Tyre pressure gauge

• Thread starter Deleted member 2899
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2899

Does anyone know if the Topeak Digital Tyre Pressure Gauge can be used on car tyres?

Alan

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
If the head fits. Yes.
Car tyres are generally inflated to lower pressures than pushbike tyres.

*ignoring stupid fat and plus tyres.

Matt Seabrook

Jun 9, 2018
St Austell Cornwall
I brought the Topeak gauge and it’s no wear near accurate. It’s about 20% out so don’t use it. My track pump is fare better but you can only get to within a couple of psi as the gauge resolution isn’t great.

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
My Topeak gauge reads the same as the gauge on my Michelin 12v tyre pump and my shock pump (in so far as you can accurately read the gauge on that)

Feb 5, 2019
Wales
I used the Oxford digital pressure gauge until I got the topeak... just because I lost the Oxford one. I found the Oxford one, and the difference between them is 2 psi.

The best gauges in my opinion are the analog ones.

Matt Seabrook

Jun 9, 2018
St Austell Cornwall
My Topeak gauge reads the same as the gauge on my Michelin 12v tyre pump and my shock pump (in so far as you can accurately read the gauge on that)
I’m glad your gauge is accurate but tested against five other pressures gauges that read within 1 psi of each other it’s miles out. Thanks not including the track pump. I’m quite fussy about knowing the tools I use are reliable. All I can say is my Topeak gauge is a desk ornament. ?

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
All I can say is my Topeak gauge is a desk ornament.
Mine would be returned if was that inaccurate. The only time it had any issues was measuring shock pressure, but at 275psi I'm not surprised and it was most likely user error.

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
My bad, it was 225psi and the gauge is rated to 250.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles