Just moved up to 2019 Specialized Turbo Levo from 2017 model...

AdamDuckworth

Mar 3, 2019
Northamptonshire, UK
And just joined the forum! The 2017 was a Levo FSR Comp with the 3inch fattie tyres, the 2019 is the Levo FSR expert carbon with 29in wheels and the new motor and big battery.
And I can't believe the difference! Motor is faster, smoother, stronger and battery lasts for loads longer, and the 29in wheels roll over technical stuff much more easily.
A big difference. On my third battery now on the 2017 bike (all under warranty) so hopefully the new one will be better.
And my 2017 is now owned by my wife so hopefully she'll not have any issues with it.
New bike is stock with tubeless conversion, Renthal bars and stem and my preferred WTB saddle.

IMG_9440.JPG

JetSetDemo

🍦Two Scoops🍦
Patreon
Apr 1, 2018
Ashby de la Zouch
What a coincidence, I have just pulled the trigger on the same bike in the same colour! I have just upgraded from a 2017 expert.which my wife has decided we can keep for her! Wellcome to the forum!

I was only planning to do the tubeless conversion when it arrived before next weekend but am unsure with the tyres. I changed mine to Minion’s DHRII from the and rear and was woundering if I should do it immediately or give the butchers a few runs first?
Where are you based? Need to get you out on the next forum ride!

AdamDuckworth

Mar 3, 2019
Northamptonshire, UK
I'm in Northamptonshire so not too far from you, JetSetDemo!
I usually ride at Wakerley Woods (near FIneshade) but also a bit at Chicksands and planning to start going to Cannock and Woburn again.
I had Surly Dirt Wizards on the 2017 Levo and loved them, apart from the weight! Can't say I'm overly impressed with the stock Butchers on the new Levo. Not sure if it's the tyre or the different handling of a 29-er. I'm going to give them a few more rides before deciding what to do.
You'll love the bike, I'm sure...

JetSetDemo

🍦Two Scoops🍦
Patreon
Apr 1, 2018
Ashby de la Zouch
At the moment I have a Lapierre 729 on loan, (until the shop needs it that is) lol
very nice bike, first 29er ive ridden and very impressed so far. But if this is away on shop duties I would love to try your levo, thanks. :)
No problem @Kangr you are wellcome to borrow, I can get 2 bikes in the car so all good.

xcentric

Feb 2, 2019
Market Drayton
if you're open to all abilities, Cannock is quite near me and I've been round once or twice on my clockwork bike but that was years ago and I'm older, less fit, but just as keen to try again. Also on a Levo now..... do post on here when you're planning to go. My wife might even come, but she's hardly ridden a bike, so maybe we need to get her basic skills up a bit first.....

galaga187

E*POWAH Master
Apr 15, 2018
Wroughton
I'm in Northamptonshire so not too far from you, JetSetDemo!
I usually ride at Wakerley Woods (near FIneshade) but also a bit at Chicksands and planning to start going to Cannock and Woburn again.
I had Surly Dirt Wizards on the 2017 Levo and loved them, apart from the weight! Can't say I'm overly impressed with the stock Butchers on the new Levo. Not sure if it's the tyre or the different handling of a 29-er. I'm going to give them a few more rides before deciding what to do.
You'll love the bike, I'm sure...
I am running 2019 stock butchers on the back until they wear out but swapped out to a MM on the front as the butchers were washing out. Yesterday in FOD the front end held great but the rear struggled. I want a 700 battery now ?let me know dates of Cannock ride will see if we can visit the in laws.

Peaky Rider

E*POWAH Master
Feb 9, 2019
Derbyshire Dales
Will anyone be invited to this potential Cannock ride, even a 70 year old bloke on a Focus Jam2 ?
Ride Cannock four or five times a year but would love to check out/be shown some 'off piste' routes.

Wiltshire Warrior

E*POWAH Master
Jul 3, 2018
Poole
Don't forget to visit:
  1. The bomb hole near Rugeley Ranges - (thats where I broke my first carbon MTB frame - so I hope that doesn't jinx you!)
  2. Sher Brook Valley (watch out for the sand traps) - and some very steep climbs out of it on the east side.
  3. Glacial Boulder you must go and see the boulder for a selfie.

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles