Bike Wraps/Repaint Decals

TheBikePilot

🎥SHOOTER🎥
Patreon
Author
Oct 9, 2018
Clapham, London
I’ve just finally pulled the trigger on a 2019 Turbo Levo Expert, XL in Carbon and Green. Super stoked :)

Anyways, I do like the colour very much but I’ve always liked a black bike and I’d like to wrap or invisiframe it especially the Green areas and remove the green Specialized logos etc and replace it with something nearing the black or just off black/grey to accent it.

I don’t want to paint or powder coat it as and when I do sell it I’d like the option of returning it to it’s original finish.

Has anyone had any experience of this or know anyone South England that does this? I afraid I’m a bit of butcher when it comes to fiddly stuff like that.

I’ve seen some sick custom paints jobs on here and just wondering if anyone can help?

Thanks a mil. J2

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
I’ve just finally pulled the trigger on a 2019 Turbo Levo Expert, XL in Carbon and Green. Super stoked :)

Anyways, I do like the colour very much but I’ve always liked a black bike and I’d like to wrap or invisiframe it especially the Green areas and remove the green Specialized logos etc and replace it with something nearing the black or just off black/grey to accent it.

I don’t want to paint or powder coat it as and when I do sell it I’d like the option of returning it to it’s original finish.

Has anyone had any experience of this or know anyone South England that does this? I afraid I’m a bit of butcher when it comes to fiddly stuff like that.

I’ve seen some sick custom paints jobs on here and just wondering if anyone can help?

Thanks a mil. J2
I'll swap you my almost black XL 2019 frame. Very light use :ROFLMAO:

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
There's a guy that I met at Swinley who does it actually. He has a Levo and it looked quite nicely done. He's a Berkshire Cycles regular, I'll try to get his details.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
You can try these guys, they have done some car bits for me:

Vinyl Wraps & Car Wrapping in Surrey - Boss Dog

They are based in Redhill. I know a full wrap on a bike frame is difficult and fiddly todo, but a partial one not so bad

You can't powder coat carbon anyway, so your options are a warp or a respray. In terms of respraying, the best guy out there, who does a lot of TDF and MTB pros bikes, is based in Chichester - not cheap mind:

https://fatcreations.com

njn

Founding Member
Mar 14, 2018
USA
I bought some 3m vinyl wrap to cover some of the logos on my bike. Matched great with the gloss red. Pretty easy to work with, super cheap and easily removable.

Matching raw carbon will be close to impossible, but you could cover larger areas to your likes.

adambcvg

Feb 18, 2019
The Nam
I do it for a living but I'm in Gloucestershire.

Depends on exactly what parts need doing. I'd take the bike in, choose the colours and get a quote first. Buying wrap off eBay or say Amazon isn't a great idea tbh. It's normally rubbish. You can buy direct from hexis UK, the HX20000 or 30000 ranges are decent, if a little high tack initially.

Main thing is cleaning and deciding where to put the edges. Be very careful cutting too!

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Cheers @R120 :)

I’ll give boss dogs a call. Do you think I’ll have to strip the frame back to bare bones?

Cheers. J

Depends on what you want covered - if its only small parts and easily accessible then maybe not - the tricky thing with a built up bike it that it will be difficult for them to secure and hold, unlike a frame.

TheBikePilot

🎥SHOOTER🎥
Patreon
Author
Oct 9, 2018
Clapham, London
Hi Adam,

I don’t mind driving over as I’m only in London?

It would just be one colour and putting on the new decals.

What’s the turnaround on that and rough cost?

Thanks, J2

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles