Status
Not open for further replies.

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Ok who wants to buy a top end carbon Capra and a vitus E Sommet that was dropped from a height by a courier?

[EDIT] just watched the video. it's too heavy... Phew... :cool:
Still tempted though.
With a 27.5 front wheel, 2.3 rear/2.5 front and 170mm air shaft the Medium'd be close to my perfect Emtb though.

Last edited:

More-read-than-ride

Patreon
Jan 3, 2019
Spain
Seriously the coolest and best value on the market on pics and paper. If reality is a good as that, YT just made the most attractive bike on the market! :love: I was not going to consider a direct sales model because I really need mechanical support, but this has made me seriously reconsider...

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Ok who wants to buy a top end carbon Capra and a vitus E Sommet that was dropped from a height by a courier?

[EDIT] just watched the video. it's too heavy... Phew... :cool:
Still tempted though.
With a 27.5 front wheel, 2.3 rear/2.5 front and 170mm air shaft the Medium'd be close to my perfect Emtb though.
I suspect that they're using a similar system to the first gen Levo to hold in the battery (and possibly motor). This probably adds a chunk of weight to the frame weight. When Specialized redesigned their frame they lost about 800g of the weight...

Pics for comparison of the battery integration:

2019 YT DECOY
DECOY Electrics-4.jpg

04_Decoy_base_red_Seite.jpg

2018 Levo
39EDF809-9B20-4689-BA25-D6FA69B89B70.jpeg

Last edited:

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Thanks @Rob Hancill
I was just joking. guessing the wheels have tubes so tubeless, a non plus rear tyre and a 27.5 front wheel/tyre should knock at least a lb (maybe 2) off, saddle is also a lump so we're probably looking at somewhere around 48lb with pedals. So perfectly acceptible ;)
I'm at the checkout
Anybody know if YT take the money at checkout straight away for items not in stock or if it'll leave my account when the bike is in stock?
Used to be the latter.
(I've emailed them but don't expect a reply all that quickly)

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
I suspect that they're using a similar system to the first gen Levo to hold in the battery (and possibly motor). This probably adds a chunk of weight to the frame weight. When Specialized redesigned their frame they lost about 800g of the weight...
TBH after dropping the motor last night to rectify the shitty situation CRC left my cabling in after replacing my motor I'd prefer YTs approach.
Carbon probably saves about 400-600g over alu so the overall frame weight is probably similar to my sommet.

Andy A

Patreon
Jan 13, 2019
North Yorkshire
Wow I really love that bike it looks superb shame the 700wh battery isn't available straight away as it's for my wife Linda and she wants that 700wh battery in the Levo, she has a Levo Comp on order but she is really liking this one she might change her mind!

magnil

Sep 25, 2018
Sweden
How will YT handle warranty claims on motor and other parts? A little put off after Jeffsy warranty claim that took two months to handle, too long time to be without bike.

Will any Shimano service center handle warranty claims or do you have to send the bike back to YT?

mark.ai

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Jul 10, 2018
Windermere
What's wrong with the E7000 display? It's nicely tucked in, what benefits the hanging/loose EN100 have over it?

Nothing wrong with the E7000 display, but could have an even cleaner cockpit :) From the video it looks like there is space in the downtube above the battery, so you could hide it away totally if you wanted a super clean look. I'm so used to having no permanent display it would be weird going back to one again now!

zilh

Mar 28, 2019
NRW, Germany
Wow! Been looking at eMTBs for a while and could never really bring myself to get what was available, until now. Came close to buying a Canyon spectral:ON, but this took it to a whole new level. I saw the video, and have just ordered one... Waiting to see if this was a good move or not!

MattyB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 11, 2018
Herts, UK
Wow I really love that bike it looks superb shame the 700wh battery isn't available straight away as it's for my wife Linda and she wants that 700wh battery in the Levo, she has a Levo Comp on order but she is really liking this one she might change her mind!
....again...! ;):ROFLMAO:

peippo

Mar 28, 2019
Finland
Damn, wish I knew about this a month ago when I placed the order for a Levo Comp. I've been happy with my YT Jeffsy since 2016.

The Decoy looks at least as good as the Levo, if not better. Priced a little cheaper but comes with a carbon frame, suspension components at double the price, an easier to access and larger capacity battery w/ the latest cell technology... :eek:

If it wasn't for the motor, I would seriously consider canceling the order. I haven't tested or even seen a Shimano motor, but from everything I've read, it seems the Brose is clearly the better one?

Anyone know if YT charges the credit card on order, or on shipment? Maybe I should place an order to get in line and have a backup plan if the Levo delivery date gets pushed further back :cool:

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
How easy/expensive is it to change the travel on Fox forks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles