what they posted that the following members would definitely be interested:
Wezza
MeWid
Matt
Steve_Sordy
Toecutter

and the following might be interested:
Eckythump
Rocket Roche

All you have to do is to set a date, time to meet up (ready to ride), and an easily found location (car park, cafe, whatever). If you have a postcode even better! :)

? well I’m sure we can do that, once we decide on a day, Probably the best place to park is the main car park at the top of Church lane (will sort post code and map).

I’ll let you lot sort dates you want to meet, Any Sunday is probably the best for me, but I can do Saturday after 3pm if the majority would like now we have more daylight in evenings.

Let’s get sorting ??. Nick

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Sundays for me too. No early starts please. :)

Some idea of route length would be useful. On my first and only visit, I don't remember it being too steep but I was on my introduction to mtb skills course, so we wouldn't have gone anywhere challenging.

Toecutter

Mar 25, 2019
Milton keynes
Sundays for me too. No early starts please. :)

Some idea of route length would be useful. On my first and only visit, I don't remember it being too steep but I was on my introduction to mtb skills course, so we wouldn't have gone anywhere challenging.

We can do the main trail to start, has a mixture of everything you’d expect from a trail centre, I can then take you over the other side of the golf course where there is a mixture of little runs like down hill but all rideable and nothing neck breaking ? mileage wise, we did around 13 miles last Sunday
Nick

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
All sounds good to me. Add in some sessioning and the usual urine extraction and it should be a good day out.

I can't do this Sunday (7th), nor next but I'm free after that.

When you go this Sunday, think about how you would route the total ride bearing in mind that you will have people tagging along that have never been there before.

Toecutter

Mar 25, 2019
Milton keynes
All sounds good to me. Add in some sessioning and the usual urine extraction and it should be a good day out.

I can't do this Sunday (7th), nor next but I'm free after that.

When you go this Sunday, think about how you would route the total ride bearing in mind that you will have people tagging along that have never been there before.

Yeh good point, will have a route in my head anyway, I’m in no way a trail leader mind ? just been riding local woods for years and seen different trails open and close up there. Once the main trail is done it’s a case of just hitting different sections ?

Toecutter

Mar 25, 2019
Milton keynes
I can do 10am, ready to ride.

Sounds good, I’ve attached a map of car park where to meet, and I’ll attach a picture of my car so everyone knows it’s me ?

97BEF519-5E99-4E1C-93CB-093E19091328.png

0985A135-93A2-4485-99CF-A0BC1D0F1954.jpeg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles